Expectations for next years offense

inda2o6

Reaction score
Re-sign Luke Wilson and play him at fullback more. More playing time for him, and Techno Tuesday’s.
Use some of the money to try and get more help on the o-line
Turn CJ into a wideout to cut down on the injuries, when Paul Richardson leaves.
JD keeps the 3rd down running back job.
Cut down on dumb penalties by moving Ifedi to RG and Fant playing Right tackle.
Swoopes earning some playing time, making money available since Jimmy leaves.
Trade for Demarius Thomas, just kidding ;)
Draft a running back that has break away speed and can break tackles, these last few seasons proved you can’t be overloaded on this team at that position.
Read-option is brought back into the play calling.
Special teams will give the offense better field position.
Pound the ball, take care of football, get turnovers, own time of possession,, unleash the defense in the 4th quarter. Run the ball to kill the clock. No more of the you win in the 4th. It’s not how you start the game thought.
New Mantra: Feasts Mode. Can’t have enough of these thing, I want more..., points, touchdowns, wins, championships. I’m still hungry!

Defense Mantra: Obese Mode... I still hungry... for more sacks, safeties, turnovers, shutouts, force fumbles, 3rd and longs, leads so we can attack like it’s our last meal.
Our will, forces them into reactions we expect. No more waiting. We dictate the game and how it goes, not like the last few seasons.
Windows are for looking through, for fans. Seahawks players smash the window...unless it’s a picture of a window like in the movie Split. :p
I want of this stuff to happen but I don’t have control of anything, so I all I really expect is, :sarcasm_on: Angry Doug to keep being pedestrian. :sarcasm_off:

RussB

Reaction score
I just want to see a well coached consistent offense. They dont have to be the 2013 broncos or 2007 patriots.

original poster

Reaction score
Who knows.

Even after the team announces the hires, FA and the dfaft has taken place, we still won't know.

I'm excited, though! Very excited about what 'could' be.

One massive advantage is nobody will have tape on our guys under this coaching regime so should, in theory, make things easier in year 1.

Sign37now

Reaction score
I'd be happy with an average offense this first year. Last year's offense was hot vomit and physically painful to watch. Any improvement will be refreshing..

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
The defense will play much better if the offense could build a lead. Now that the coaches have been fired, the star players will have to prove their worth again. Accountability is what I expect to see change most.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
How about the Fanbase not having to celebrate first downs like other teams celebrate touchdowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dadof3

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":39oive28 said:
How about the Fanbase not having to celebrate first downs like other teams celebrate touchdowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
+1. How about not having to celebrate a 4 yard run

Seymour

Reaction score
Impossible to answer before they put the staff and team together.

My min. expectations are the 2017 Seahawks as a barometer, but suspect we should improve.

I do not expect a Rams type improvement in year 1, but it's not totally out of the question either.

Most importantly, I now have hope.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I expect to see a noticeable improvement...which is much more than we have seen these past couple of years.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Opening drive touchdowns in 50% of the games, Top 10 red zone efficiency, top 10 in points.

Win TOP in every game. lolllllllllll

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Still going to depend largely on offseason acquisitions. Between that and lack of a new OC, not near enough information to make an adequate guess.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
As Montana said, hard to form solid expectations with a huge question mark at most vital offensive staff positions.

No matter the coordinator, I am expecting a serviceable rushing attack (at least 20th best in league) and at least slight improvement from offensive line under new coach.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Really hard to predict next year's offense with so many unknown pieces. OC, line coach, QB coach, Graham, P-Rich, Carson, draft, line? List can go on and on. I expect there will be some growing pains at the start of the season, but ultimately hoping for above average.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Just because we don't know who is coming in doesn't mean that certain standards shouldn't be in place regardless of who we hire. This is an expectation thread not a prediction thread.

Own The West

Reaction score
I expect Russell to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball in under 3 seconds -- or get his ass chewed.

I also expect us to be a top 15 rushing offense.

I also expect us to have a top 10 defense and return to the playoffs.