Evan Brown

OP
OP
Hawkinaz

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Before the signing Spotrac had his value at $10.8 million per year in free agency the Hawks got him for 1yr @ $2.5 million and he’s young. I am assuming Brown is gambling on himself to have a good year and get a good contract next year. I see a motivated Evan Brown

balakoth

Reaction score
That man gets away with holding more than the entire Packers OLine.. holy moly

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
That man gets away with holding more than the entire Packers OLine.. holy moly
I guess so long as he gets away with it he will likely be the best center we've had for awhile. Maybe the draft will provide the big upgrade everyone wants to see us have. Since they only signed him up for one year it seems like that could be the plan.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
This is an awesome signing. We now have a Center / Guard with starting quality credibility. But, we really need to draft a Center early... like Schmitz. Evan Brown is an experienced player that could be a mentor on and off the field.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Haynes, Lewis and Brown are all signed for just the coming season. I can't imagine that they would like to go into next offseason without any interior o-line guys at all. We don't have much for depth either. We could draft a guard or center or both. I doubt it will be be early in the draft though, maybe second day. Never say never though, always a first time for anything despite the history.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sometimes it’s all about the right fit. You don’t have to be the best in the NFL at your position to be highly effective. You just have to work extremely well with your surrounding cast.

Take for example on our historic OL with Jones and Hutchinson, Tobeck and Locklear. There was the RG Chris Gray. Total JAG on most people’s metrics at that time. Hell, I remember calling him as such back then. Yet he just kept showing up to work. Doing his job. Nothing sexy. After awhile fans started to realize he didn’t have to be a future Hall of Famer. He just needed to do his job.

That’s how I feel about some of these people we are signing. Including this new center. You don’t have to be in the Ring of Honor someday.

Just do your job.

Boiler

Reaction score
Sometimes it’s all about the right fit. You don’t have to be the best in the NFL at your position to be highly effective. You just have to work extremely well with your surrounding cast.

Take for example on our historic OL with Jones and Hutchinson, Tobeck and Locklear. There was the RG Chris Gray. Total JAG on most people’s metrics at that time. Hell, I remember calling him as such back then. Yet he just kept showing up to work. Doing his job. Nothing sexy. After awhile fans started to realize he didn’t have to be a future Hall of Famer. He just needed to do his job.

That’s how I feel about some of these people we are signing. Including this new center. You don’t have to be in the Ring of Honor someday.

Just do your job.
The Gray hate was brutal in those years, but your observation is spot on.

Latest posts