ESPN Hates Us...

Jeremy517

Reaction score
dopeboy206":92p2lxn1 said:
The defending champs gets only 1 MNF game while the Eagles get 2...? The freakin Eagles who barely made the playoffs last season...

The Seahawks have the Thursday game that kicks off the NFL season, the primetime Thanksgiving game, a SNF game, and a MNF game. Complaining about MNF games is silly; MNF games aren't even prestigious any more. You're trying way too hard to be offended.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
austinslater25":12ex6coz said:
Its not being a crybaby and its a valid complaint. I personally prefer Sunday games but I have a hard time understanding how the NFL decides things at times. It is what it is.
It is crybabyism when it's YET ANOTHER perceived/manufactured slight that a seemingly large number of 12s want to turn into whining about disrespect.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ESPN slobbers all over the east coast teams/Cowpatties. Screw them. I call it the Eastcoastbias Sports Programming Network for a reason.

mrblitz

Reaction score
people, our team won the phreaking super bowl.

in light of that fact, how can any of this other stuff matter at this point in time?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
No limelight necessary, just bring the W's. Let the East Coast mediots concentrate on such legendary figures and teams as Tony Romo and the Cowboys. Super Bowl Champs that are already back under the RADAR...I like it! I think they are hoping the Seahawks were just a temporary blip on the RADAR. It's gonna be fun watching them get forced to pay attention again.

themunn

Reaction score
As a fan living in the UK, Thursday night and Sunday night games are the worst for me (I don't work most Tuesdays, so I can stay up and watch a Monday night game).
4 of our games this year will be at those times (and likely we'll see the home game against the Niners flexed in as we both chase the divisional title in the closing weeks). Awful

uncle fester

Reaction score
As volsung has quite rightly put it, the scheduling is never about who's just won the SB. The networks don't place as much importance on that. It's about ratings, and the Cowboys (and others) get higher ratings, rightly or wrongly, than Seattle.

Also, there was a lot of crying foul about the five 10am road games last season - and that wasn't really a big deal, results-wise, in the end.

themunn":1vpsfi1d said:
As a fan living in the UK, Thursday night and Sunday night games are the worst for me (I don't work most Tuesdays, so I can stay up and watch a Monday night game).
4 of our games this year will be at those times (and likely we'll see the home game against the Niners flexed in as we both chase the divisional title in the closing weeks). Awful

Yup, it's an issue. I prefer Hawks games at 1pm PT (9pm GMT) as you get a warm-up game for drinking/food purposes, then the main event, then a wind down game to reflect through - if you're still up!

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Good grief! Can we get these cry baby threads all in one bitch thread? They are wasting space and it seems we get other multiple same topic threads combined to one all the time.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":yso1r9lb said:
therealjohncarlson":yso1r9lb said:
And..? Who cares? We just won the freakin' superbowl and this petty sh** matters?

Seahawks fans who lives outside of the Pacific northwest that can't afford NFL Sunday ticket cares. They want as many prime time games as possible so they don't have to rely on the bars or the streaming crap sites that usually have bad quality. Yeah those people cares. (Sunday Ticket doesn't do MNF games)

Not true, lucky for us in Canada we get the time shifting channels from Vancouver that include all Seattle NBC, CBS, Fox, and ABC so no games missed. Prime Time games are not all that matters. I am thinking that Seattle sports is not a huge market outside of the PNW, teams like the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys will always get most of the Prime Time spots.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Heard an interesting take on this from Colin Cowherd this morning. He said that teams and coaches in particular don't like prime time games. It takes them off their routine, more outside noise like more interviews mid week than usual etc. This was not his opinion but he claims what he has been told by coaches and players.

So while it may suck for us fans to not have as many prime time games to watch, the team might be better off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2x2p35vq said:
Heard an interesting take on this from Colin Cowherd this morning. He said that teams and coaches in particular don't like prime time games. It takes them off their routine, more outside noise like more interviews mid week than usual etc. This was not his opinion but he claims what he has been told by coaches and players.

So while it may suck for us fans to not have as many prime time games to watch, the team might be better off.

The team is definitely better off as far as things like routine and wear and tear on their body having to play on short weeks, etc................and I do think the coaches would rather play in normal time slots due to the reasons I listed. But from listening to players interviewed, it seems like they love the attention and chance to play on primetime.

So not sure I agree with the player part of Colin's opinion.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wzi8klw said:
dopeboy206":1wzi8klw said:
The defending champs gets only 1 MNF game while the Eagles get 2...? The freakin Eagles who barely made the playoffs last season...

Just a note on this....Sunday Night has now kinda become the big game in recent years. Monday Night is nice, but Sunday Night is the more prestigious game these days.

I agree Marvin. Monday night football really has no real controls and sometimes the game stinks. 0-5 teams really dont matter that much. he he he...But The Sunday night flexed games mean a lot when the division or conference or rivalry is on the line. I think I like that game more than even the morning games we may have. And one more game after the 2 bad games in the morning may actually make me happy for the evening.

(Can I agree with Marvin??) :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

warden

Reaction score
kobebryant":ksmc6til said:
Good.

I don't like Sunday/Monday nighters; it takes me 2.5 hours to get to the game; making Sunday really late for me and the Monday games unavailable to attend.

We have a bingo, multiple week night games are something a huge number of season ticket holders can't do

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uk6vunhs said:
HawkRiderFan":uk6vunhs said:

The team is definitely better off as far as things like routine and wear and tear on their body having to play on short weeks, etc................and I do think the coaches would rather play in normal time slots due to the reasons I listed. But from listening to players interviewed, it seems like they love the attention and chance to play on primetime.

So not sure I agree with the player part of Colin's opinion.

Fair enough. I imagine it depends ont the player too. I can see Beastmode not wanting the extra attention at all and being annoyed at his routine being disrupted. Sherman on the other hands thrives on that and peforming well in the spotlight.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Prime Time Road games just means less 10am road games.

That's a positive in my book. Only 3 10am road games this year thanks to all these away prime time games.