FAO you doom and gloomers, remember...

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
So we have Doom and Gloomers - presumably they are people who dare to question any aspect of the team?

Then we have the middle-of-the-road people who see Chicago is a pretty crappy team that we beat handily as we should have - what is their official name?

And I guess we also have the people who think everything is awesome everything is good when you're part of a team - what is their designation?

I want to know, so I can address the proper strawman when I am generalizing about them.

For the record, the first half was indeed disappointing considering the poor quality of the opposition, but then again we have a history of slow starts. Crap - did I just make myself a Doom-and-Gloomer? Holy cow, I didn't know there's even a logo and clothing line for Doom and Gloomers:

3c4a4e7a01adf0600ebc4687d1c160a5

OkieHawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":12dgbq5i said:
So we have Doom and Gloomers - presumably they are people who dare to question any aspect of the team?

Then we have the middle-of-the-road people who see Chicago is a pretty crappy team that we beat handily as we should have - what is their official name?

And I guess we also have the people who think everything is awesome everything is good when you're part of a team - what is their designation?

I want to know, so I can address the proper strawman when I am generalizing about them.

For the record, the first half was indeed disappointing considering the poor quality of the opposition, but then again we have a history of slow starts. Crap - did I just make myself a Doom-and-Gloomer? Holy cow, I didn't know there's even a logo and clothing line for Doom and Gloomers:

3/10, would not read again.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2yevp5n8 said:

Love it +1

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":20biyzc8 said:

Dare to question the team? Lol, I suppose you missed my Unbelievably long post showing a bunch of mistakes and missed opportunities by the offense in week two.

It's pretty easy to be critical without being over the top with the drama.

You're very vocal in this thread but there are plenty of people who are pretty fed up with what I posted about.

As I said, I have no problem with the criticism (of my post) but you took the "we can't even question the team" approach mentioned in my OP and I'm not surprised in the least.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
i made light of this thread in the gameday forum....almost everyone that was on there was bitching about something...so is everyone here a bandwagon fan?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1gyl5qq1 said:
i made light of this thread in the gameday forum....almost everyone that was on there was bitching about something...so is everyone here a bandwagon fan?

I don't think the prevailing attitude of negativity is bandwagoning. I think it's just people who are really hormonal and can't keep themselves from expressing it.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3dmszpub said:
Cyrus12":3dmszpub said:

I don't think the prevailing attitude of negativity is bandwagoning. I think it's just people who are really hormonal and can't keep themselves from expressing it.

Way better (and to the point) than my OP.

hawk45

Reaction score
OkieHawk":14pnenep said:
hawk45":14pnenep said:
I don't see a lot of panic or pessimism for an 0-2 team, surprised by the timing of this thread.

You don't visit the GameDay forum then.

In GameDay, when the Hawks look crappy the posts are negative. Almost like people are watching the game and reacting to individual plays. That's what the forum is for.

Could be wrong but I don't think GameDay is what Laloosh was targeting.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
To be fair this offense is incredibly frustrating to watch in the first half...EVERY Game

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":28v8zqqr said:
To be fair this offense is incredibly frustrating to watch in the first half...EVERY Game

That's sort of my point, Wilson. It's not like this is any different than the past three seasons in any meaningful way with the exception of Lynch being less productive and the OL being better at pass blocking than run blocking despite being bad at both. Yet we have people losing their ____ freaking out about it like it is a new development.

Roland, can you spell check that please?