Exorcising Seahawk demons

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":aovc45id said:
Will not forgive Julius Jones

God damn right. I'm still pissed he was ever a Seahawk and was forced to cheer for him as a result.

OP
OP
K

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1yxd145y said:
My bad feelings for Mirer are tempered because we managed to get a 1st rounder for him from the Bears didn't we?

Yes. I have no idea how we were able to pull the wool over their eyes in that deal.

seahawksny

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3hnpcl7g said:
Reach out? Nope, the mediocrity is buried. I suppose I appreciate the "mediocre, mediocre" players of Seahawks past in some way, because they make Super Bowl victory so much sweeter. OTHO, those @#$$# caused me to wait for 38yrs!

Ring of infamy candidates:

Ken Behring
Tom Flores
Bob Whitless
Timmaay Ruskell
Jim Mora Jr.
Dennis Errorson
Dan McGuire
Rick Mirer
Stan Gelbarf
Doucheman Zada
Deion Branch
Hop-along Habib (how he slipped past the physical I have no idea)

What was wrong with gelbaugh? He played hard on a bad team

Whitsitt was good for the sonics.

seahawksny

Reaction score
bigcc":lit1icli said:
Largent80":lit1icli said:
Antwan Randell El?

Etrick Pruitt?

Rnadell El made a hell of a throw, find it hard to knock a guy for that..... Pruitt lost that game for us damn near single handedly due to PISS POOR play, a sin i cannot forgive.

Wasnt Pruitt a third stringret? Can't blame him for poor play. Excuse me for erasing some of the details of that from my memory bank, but why was he playing? Hamlin was hurt but who else wasn't playing?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I will agree with some that Mirer was shoved into a starting role WAY to early and he became shell shocked for life behind an offensive line.

I have been a season ticket holder since those days and saw it first hand, very sad.

He did play many years in the NFL, mostly as a backup though and not a lot of drafted NFL quarterbacks can say the same.

Ken Bering is absolutely the #1 bad guy in mind, he dam near stole the HAWKS from under our nose, no one else comes close, IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I never hated the Boz. I hated what happened but he was a motor guy that just couldn't stay healthy.

I was PISSED when the Pats drafted Bledsoe. We all knew it was going to happen and I Flores just felt compelled to draft mirer as the popular pick.

First. If that ass wipe didn't let Krieg go the Hawks would have won a Super Bowl in 92 over the Cowboys. They never would have been in that situation with NO QB and forced to draft a kid who made his numbers dumping the ball to Jerome Bettis and watching him roll for 30 yards s play.

Mirer managed the game and was thrown to the wolves. Back then we were grateful for 6-10 because we went 2-14 the prior year.

I actually let my hostility go when the Hawks got a 1st round pick for him and a 4th from Chicago.

I blame Behring because I think Flores just did what Behring told him to do. The Hawks 92 defense was so good that if there was a Dave Krieg putting an average offense on the field the Hawks defense would have been historical, but they were on the field all day. They never would have gone after Mirer.

Of course Mirer wasn't Danny Mac. Mirer actually won games.

Damn that Behring.