Favorite individual Seahawk performance?

Reaction score
Hasselbecks last win for the seahawks was pretty amazing. The beast quake game and Hasselbeck balled out beating the defending sb champs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1vd5lk4h said:
Mick063":1vd5lk4h said:
My second game would be the complete dominance of the Forty Niners on Sunday Night football. I'm going on recollection which may be faulty but: I believe Red Bryant blocked a field goal and Richard Sherman returned it back for a touchdown. I believe Kam Chancellor flattened Vernon Davis in that game as well. Kaepernick was screaming in the huddle and no one could hear him. Just an awesome game to watch.

That game was a thing of beauty. Last game I was able to attend. Harbaugh's birthday. Cold and rainy and we just dominated. And the 49ers were never the same hahaha.

That game just might be the most talented team I've ever seen get dominated like that. Usually a team has some flaws that get exploited in spectacular fashion, but that Niners team was great at damn near every position and deep as well. That game was all about winning with physicality and momentum.

I'd also rank that Monday night game in Philly where we beat them 42-0 and Tatupu had a monster game with 2 INT's.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":hbx2zupm said:
I'm gonna get slated for this.

I love an underdog story. Charlie Whitehurst was never ever going to be a good QB. He was/is a career backup at best. During the 2010 season he showed just how poor he could be against the Browns in a forgettable performance. So when it was announced that he would be the starter in the so-called 'NFC West Championship game' between the 7-8 Rams and the 6-9 Seahawks, most of us just figured we were gonna lose. Charlie though, had other ideas. He stepped out onto that field and became a God for 60 minutes of football, helping us to win the NFCW in Pete's first year, and allow the Beastquake to happen. I'll always look on Charlie's performance that day with a fondness, and I'm sure he will too.

I forgot all about that. I remember people being PISSED that Charlie was going to start. One prominent poster here (who I won't name) swore he'd never watch another seahawk game if they started whitehurst. He's still here though....

Then the next week some thought that whitehurst should start the playoff game instead of hasselbeck, and Matt came in and played an amazing game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Alexander against Oakland and Minnesota were just so much fun.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sherman's interview with Erin Andrews.

"CRABTREE!"

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Going for a recent one nobody mentioned:

Chris Clemons' absolute destruction (including four sacks in two quarters) of Aaron Rodgers and his line in 2012. It was a team effort that day on defense, and many people forget about the eight sacks Rodgers took because of how the game ended, but Clemons was insane.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3fem49qs said:
Going for a recent one nobody mentioned:

Chris Clemons' absolute destruction (including four sacks in two quarters) of Aaron Rodgers and his line in 2012. It was a team effort that day on defense, and many people forget about the eight sacks Rodgers took because of how the game ended, but Clemons was insane.

That was an incredible individual performance. On the other side, Irvin had his break out game as well. Those two just ruined the Packers' OL that game.

Chapow

Reaction score
Just a couple of months ago we got to watch Thomas Rawls rush for 209 yds on 30 carries, catch 3 passes for another 46 yards, and score both a rushing and a receiving TD. He humiliated the 9ers that day.

Of course, it's pretty hard to top Alexanders 5 TD game vs the Vikings. 139 rushing yards, 92 receiving yards, 4 rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Excellent thread. Some of these really take me down memory lane.

There are many that come to mind, but for me I'd have to go with Matt Hasselbeck against the redskins in the divisional round in the 05/06 first superbowl season.

He didn't put up monster numbers this game, but it was a game where Alexander got hurt early with a concussion.

It would've been easy to throw in the towel after the league mvp went down. Regardless of most of your opinions on Shaun, losing him in this game felt like a major blow. Our franchise hadn't won a playoff game since 1984.

However, Matt wasn't about to let the season end so early, especially after going 13-3 with the #1 seed. He carried the offense that day, with one of the most memorable touchdown runs I can remember where he slid in on his knees.

That play really propelled the team that game, and his performance was memorable. This was our first playoff win in 22 years

Attachments

• Matt.jpg
    Matt.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 1,026

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Before even reading the posts in here, a bunch of the ones mentioned flashed through my head:
RW's OT win @ Chicago
The Boz' 17 tackle playoff game @ Houston
Rufus' MNF destruction vs. Boomer & Cincy
Dave Brown's 2 pick sixes vs. KC
Largent's scab performance
Hell, Jimmy Teal's scab performance!

Another one not yet mentioned:
Dave Krieg, after already being sacked SEVEN times by the Chiefs' late great Derrick Thomas, escaping the game ending 8th sack by DT and instead hitting Paul Skansi for the game winning TD.
(I know most of you remember this game; just throwing in the details for those that don't. The epitome of "perseverance.")

But since I didn't witness any of those performances live, I'll go with the one that I did see live:
Shaun Alexander's 266-yard SNF game at Husky Stadium vs. the Raiders. Seeing a record-breaking performance like that is simply unforgettable.

Great thread!

pmedic920

Reaction score
How the Hell do you guys remember this stuff.
I do after y'all mention them but no way on my own.
Thank God I stopped killing brain cells when I did.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Alexander's 266 yard game against Oakland on SNF in 2001. I was at the game so that adds a little bit for me.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":w6mf83e5 said:
How the Hell do you guys remember this stuff.
I do after y'all mention them but no way on my own.
Thank God I stopped killing brain cells when I did.

Unfortunately, my memory is shot outside anything other than the seahawks. I can barely remember when my fiance's birthday is...which has gotten me in trouble before.

Somehow I'm able to remember so many things with this team, as I can see lots of you can too.

That Shaun Alexander 266 yard game was incredible, as was that first half against Minnesota that was mentioned earlier. We're lucky to have had him and lynch as our running backs. Can't wait to see what Rawls can do going forward.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Aros":27jvahx8 said:
I think Shaun Alexander ran for 4 or 5 TDs in the first half at home as well. Against the Vikings. Russ has had some amazing games as well, the Chicago OT game definitely one of them. Alexander's 266-yard rushing performance against the Raiders on MNF was pretty spectacular...

Todd- the Alexander rushing performance versus the Raiders was on SNF

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hasselbeck's final home game.

TJack and Charlie's combined win @ NYG.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Not really a total performance, but my favorite play of all time is, when Lynch just walks into the endzone against the Niners, and drops the ball. There are so many great plays, and performances over the years that deserve recognition, but to me this one play sums up our team perfectly. The swag on that play is amazing, truly a your team ain't **** moment.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
JSeahawks":376zjst0 said:
Zebulon Dak":376zjst0 said:
Those are all great so far. That Monday Nighter against the Raiders in 95 was one of my favorite games of all time. Warren had 3 TDs and they were all great runs. Galloway had a good game too.

And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha.

Kam's game in the playoffs last year against the Panthers was out of this world too.
That was a great quote by al michaels.

My first NFL game I attended was THAT GAME...the one where Alexander went off and scored 5TD in the first half which btw is an NFL record

Game was 45-10 at halftime and the Seahawks scored like 4TD in the last 2-3 minutes right before halftime..was incredible.

Alexander finished with 24 carries for 139 yards and 4 rushing TDs. 3 receptions for 92 yards and 1 TD. 230ish yards and 5TD is pretty damn good

Seanhawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":149vo489 said:
JSeahawks":149vo489 said:
Zebulon Dak":149vo489 said:
Those are all great so far. That Monday Nighter against the Raiders in 95 was one of my favorite games of all time. Warren had 3 TDs and they were all great runs. Galloway had a good game too.

And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha.

Kam's game in the playoffs last year against the Panthers was out of this world too.
That was a great quote by al michaels.

My first NFL game I attended was THAT GAME...the one where Alexander went off and scored 5TD in the first half which btw is an NFL record

Not my first NFL game, but it was my first Seahawk game. The amazing thing is that a bulk of the points came late in the half. There were a couple of Viking fans sitting behind us who DROVE from Minnesota that left to get a jump on the half time concession crowd after the Vikes kicked a FG to make the score 17-10 with about 3 minutes left. When they got back to their seats with about a minute left, the game was 45-10. Unbelievable.

My brother is a Viking fan and I actually stopped cheering because I felt bad for him. The same thing happened in December when we were up at the regular season game.