Falcons, Jets, and 49ers all interested in Quinn

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Just hope these things don't distract him from the game plan.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Good coaches are rare to find, but it may be not just good coaches, its the GM/Coach/Owner relationships are the most complicated. If they are not on the same page and if they have egos that clash, you cannot build a successful program. Dan would be a great coach for sure, but he needs to be given authority and support around him so that he can actually be a great head coach. That is the problem with this league in general. Too much media drama, too much ego between people and then everything falls apart.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/549724774373797888[/tweet]

Quinn is gone. Woody is going to throw unlimited Bubble Bath and Pharmaceutical drugs at him.

Exittium

Reaction score
Well if I was Quinn I'd say no to the just UNLESS the get rid of PH right there on the spot

Jville

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2jgibnjp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/549724774373797888[/tweet]

Quinn is gone. Woody is going to throw unlimited Bubble Bath and Pharmaceutical drugs at him.

That's quite a crowd. Might as well talk to Trent Kirchner for GM position while they are here.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/549740606424375296[/tweet]

trharder

Reaction score
I was hoping Gus Bradley would get fired by the Jags so we could hire him back if DQ left.

Like was already said, John Clayton insists assistants that go all the way to SB don't get hired. Which seems so stupid I can barely believe it, but Clayton is right fairly often.

I'm hoping the 49ers hire Jim Mora for HC. Mora is the type to say multiple stupid things about Pete and the Seahawks like he did when he got fired. He will be easy to hate and a decent replacement as villain for Harbaugh. And, he can't coach for shiat.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
el capitan":1mzs9bxd said:
So basically his options are keep coaching one of the greatest defenses of all time with the chance to win multiple Superbowls or coach the Falcons or Jets........

MidwestHawker":1mzs9bxd said:
el capitan":1mzs9bxd said:
So basically his options are keep coaching one of the greatest defenses of all time with the chance to win multiple Superbowls or coach the Falcons or Jets........

A guy can't be overly picky about his first head coaching job. Pretty rare that you get to fill a really attractive opening with your first gig.

Pete Carroll had one of the best college coaching gigs in the country, with a chance to win multiple bowl games. He chose to take the chance to come to a 4-12 Seahawks team that was in total shambles and wasn't predicted to win anything any time soon. Anyone who says the 2009 Seahawks were any better off than the Falcons or Jets are today is smoking something very blue and green.

And yes, I know the situation he was in there in USC. Doesn't change the fact that he took an NFL head coaching job on a crappy ass team that totally flew in the face of everything every pundit everywhere was saying at the time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Talk about lazy. "well, we'll just go hit up the most successful team in the last few years and grab two guys from there". Saves on air fare, but they get screwed on miles !

sc85sis":3vg4k6ag said:
Hawks46":3vg4k6ag said:
pehawk":3vg4k6ag said:
Agree with goth girl...the 49ers aren't really interested in Quinn. They're just tweaking their rival(s) nipples a bit. The 49ers will bring an offensive guy to try and salvage Kap.

Yup. I can't see them bringing a defensive coach in when they have to figure out what they have in Kap. Even though the Niners signed him to a team friendly contract, you've invested a lot of time and energy into the thinking that he's your franchise QB. A former defensive coordinator isn't going to optimize that honestly.

Atlanta looks to be the best starting gig to be honest. They already have an incredible offense, but they need someone to get that defense in shape, and I think Quinn is the best fit. They run a 4-3, so they have most of the personnel in place for what Quinn likes to do.

On the surface, the Niners gig should be good, but I'd be leary of jumping into a situation where the guy before you was the most winning coach in his first 3 years in NFL history, then got let go. So how badly do you have to piss someone off to get fired there ? It's not like the on field product was unsatisfactory there. Plus, the OL is starting to degrade, the middle of your defense is either aging or injury prone, and you have big questions at QB. No thanks.

Belichick and Pete both did pretty well developing young QBs, but I can see your point generally speaking.

I also think Atlanta would be a better fit than the '9ers or Jets if for no other reason than the ownership/management situation. I'd hate to see Quinn end up working in a dysfunctional environment.

Yea, I'm not sure how much Pete and Belichick actually developed their QBs. When Pete came into the league, he damn near got whoever he wanted as a coach. Alex Gibbs came here for Pete, and he's the Godfather of the ZBS and was wanting to retire. It's really amazing how much pull and respect Pete had coming back into the league. I'm not sure, was it Lazor that was the QBs coach ? if so, he's a OC now.

Bill is just good at evaluating coaching talent/potential. Pretty much all of his OC's get poached for HC gigs sooner or later. Brady was an accident by the way, and Bill literally admitted to it. The only reason they picked Brady over another QB in that 6th round was because Brady was taller.

You do have a great point about Atlanta's ownership. The Falcons have one of the best owners in the league. He's super patient and doesn't like coaching turn over.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2c15k3sk said:
el capitan":2c15k3sk said:

MidwestHawker":2c15k3sk said:
el capitan":2c15k3sk said:

A guy can't be overly picky about his first head coaching job. Pretty rare that you get to fill a really attractive opening with your first gig.

Pete Carroll had one of the best college coaching gigs in the country, with a chance to win multiple bowl games. He chose to take the chance to come to a 4-12 Seahawks team that was in total shambles and wasn't predicted to win anything any time soon. Anyone who says the 2009 Seahawks were any better off than the Falcons or Jets are today is smoking something very blue and green.

And yes, I know the situation he was in there in USC. Doesn't change the fact that he took an NFL head coaching job on a crappy ass team that totally flew in the face of everything every pundit everywhere was saying at the time.

He took the coaching job mainly because the Seahawks were the first NFL team that allowed him to run the show. If you recall, Pete was the one who ultimately hired JS to work with him.. not the other way around.

The Falcons and 49ers aren't doing that. The respective GM's will have their say over the new coach.. and the Jets.. who knows what they hell they are doing.

I mean, I get that he wants an NFL HC job.. but I don't know if I'd want to go to the Jets. The 49ers at least have talent to cancel some crap out there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Raiders may be the gig along with Bears and Atlanta.

Ties to Schneider in McKenzie, a QB in place and a not to bad defense already. I think that Quinn and McKenzie could work together well because of the same philosophical principles as here.

Bears because they would fall in love with him and his ability to get the defense straightened out, I also think he would jettison Cutler and get back to bruiser ball with smart passing.

Atlanta due to having the pieces on offense but needing the defense to be tooled a bit, they could be on top the South quickly.

Jets and 49ers are both Puppet positions.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
If I am Quinn, I only interview with teams that will let me pick the GM, like Pete and John.

Seafan

Reaction score
Quinn coached for the Jets. It wouldn't surprise me if he took the job. Atl would be the better job IMO because of the QB situation. Quinn will be missed here.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Bears will go after him hard. I saw a presser with one of the McCaskeys today and he made the comment that when you play the Bears, they want you to know that you've been through hell. When I heard that, the first thing I thought of was Seahawk football (how great is that?).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Maulbert":3o1nyhka said:
Honestly, I could see the 49ers taking a run at Bevell. They're all convinced down there that Russ is an inferior version of Sack-or-pick and refuse to give Russ or Pete their due in Russ's development, so I could see them overvaluing Bevell.

SF radio guys were talking about Bevell tonight and said he is on the list of guys the 49ers are interested in.

seedhawk

Reaction score
The NFL is overcrowded with guys who rode a hot streak as a coordinator, took their HC chance, and got bounced. Think about this. While the money is really good, the lifespan of an NFL HC is as short as a normal players. 3 to 3 1/2 years. Now how enticing does it look?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
seedhawk":1arro2n5 said:
The NFL is overcrowded with guys who rode a hot streak as a coordinator, took their HC chance, and got bounced. Think about this. While the money is really good, the lifespan of an NFL HC is as short as a normal players. 3 to 3 1/2 years. Now how enticing does it look?

Even more enticing when framed this way. Get that money while you can, even if only for a short while.

Successful coordinators who fail as head coaches don't just lose all marketability as a coordinator/assistant coach in the league.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seafan":2cua208c said:
Quinn coached for the Jets. It wouldn't surprise me if he took the job. Atl would be the better job IMO because of the QB situation. Quinn will be missed here.
I don't see the Jets going for a defensive minded coach and I think Atlanta is too high profile (Blank has all the options), the smart move would be Chicago if he actually gets a fair chance. I think San Francisco and Oakland are more interested in an offensive minded coach which is too bad because he would probably do well in either location. If Miami does open up that might be a very interesting possibility.

Either way if he gets the opportunity just go for it because at worst he makes a bunch of money and can go back to being a defensive coordinator anytime if he fails.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree with Marvin ...Fangio is it if they hire a defensive guy as the HC..That probaly scares me more because then their D stays solid while Kap gets to be more himself like the 1st year..which means freedom to run at will..