Favorite individual Seahawk performance?

kev007

Reaction score
Not really a performance but always loved Steve Largent unloading on Mike Harden after the INT in the endzone - must be one of the most bone-shaking tackles in NFL history! Believe the Seahawks won that game 42-14?

Great thread btw, lots of happy memories...

Go 'Hawks

JonRud

Reaction score
One of my favorite performances was a game I attended in 2010 - Seahawks at the Bears. Mike Williams caught 10 balls for 123 yards in a dominant performance. I could not believe how huge he was in person and they just could not cover him.

Lynch had just recently joined the team and even though Williams tenure was short lived, you could start getting that feeling of 'things could be different now with Pete', since the Hawks never won road games like that under Holmgren.

pehawk

Reaction score
A sleeper, losing effort was Red Bryant in Cleveland. He blocked 3 FG's to keep the Hawks in the game. Darryl Jackson after his father passed is unsung performance.

themunn

Reaction score
Easily, EASILY Russell Wilson's ridiculous 2nd half against the Falcons in the 2012 playoffs (bar the last 6 seconds or whatever)

17 attempts, 13 completions, 235 yards, 2 passing TDs, 5 rushing attempts 35 yards, 1 rushing TD, 157.1 passer rating

From a 20-0 hole. Like a man possessed.

A close second is the Rams fake punt return loss. In both games the defense could have put 15 men on the field and Russell would have still taken them to town.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Aros":28ri3sb3 said:
Zebulon Dak":28ri3sb3 said:
And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha..

Oh that's right, that was flippin' hilarious! :lol:

Just went and watched those highlights...

Hawks and Vikings were 0-3 going into that game. Trent Dilfer was the QB.

Place was sold out. Lots of energy.

Bandwagon fans indeed.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Uncle Si":2zlpkahu said:
Aros":2zlpkahu said:
Zebulon Dak":2zlpkahu said:
And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha..

Oh that's right, that was flippin' hilarious! :lol:

Just went and watched those highlights...

Hawks and Vikings were 0-3 going into that game. Trent Dilfer was the QB.

Place was sold out. Lots of energy.

Bandwagon fans indeed.

Somebody needs to make that a meme.

Tical21

Reaction score
pehawk":3ah8gb1o said:
A sleeper, losing effort was Red Bryant in Cleveland. He blocked 3 FG's to keep the Hawks in the game.
Damn thief. I bought a Red Bryant jersey after that game. It wasn't just the FG's. They kept trying to run the ball his way and he kind of gave them the Dikembe Mutombo treatment.

Tical21

Reaction score
Also, Leon Washington had some moments. Chargers in particular.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Hawks defeating the dolphins in the playoffs 1983 in Miami it was a raining afternoon and the first time the hawks were in the playoffs going to the AFC championship game in LA but the raiders were too strong .

evergreen

Reaction score
Russell against Buffalo his first year. Three running tds. Still i love the 2012 home game massacre of the 9ers 42-13. Don't forget the 58-0 drubbing of the cards. Or the 2005 Giants game where their kicker missed three game winners...

BASF

Reaction score
2002 was a very painful season from the beginning. The defense was being pushed around really badly by pretty much everyone. Dilfer was named the starter and was injured in week one where Hasselbeck played well, but would come back in week two for a handful of games, but would only have one good game. In week 8 against the Cowboys, Dilfer's season was ended with an injured achilles. As Hasselbeck started to get comfortable as the games went by, the team was still struggling. Then, the Chiefs game came along and you could see that the light bulb finally went on for Matt Hasselbeck. Matt was on time with almost everything. He was seeing the whole field and moving the safeties and linebackers very well. It was the first time I truly believed that we had a real quarterback with a future since parting ways with Dave Krieg (sorry to anyone who actually believed in John Kitna). Even though the next two games Matt threw five combined INT's, I have always thought that was the game that started our run.

slateman77

Reaction score
So many great performances to choose from but I love a good payback so the 1988 hit Largent put on Harden will forever be my favorite ...Sweet revenge...!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If I have to vote for play that wasn't from our Super Bowl era teams I'd go with Largent knocking the beejesus out of Mike Hardin after Hardin picked off a pass in the endzone and returned it. The play was actually nullified by a penalty on the Donks, but it was still awesome.

Fredd Young taking off Dokie Williams head on a punt return.
Numerous Rufus Porter plays.

As for the current era...... "The Tip", Beastquake 1 and 2, most of the 2006 NFCCG thrashing of the Panthers, and all of XLVIII. 8)

Jim in NYC

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2z4b49rj said:
Zebulon Dak":2z4b49rj said:
Those are all great so far. That Monday Nighter against the Raiders in 95 was one of my favorite games of all time. Warren had 3 TDs and they were all great runs. Galloway had a good game too.

And I was just watching highlights from that 02 Vikings game earlier today. "If you're just tuning in, the Seattle Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings" hahaha.

Kam's game in the playoffs last year against the Panthers was out of this world too.
That was a great quote by al michaels.

Mike Patrick. That was in 2002, when ESPN still had Sunday Night Football and ABC (with Michael) had Monday Night Football.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
This is an awesome post, especially for newer fans like myself... someone on this board has Lofa's game against the Eagles in Seattle as their sig.

I remember that one, just because the Hawks were mediocre...let me repeat that MEDIOCRE, that year, and I had a Eaglefan @ work who swore they were just come in and take the W. Lofa had other ideas that day, however, and terrorized whichever backup QB they had that day. I forget his stats, but I think he had like 2 long pick sixes and was EVERYWHERE on that field that day.