Everson Griffen and the Seahawks

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks have reached out to Everson Griffen's camp about possible reunion with college coach Pete Carroll.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/3/18/21 ... sacks-edge

Even after adding Bruce Irvin and re-signing Jarran Reed, they are continuing to look for help off the edge. One name being considered is the newly available defensive lineman Everson Griffen. The four-time Pro Bowler is an unrestricted free agent after spending a decade in a Vikings uniform.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... -seahawks/

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Would love it...

But he can't be the only dl add..(after Irvin)

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3t3j88aj said:
Would love it...

But he can't be the only dl add..(after Irvin)

Remember we always wait to add big bodied guys seemingly after the cut down on the cheap, we may go after a low cost Edge guy that fits the mold much like Clemons was, NOBODY was excited about him when he got here and were just bitching about what we got rid of.

kf3339

Reaction score
It's time to do something about our DE situation, and he would be a very good add!

Hendo66

Reaction score
Ink him ASAP. Let the chips fall where they may with Clowney. 18.5 is high enough, can't believe he's not signing that.
Need to get Griff on board. So far it's just an exchange of Q for Irvin.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hendo, you mention 18.5, do you have a source for that number or is it just a figure you have estimated as the team's offer to Clowney? Just asking.

I hadn't seen anything as far as actual number before and that was curious to me.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Looks like the source is Tacoma News Tribune in player news on Rotoworld. Also thought i heard Dukes & Meadow mention it on Sirius NFL channel this am.

toffee

Reaction score
Griffen + Clay Matthews + Bruce Irvin, if we got all three, it won’t be too unreasonable to speculate an additional 10-12 sacks next season. They would be the perfect placeholder for Green Courier etc to get ready.

Pete has experience and relationship with all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1u1c7bos said:
Can't believe anyone wants Mathews on the team.
Something wrong with Matthew? Do share!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
toffee":q0a9fqd5 said:
Bobblehead":q0a9fqd5 said:
Can't believe anyone wants Mathews on the team.
Something wrong with Matthew? Do share!

He's been touted here as perhaps one of the dirtiest players in the league and especially against Wilson.
Personally, I don't care but just seems rather humerus.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Dirty player but still good to have on your team. People think Clowney is dirty.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
toffee":3i5r60m3 said:
Griffen + Clay Matthews + Bruce Irvin, if we got all three, it won’t be too unreasonable to speculate an additional 10-12 sacks next season. They would be the perfect placeholder for Green Courier etc to get ready.

Like that combo

nwHawk

Reaction score
Last year they really wanted to load up against the run, and consequently our pass rush was horrible. I see them looking for more balance this year. Collier and Green are best suited as base ends, which really should have us looking at Leo options. If they went Griffen + Jordan Jenkins + Bruce Irvin over Clowney, and drafted a project pass rusher, I would be okay with it.

King Dog

Reaction score
Probably not the right place for it, but I'm curious why Markus Golden doesn't get much attention. He had 12.5 sacks for the Cards, blew out his knee and missed a season. Two sacks the next season and was cut. Giants picked him up, he's healthy again and had 10 Sacks last season. 29 years old. Seems like a decent option as well.

toffee

Reaction score
IndyHawk":tz7qrvgm said:
toffee":tz7qrvgm said:

Like that combo
Three of them will cost more than Clowney and couldn’t do certain things that only Clowney could, but Clowney does have an injury history and three amigos will generate a lot more sacks.

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
Age is a concern for me here. The move wouldn't excite me honestly. If the Seahawks lose out on Clowney to the Titans, it'll be a truly disappointing. I think the front office put too many eggs in the Clowney basket and it may very well backfire.

getnasty

Reaction score
King Dog":2d7zyrfw said:
Probably not the right place for it, but I'm curious why Markus Golden doesn't get much attention. He had 12.5 sacks for the Cards, blew out his knee and missed a season. Two sacks the next season and was cut. Giants picked him up, he's healthy again and had 10 Sacks last season. 29 years old. Seems like a decent option as well.

Yeah i was wondering the same thing about Golden seems like a solid pass rusher that you here nothing about.

Latest posts