Falcons, Jets, and 49ers all interested in Quinn

seedhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3e8ymrk2 said:
seedhawk":3e8ymrk2 said:
The NFL is overcrowded with guys who rode a hot streak as a coordinator, took their HC chance, and got bounced. Think about this. While the money is really good, the lifespan of an NFL HC is as short as a normal players. 3 to 3 1/2 years. Now how enticing does it look?

Even more enticing when framed this way. Get that money while you can, even if only for a short while.

Successful coordinators who fail as head coaches don't just lose all marketability as a coordinator/assistant coach in the league.

I should have clarified things. Successful coordinators who wind up being successful as head coaches usually are patient enough to find the correct fit. Even if it means being a coordinator on multiple teams.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
seedhawk":16cg0it0 said:
MidwestHawker":16cg0it0 said:
seedhawk":16cg0it0 said:
The NFL is overcrowded with guys who rode a hot streak as a coordinator, took their HC chance, and got bounced. Think about this. While the money is really good, the lifespan of an NFL HC is as short as a normal players. 3 to 3 1/2 years. Now how enticing does it look?

Even more enticing when framed this way. Get that money while you can, even if only for a short while.

Successful coordinators who fail as head coaches don't just lose all marketability as a coordinator/assistant coach in the league.

I should have clarified things. Successful coordinators who wind up being successful as head coaches usually are patient enough to find the correct fit. Even if it means being a coordinator on multiple teams.

Umm, I guess I don't know how you know this. We know the histories of most successful coordinators who wind up being successful head coaches well enough that we know what jobs they actually turned down along the way? (I assume that turning down underwhelming HC opportunities is what you mean by being patient enough.)

Jville

Reaction score
So ..... Tom Cable is also on the Jets list.[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/549932980979126273[/tweet]

Also .... [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/549757965050200064[/tweet]

drdiags

Reaction score
In the world of coaches, there can only be one. Quinn made his move to become Florida's DC when his path here was blocked by Bradley, after Mora flipped the script on him and gave the DC job to Gus based on old school recommendations made by Kiffin.

The time is right for Quinn and I hope he is able to get the job he wants. I will miss him but you have to let talent become what it was intended to be. Would hate having to face him twice a year but a man must fulfill his destiny (holiday drinks are good for the soul ... smile)