FAO you doom and gloomers, remember...

irocdave

Reaction score
Ok... calling out fans who question the team, do you really think this will end well for you? Guess you win the internet today. So your so die hard Hawk, were you paying for game tickets in 92? How about 84?

STFU up enjoy the current success of the team. Calling out fans just feeds other fan bases CORRECT take on new Hawks fans as bandwagon fans. Yes, you. Long time suffering fans don't spew this type of nonsense.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
irocdave":1r2lr41r said:
Ok... calling out fans who question the team, do you really think this will end well for you? Guess you win the internet today. So your so die hard Hawk, were you paying for game tickets in 92? How about 84?

STFU up enjoy the current success of the team. Calling out fans just feeds other fan bases CORRECT take on new Hawks fans as bandwagon fans. Yes, you. Long time suffering fans don't spew this type of nonsense.

No thanks. I'll go ahead and feel the way I do about people's overreaction on game days. Will even post about it if I like.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":3ub3xd9w said:

I know you've seen the gameday forums, and what a total crap fest it is whenever we aren't blowing out the opposing team. All Laloosh is doing is calling out those people, not their fan card or any other BS, but their negativity. I honestly don't know where anyone would read anymore into this than that. :229031_shrug:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":1mn9hfdk said:
OkieHawk":1mn9hfdk said:
Laloosh":1mn9hfdk said:
minormillikin":1mn9hfdk said:
You're really bringing everyone together with this gem of a thread.

I'm usually a pretty positive poster (correct me if I'm wrong) but this stuff has struck a cord with me. I'd have them all wearing scarlet letters if I could.

*chord

Bah. Roland take the day off?

This is true, I was not discussing a cord of wood.
Okie's just doing the Lord's work in my absence.

Good man, Okie.

DJrmb

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1q00am7m said:
irocdave":1q00am7m said:

I know you've seen the gameday forums, and what a total crap fest it is whenever we aren't blowing out the opposing team. All Laloosh is doing is calling out those people, not their fan card or any other BS, but their negativity. I honestly don't know where anyone would read anymore into this than that. :229031_shrug:

Agree with Okie here.

I also am tired of the negative doom and gloom [true bandwagon] fans like OP is. I had tickets in both 84 and 92, so you want to call me a bandwagon fan bud? Bandwagon fans don't understand that we don't blow teams out week to week, that's not how we're built, never have been in the Pete era. Bandwagon fans don't understand that the 0-2 start this season is nothing like the Chicago Bears 0-2 start to the season. The Bandwagon fans don't pay enough attention to the team to realize we are still one of the most talented and deepest teams in the NFL and we'll be OK.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I don't consider myself a doom and gloomer, but I have definitely been in the tank since XLIX. Dang that sucked. The 2 losses to start this season, have been painful to watch too, but a W tomorrow would get momentum going in the right direction.

I'll be giddy if the OL looks improved, the defense stops allowing 3rd and forever conversions, and doesn't allow a 3rd string RB to rush for nearly 100 yards. Those are facts, not doom and gloom.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2fkhy9l1 said:
irocdave":2fkhy9l1 said:

Okie gets it.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I don't feel anyone here needs to be pigeonholed into a way of thinking because he or she has feelings about the team.

I also don't think it's productive to create and shove over strawmen to prove super-fandom.

When the team fails to perform, people will be angry because they are frustrated. This is a natural human emotion that manifests itself in passionate fans, and can cause boil-overs. Those same passionate fans will be out-celebrating the OP when the team is successful because they just run a bit hotter and colder than the OP does.

I'm a stoic individual myself. I neither hurl things at my TV nor do I weep tears of joy. I keep my feelings in check, but that's just my style and upbringing. I find it a detriment at times - last time I was at CenturyLink for a game (pre-season Chargers game last year), it was difficult for me to get into making a whole bunch of noise.

I also find it advantageous at times to take a more clinical and less passionate look at the team's performance.

But I'll never say my style is better than anyone else's. People who have knee-jerk reactions on game day are people who scream their bloody heads off at the game with complete abandon. We love their passion then, so we don't get to criticize it here.

What we don't need is this passive-aggressive angst crap against fellow fans. We're all in this together, and each has a part to play.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3ps3mpbs said:
I don't feel anyone here needs to be pigeonholed into a way of thinking because he or she has feelings about the team.

I also don't think it's productive to create and shove over strawmen to prove super-fandom.

When the team fails to perform, people will be angry because they are frustrated. This is a natural human emotion that manifests itself in passionate fans, and can cause boil-overs. Those same passionate fans will be out-celebrating the OP when the team is successful because they just run a bit hotter and colder than the OP does.

I'm a stoic individual myself. I neither hurl things at my TV nor do I weep tears of joy. I keep my feelings in check, but that's just my style and upbringing. I find it a detriment at times - last time I was at CenturyLink for a game (pre-season Chargers game last year), it was difficult for me to get into making a whole bunch of noise.

I also find it advantageous at times to take a more clinical and less passionate look at the team's performance.

But I'll never say my style is better than anyone else's. People who have knee-jerk reactions on game day are people who scream their bloody heads off at the game with complete abandon. We love their passion then, so we don't get to criticize it here.

What we don't need is this passive-aggressive angst crap against fellow fans. We're all in this together, and each has a part to play.

Passive aggressive? I thought that I was pretty overt in my criticism.

Passion is one thing. The "I told you so" crowd mixed with the "sky is falling" folks make the main (not game day) forum pretty chaotic for 24 to 48 hours after a game and it is annoying. I don't know what a super fan is but I know what common sense is. They're not using it.

I knew this thread would draw some heat and I'm fine with that. It was worth saying.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Laloosh, we'll take care of business. Especially since the ship is getting right. I ask one favor.....let us have a chance to have an option beyond the hammer.

I for one am enjoying the threads and attitude from Rex and Ringless. They're brave souls that have no clue about what's coming.....also Thank God we don't have to excise multiple Kam threads anymore.

:thcoffee:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score

Passion is one thing. The "I told you so" crowd mixed with the "sky is falling" folks make the main (not game day) forum pretty chaotic for 24 to 48 hours after a game and it is annoying. I don't know what a super fan is but I know what common sense is. They're not using it.

I knew this thread would draw some heat and I'm fine with that. It was worth saying.
It's passive aggressive when you generalize to a nebulous and possibly even fictional group to whom you can attribute all manner of ideas instead of addressing specific people who could then defend their position.

AgentDib

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3l7kfoz5 said:
At the same time there is a difference between feeling negativity, expressing negativity, and attempting to hit everybody else on the head with negativity that you don't actually believe. And while passion and negativity can coincide sometimes, most of the negativity around here is skepticism and cynicism.

It's fine if somebody doesn't understand the advantages of an empty set formation. It less fine if they sit behind me and repeat that every single time we use that formation over five seasons.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":38mofuoe said:

It's passive aggressive when you generalize to a nebulous and possibly even fictional group to whom you can attribute all manner of ideas instead of addressing specific people who could then defend their position.

Well, Meriam, if he was overly specific would that not constitute 'personal attack.' Guess he'll have to stay with that esoteric interpretation of 'passive aggressive.'

hawkfannj

Reaction score
irocdave":3iqh1dfv said:

Amen internet ninjas
Ever see the Lego movie ? Everything is awesome!

Mike 4G

Reaction score
People will feel how they feel. From the blind faith to the doom and gloom. That's what makes us different. I don't think fandom needs policing. Unless I missed forum rules about everyone staying even. It's what makes coming here interesting to me.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't see a lot of panic or pessimism for an 0-2 team, surprised by the timing of this thread.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2o8m2wcx said:
hawk45":2o8m2wcx said:
I don't see a lot of panic or pessimism for an 0-2 team, surprised by the timing of this thread.

You don't visit the GameDay forum then.
So he can specify "people in the gameday forum" instead of making it a general condemnation, and he can post it in the game day forum for the people who participate there to read.

However you want to excuse it, it's passive-aggressive BS. He can take it to the shack or handle his angst via PMs to those he has issues with instead of thumping his chest in the public forum.

When the team is 2-0 people are going to have their opinions which may not all be sunbeams and daisies. We put on our big-boy pants and deal with it just like we always have: If you disagree with something someone says, formulate a reasoned response that doesn't rely on logical fallacy, grandstanding, or questioning fandom, and respond directly to the post that bothers you.