FA running back?

toffee

Reaction score
Carson may be out for the season, even if he makes it back, would he be 100%?
Penny is sitting on bench, can he make it onto the field?
Alex has been serviceable, but if he gets hurt?
Homer and Dallas, are they ready to run 15-20 times a game?
Is John looking for serviceable RB in FA? Someone who can come in and contribute, but not the Eddie Lacy type.

Any suggestions?

suppaball

Reaction score
Not much on the FA wire. Tod Gurley? Frank Gore? Maybe off another teams practice squad, but again who?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Leveon Bell is now available. But I think there are enough running backs to cover if Carson isn't available the rest of the season. They just need more touches.

Jville

Reaction score
This is the era of running back by committee.

Four should be more than enough for this week. :229031_shrug:

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":2b6cih0q said:
This is the era of running back by committee.

Four should be more than enough for this week. :229031_shrug:
4 is including Penny, that sat on the bench with 1.6 yards per carry Penny? he has been a shell of his former glory this season.

Homer is primary a passing down blocker. So down to Alex and Dallas. If one of these two gets hurt [emoji856]

Didn't want to scramble to sign a RB days before our conference championship game

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
OK Carson officially out of the season, having neck surgery. I really do think we need to sign another RB.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2xi7em9d said:
Let him know now so he can take a few weeks to get in shape.

OIP
Still got gas in that tank? Anyone checked on Lacy?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":1yrcpomo said:
Is John looking for serviceable RB in FA? Someone who can come in and contribute, but not the Eddie Lacy type.

Any suggestions?

I dont think they are going to have to sign a FA... Penny is back... his big thing is he hasnt played much so he just needs to find his timing and rhythm... carroll said he is going to get a lot of work in the next couple of weeks so hopefully he finds his rhythm.

Lth

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2cju9iuz said:
toffee":2cju9iuz said:

Any suggestions?

I dont think they are going to have to sign a FA... Penny is back... his big thing is he hasnt played much so he just needs to find his timing and rhythm... carroll said he is going to get a lot of work in the next couple of weeks so hopefully he finds his rhythm.

Lth

Optimism is fine, but do you mortgage your house, dump your full pay check into the Mega Millions lottery every week and win?

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":2ne61hk4 said:
LTH":2ne61hk4 said:
toffee":2ne61hk4 said:

Any suggestions?

Lth

Optimism is fine, but do you mortgage your house, dump your full pay check into the Mega Millions lottery every week and win?

Im confused...i fail to see what dumping your full pay check into the lottery has to do with penny coming off of serious injury and getting some carries to see if the guy can get into a rhythm... there is no reason not to be optimistic about Penny. He hasnt looked very good bit Carroll is right he just needs to get some play time so he can get his timing back...

Maybe he wont work out but maybe he will we will see what he looks like against the Cards

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
LTH":1q6201w4 said:
chris98251":1q6201w4 said:
LTH":1q6201w4 said:
toffee":1q6201w4 said:

Any suggestions?

Lth

Im confused...i fail to see what dumping your full pay check into the lottery has to do with penny coming off of serious injury and getting some carries to see if the guy can get into a rhythm... there is no reason not to be optimistic about Penny. He hasnt looked very good bit Carroll is right he just needs to get some play time so he can get his timing back...

Maybe he wont work out but maybe he will. we will see what he looks like against the Cards

Edit: it takes a while to come back from major knee surgery. It takes a while to get into Rhythm and get the timing of the plays right when you have missed over a year ...it different for everybody some people comeback sooner than others.. i think we just need to be patient.

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":14r0646f said:
chris98251":14r0646f said:
LTH":14r0646f said:
toffee":14r0646f said:

Any suggestions?

Lth

Maybe he wont work out but maybe he will we will see what he looks like against the Cards

LTH

He has shown to be a situational back, not one that can run for power, he needs a blocking scheme that can move to the second level which we do not have. He is a stretch draw type back that needs to go north and south. Watch the Rams he would be a great fit there with the line they have, but with our present line they can't get out and run interference as he turns the corner and hits the flat.

That's why he isn't a great fit now.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2v4zbbmv said:
chris98251":2v4zbbmv said:
LTH":2v4zbbmv said:
toffee":2v4zbbmv said:

Any suggestions?

Lth

LTH

He has shown to be a situational back, not one that can run for power, he needs a blocking scheme that can move to the second level which we do not have. He is a stretch draw type back that needs to go north and south. Watch the Rams he would be a great fit there with the line they have, but with our present line they can't get out and run interference as he turns the corner and hits the flat.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If they need another body, hit up Bo Scarbrough and BJ Emmons. Josh Johnson is on roster and ready for action, and also showed some promise in preseason.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":380s3rfi said:
LTH":380s3rfi said:
chris98251":380s3rfi said:
LTH":380s3rfi said:

Lth

LTH

I always thought he was pretty good at attacking the edge... I also thought he might be good with the screen game, maybe I'm wrong, but we will see cause he is going to get some playing time this week according to what Carroll was saying... I'm hoping he snaps out of it because he is a really nice kid, I like the way he runs the ball and I really want him to see some success...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1qqy966y said:
chris98251":1qqy966y said:
LTH":1qqy966y said:
chris98251":1qqy966y said:

LTH

I always thought he was pretty good at attacking the edge... I also thought he might be good with the screen game, maybe I'm wrong, but we will see cause he is going to get some playing time this week according to what Carroll was saying... I'm hoping he snaps out of it because he is a really nice kid, I like the way he runs the ball and I really want him to see some success...

LTH

You need to seal the edge push out the LB or take the CB deep and have a guy take on the DE, our O line can handle the DE but our receivers either need to block a LB or and take a CB deep to not tie it up till he turns up field. We do not do that well since ADB left, why every East West run looks like shit. Having Guards that can pull to take on the LB's would be nice also, but ours are D9's used to grade forward.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":3k7wi95a said:
LTH":3k7wi95a said:
chris98251":3k7wi95a said:
LTH":3k7wi95a said:

LTH

LTH

You need to seal the edge push out the LB or take the CB deep and have a guy take on the DE, our O line can handle the DE but our receivers either need to block a LB or and take a CB deep to not tie it up till he turns up field. We do not do that well since ADB left, why every East West run looks like $h!t. Having Guards that can pull to take on the LB's would be nice also, but ours are D9's used to grade forward.

Sounded like once released by Hawks, Penny may want to join the Lambs.

Latest posts