"Favorite" pick, "Hate" it pick and "meh" pick

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Love the WR picks. We are much better off with Richardson/Norwood at that price than Tate at 5/31M + one of Richardson/Norwood. Plus, Richardson is probably going to play a ton on the outside in Tate's position, and he can actually get separation from a DB in addition to high-pointing a ball. I think we might end up seeing that we got better straight-up on the outside with Richardson rather than keeping Tate.

I don't hate or "meh" any picks because I think this coaching staff is capable of great things, but I do feel some trepidation over the OT picks. I think Sweezy is coming along well, actually, but I'm really hoping that these guys can get coached up, and we have had multiple OL failures in the draft. However, I feel good about Sweezy, Bowie, and Bailey coming along, so I feel optimism along with trepidation.

Lithium

Reaction score
theascension":2mfi6wsy said:
Favorite: Kiero Small - might not make the roster but he seems like a prototypical seahawk, tough little bowling ball. I'm a huge fan of Mike Tolbert so I'd love to see him become something like that.
Meh: Both our O-linemen, honestly sometimes seems like we're always shooting for a mediocre/average o-line. I'd love to be proven wrong however.
Hate: Hard to tell until we see these guys play.

Yeah I also love Tolbert and am hoping Small can be similar. It does seem like we are shooting for mediocre with our O-Linemen, ive never really liked any O-linemen that we've drafted besides Okung.

FAVORITE: C. Marsh, I think the coaches can turn him into something special
MEH: J. Britt
HATE: None, but I wish we took some more proven guys instead of just physical, athletic guys

scutterhawk

Reaction score
My "meh" pick? = NorthDallas40oz, because he doesn't have anything to contribute to the discussion, BUT, he seldom seems to pass up a chance to snide.
I don't have enough expertise to grade most of our picks with any kind of accuracy, but I do trust that the folks that are in charge of doing it, know exactly what they're doing.
The reason that I clicked on this particular post?, I enjoy reading OPINIONS of fans here that have taken the time to explain their reasoning.

"I'm still in the dark room, developing my opinion" :16:

Seahawker86

Reaction score
kearly":3uiauhzu said:
Good stuff, Pandion Haliaetus.

Love it:

Keith Price in UDFA probably comes the closest to a "love it" pick for me. He has some major issues to overcome with his durability and mental toughness, but the fit in our offense could not be more obvious. I narrowly preferred Connor Shaw but Price was completely understandable given his connections to Carroll (through Sark) and Wilson.

Among the actual draft picks, my favorite was Kevin Norwood. This guy was AJ McCarron's go to guy when he needed a 1st down. He's very polished as a route runner and has excellent body control and hands. 6'2", 4.48. 7 out of 10 catches resulted in first downs. And for such an impressive possession WR, Norwood boasts the kind of yards per catch and TD per catch ratios of a #1 WR, which tells you he's also very good on deep throws and in the red zone.

Like it:

I worry about Justin Britt's susceptibility to the bull rush, but otherwise I think he was the perfect prospect to replace Breno. There were a couple of other OL prospects I liked more, but Britt is one fix away from being an above average right tackle.

Hate it:

Hate is too strong a word, but Kiero Small seems like a wasted pick. You could draft almost any fullback you want in the 7th round, and they get an undersized guy who's only real asset is pass protection. And our fullbacks don't pass protect very much.

Meh.

This whole draft felt pretty meh. But I guess if I had to single out one guy, I guess it would be Paul Richardson, who is the definition of pedestrian when he isn't running a go-route in garbage time when his team is down by five TDs. Richardson has the tools and route running talent to be a playmaker though, so I don't hate the pick. I just kind of think he's the Bobby Wagner of WRs, mostly boring, but he'll make a nice play here and there with his speed.

The Bobby Wagners of WRs? The same Bobby Wagner who was 2nd in voting for rookie of the year? If Richardson is 2nd in offensive rookie of the year then we got a gem on our hands

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I really have no idea. Other than Richardson and Price, I don't know a damn thing about any of these guys.

I don't "hate" any pick, for my afore mentioned reason of not knowing enough to hate. But I do hate that we didn't get one of the top O-lineman in the draft. We were super thin before, and now with Okung's surgery are even thinner.

I get trading down when you only have six picks, but I assumed we were trading down because we knew FOR SURE that one of the top lineman would still be available at 40.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chawx":17no6ye5 said:
I think the "problem" (in quotes) with PC/JS is not that they get too cute or get tunnel vision on their guy, it's that they literally give waaayyyyyyyyy too much credit to all 31 other NFL teams when it comes to finding these guys. I think they feel like a team like the Ravens, Lions, 49ers, whoever, are smart enough and diligent enough to know about these guys and they're worried that those teams will pick them up, when it's obvious that they're not smart enough to even know about these guys.

Bingo! That's it. They get too worried about losing a guy to a team that isn't even considering picking the guy. And then they "waste" the pick on him and miss out on getting him plus another guy they couldn't have otherwise gotten.

Latest posts