FALSE REPORT, on Kam situation, 710 reported it...........

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rocket":3qh6885q said:
When did millimeter (mm) turn into Million (M) but with capitalization (MM).
?????
I hate feeling old.

I'm not sure when it happened but it's been quite a while. There's no more K for thousands either. That's one M. I'm thinking maybe it's Roman Numerals????

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
What Kam needs to remember is that...."What goes around....comes around". He ought to remember the Golden Rule, "Do unto others what you would want done unto you". His "pay back" may not be what he is expecting.

mrt144

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":12xdrjy7 said:
What Kam needs to remember is that...."What goes around....comes around". He ought to remember the Golden Rule, "Do unto others what you would want done unto you". His "pay back" may not be what he is expecting.

Please elucidate on this so I can make fun of you.

Appleegg1

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm, I remember when Sherman was. #3 cb behind Thurman.
Team first. Next man up!

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the Seahawks use an extra linebacker in certain situations to replace Kam. I suppose we won't find out until the regular season.

I'm not expecting Kam until mid-season. But I think this could work out for the Seahawks if they can win some games early on. Kam will be healthy and ready to go for the late season push.

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
HawkGA":3eice8wb said:
Rocket":3eice8wb said:
?????
I hate feeling old.

I'm not sure when it happened but it's been quite a while. There's no more K for thousands either. That's one M. I'm thinking maybe it's Roman Numerals????
K and M are one thousand and one million in metric system notation.

M and MM are more commonly used in business and accounting and do indeed come from Roman numerals. M stands for the Latin word mille--one thousand. MM is meant to indicate a thousand thousands, AKA one million.

One could argue MM should actually indicate two thousand, as it does in the year MMXV, but that's a discussion beyond the scope of this thread. ;-)

I was at work when I posted and was working on campaign analysis, so I used MM out of habit.

seehawkswin

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm curious if anyone thinks that Kam's durability is a factor in his holdout. I know that he played through a lot of pain last season and was a real warrior for the Seahawks. Does anyone really know the extent of the injuries he was playing through during the Super Bowl? Maybe he's worried that his style of football won't allow him to play out his current contract at the same intensity level. Could he be worried that his body just won't hold up much longer and really wants to get more of his contract gauranteed? If he has serious concerns about his long term durability, Maybe he feels like sitting out a whole year might not be such a bad thing. It's not like he (or the team for that matter) would advertise these concerns if they existed. Again, sorry If this has already been discussed - I don't think I've seen any of this kind of speculation out there in any of the articles I've read.

Rocket

Reaction score
HawkGA":drdrnx66 said:
Rocket":drdrnx66 said:
?????
I hate feeling old.

I blame the NEA. ;-)

A

Anonymous

seehawkswin":1bs7wkus said:
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm curious if anyone thinks that Kam's durability is a factor in his holdout. I know that he played through a lot of pain last season and was a real warrior for the Seahawks. Does anyone really know the extent of the injuries he was playing through during the Super Bowl? Maybe he's worried that his style of football won't allow him to play out his current contract at the same intensity level. Could he be worried that his body just won't hold up much longer and really wants to get more of his contract gauranteed? If he has serious concerns about his long term durability, Maybe he feels like sitting out a whole year might not be such a bad thing. It's not like he (or the team for that matter) would advertise these concerns if they existed. Again, sorry If this has already been discussed - I don't think I've seen any of this kind of speculation out there in any of the articles I've read.

Welcome to .NET my new friend. :)

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find an individual here that really thinks Kam would hold out for the season. I've stayed relatively quiet in Kam discussions, but as far as I can tell, he's just milking it to see what comes out.

His agent, his friends, his attorney, his housekeeper, and his gardener are all in his ear, so the dude has GOT to have some serious thought process going on that fends all that off.

On one hand he has a case, on the other hand he has a perceived worth that he feels he can wield a bit to see what's up. You have to admire his confidence, but at some point his inner reality will materialize into a reality we all know; you gotta look to the future at some time, and it might as well be now.

seehawkswin

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Houston. I'm not convinced he'll hold out for the season either, I'm more interested in discussing his motives. Obviously, he wants more money, but nobody seems to be discussing the possibility that he may be worried he's physically past his prime. It sounded like he was playing through a lot of injury/pain last year. They idea of simply playing a couple more years on his current contract and cashing in on the next one might not feel like a real option to him if the physicality of his game is catching up with him. This is just my speculation of course. I have a hard time seeing him hold the team hostage if he didn't feel like it was his only move.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1dzmd63z said:
seehawkswin":1dzmd63z said:

Welcome to .NET my new friend. :)

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find an individual here that really thinks Kam would hold out for the season. I've stayed relatively quiet in Kam discussions, but as far as I can tell, he's just milking it to see what comes out.

His agent, his friends, his attorney, his housekeeper, and his gardener are all in his ear, so the dude has GOT to have some serious thought process going on that fends all that off.

On one hand he has a case, on the other hand he has a perceived worth that he feels he can wield a bit to see what's up. You have to admire his confidence, but at some point his inner reality will materialize into a reality we all know; you gotta look to the future at some time, and it might as well be now.

Maybe this applies????
[youtube]U2StPWy7GkA[/youtube]