Expert prediction - our defense #30

evergreen

Reaction score
hawk45":ud18x6ns said:
I understand a case for the defense being worse, as an analyst considers the drop off last year when the last of the LOB were gone along with Bennett and Avril. Asking Clark to carry the pass rush from the edge was dicey, somehow he delivered, and now he's gone. Linebackers are a year older.

But I'm with the majority in that I just can't picture 30th and Pete Carroll.

We need to stop the griffin slide at LCB, hit on a new nickel, hit on a new safety, and hit on the DL, and to me that's far too many ifs to assume we will have a "good" defense. But 30th? Sounds like a hot take to me. He could have gone 20 and even if we exceeded that it wouldn't be considered and unreasonable extrapolation.
I don’t think so. Our D was stale in 2017 with most of those stars. We did the same or better with most gone in 2018. If we get Kendrick’s back we’ll be better this year. We have best three linebackers with him and K.J. that counts for something. And a better O can only help.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every time I see a link to Bleacher Report I just laugh and never bother clicking.

Chawker

Reaction score
With two DTs on the roster over 340 pounds, I'm thinking that they really are wanting to stop the run finally. This will help down on the gaol line. :snack:

CPHawk

Reaction score
30th ranked D with Wright, B Wags and Kendricks? That is a top 2-3 starting LB group in the NFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No Coleman, no Clark, no Stephen = a drop from #11 to #30. OK, sure thing. Cool story Bro. :pukeface: :177692:

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
To say the offense is off topic here is just ignorance. The offense helps the defense just as much as the defense helps the offense. We've seen it throughout Pete's years. If you run the ball and eat up the clock then the defense can stay rested. Couple that with time absorbing scoring drives and the opponent doesn't have enough time to score a lot. That alone will keep an average defense rated in the top half of the league and as far as I know, Pete hasn't had an average defense in a long time.

94Smith

Reaction score
I would doubt they would even be under 15