Falcons lose 5th rounder&fined, Browns fined&GM suspended

rideaducati

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":384d3g9c said:
FlyHawksFly":384d3g9c said:
UK_Seahawk":384d3g9c said:
How do you suspend a GM for any amount of games?

No contact or interactions with the team. Pretty significant actually, can you imagine JS being cut off from the Seahawks?

On game day surely it's not an issue in the slightest?

Edit: Just read its a basic 4 week suspension from the whole facility. Seems a bit pointless, I hope he doesnt have any type of device that could transmit his voice to other people.

I would bet that NFL security would monitor all calls for anything inappropriate for all teams outside of Massachusetts.

original poster

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2r1852b5 said:
Seanhawk":2r1852b5 said:
Jebus, does every scandal in the history of the world have to be labeled -gate?

People have been trying out "-ghazi" but it's just not as catchy. Considering Watergate was 43 years ago I wonder how many people under about 40 even know where the term -gate comes from.

I was just about to ask exactly where it came from as it happens!

Jville

Reaction score
The Atlanta Falcons have acknowledged the use of pre-recorded crowd noise in violation of NFL rules during home games throughout the 2013 season and into the 2014 season until the club was notified last November that the violation had been identified.

That is an extended period of time before any action was taken. >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/932397400146235[/urltargetblank]

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3jk0wy5s said:
Seanhawk":3jk0wy5s said:
Jebus, does every scandal in the history of the world have to be labeled -gate?

People have been trying out "-ghazi" but it's just not as catchy. Considering Watergate was 43 years ago I wonder how many people under about 40 even know where the term -gate comes from.

I just dont really get why adding "gate" to the end of things became a thing to label it as a scandal. It's named for the watergate complex in the watergate scandal right? But what is the specific relevance of the "gate" part and why do we add it to the end of words like it means something?... Its just dumb imo

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":3hsmrsou said:
dontbelikethat":3hsmrsou said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/580853310023962624[/tweet]

One source said the discipline is expected to be “severe.”

Not exactly the best start for DQ. I think Falcons getting punished for the crowd noise ordeal and the Browns are being punished for the texting situation.

Yeah that's terrible to do, Glad that deflating balls and trying to purposely confuse officials and not adhering to concussion protocol is ok though.
But it's Tom Brady! He never does anything wrong doncha know?

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3n4w5zd4 said:
chris98251":3n4w5zd4 said:
dontbelikethat":3n4w5zd4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/580853310023962624[/tweet]

One source said the discipline is expected to be “severe.”

Not exactly the best start for DQ. I think Falcons getting punished for the crowd noise ordeal and the Browns are being punished for the texting situation.

Yeah that's terrible to do, Glad that deflating balls and trying to purposely confuse officials and not adhering to concussion protocol is ok though.
But it's Tom Brady! He never does anything wrong doncha know?

True Mizz, even when he jumps off cliffs and violates his contract :)