Female Fans and Frank Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
tro":1vtg3pau said:
Hi there,
I'm doing a story for the Seattle Times about female fans and Frank Clark. All of the women interviewed have been anti-Clark and we're looking for someone who is neutral or pro-Clark and has a different opinion. Please ping me ASAP. [email protected]. Thanks!
Tricia Romano

Looking for what? What's your angle? An opinion on the abuse of women? Quite certain you won't get any dissenting opinions. Or are you looking for mitigating factors for his behavior? His upbringing? An explanation of the actual events? Could one use the "second chance" mindset for his eventual redemption?

Vetamur

Reaction score
My gosh people are harsh.

The reaction of women to people whove been accused is a story in and of itself, quite apart from investigating the story.

She asked a pretty simple question without putting anyone out, it was a polite request.

Thats twice in a week weve seen this..someone post a simple post, and immediately gets vitriol in response. When its not the Shack and the PWR cant we all stop acting like the rest of the internet and be civil at least?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vetamur":862qiak0 said:

The reaction of women to people whove been accused is a story in and of itself, quite apart from investigating the story.

She asked a pretty simple question without putting anyone out, it was a polite request.

Thats twice in a week weve seen this..someone post a simple post, and immediately gets vitriol in response. When its not the Shack and the PWR cant we all stop acting like the rest of the internet and be civil at least?
The vitriol was aimed at the company she represented. A company that walked all over a human being to push an issue. Why shouldn't people be suspicious they would do it again?

titan3131

Reaction score
The local news has been deplorable with how they have handled the situation.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scottemojo":jaqo3xw6 said:
Vetamur":jaqo3xw6 said:

The vitriol was aimed at the company she represented. A company that walked all over a human being to push an issue. Why shouldn't people be suspicious they would do it again?

She represents a news agency, she asked to come in here as a new poster to gather volunteers for a story, you claim her company is biased, well isn't what all the posters that are attacking her doing the same thing, nobody here knows her, nobody here is in her staff room, although she does have the ability to use her platform to tell how narrow minded the people in this forum can be when she asked a simple request concerning this story.

Sadly if this is how were going to treat guests, or people of influence that can show the class, or classlessness of our home here then maybe we need to rethink how we operate here maybe also.

Everyone can have an opinion, but dragging out the gallows and rope on Clark is just as wrong as on Tricia.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
chris98251":2frarlf4 said:
Scottemojo":2frarlf4 said:
Vetamur":2frarlf4 said:

She represents a news agency, she asked to come in here as a new poster to gather volunteers for a story, you claim her company is biased, well isn't what all the posters that are attacking her doing the same thing, nobody here knows her, nobody here is in her staff room, although she does have the ability to use her platform to tell how narrow minded the people in this forum can be when she asked a simple request concerning this story.

Sadly if this is how were going to treat guests, or people of influence that can show the class, or classlessness of our home here then maybe we need to rethink how we operate here maybe also.

Everyone can have an opinion, but dragging out the gallows and rope on Clark is just as wrong as on Tricia.
My post was deleted, it said not one thing about the writer here to ask for help, I advised recording the interview yourself. My post was very specific about her company, which from the Baker story on has sensationalized the Frank Clark story.

If you think redoing how .NET operates so you can pander to the Times or a journalist is important, so be it. You are the mods, do as you please. Maybe a few more locked threads that only Mods can post in is the way to run .NET, perhaps deleting posts you don't like is the way to do things. I would not know, I'm not in the blue letter club.

kearly

Reaction score
I took Scotte's comment (the deleted one) as general advice, not something specifically besmirching the OP.

Sac

Reaction score
Scottemojo":4ux1zcjx said:
My post was deleted, it said not one thing about the writer here to ask for help, I advised recording the interview yourself. My post was very specific about her company, which from the Baker story on has sensationalized the Frank Clark story.

^^
This is actually also quite on point.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Why are we trying to accommodate the Seattle times around here? They stand for everything that is wrong with this city.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2vkk5x5a said:
chris98251":2vkk5x5a said:
Scottemojo":2vkk5x5a said:
Vetamur":2vkk5x5a said:

If you think redoing how .NET operates so you can pander to the Times or a journalist is important, so be it. You are the mods, do as you please. Maybe a few more locked threads that only Mods can post in is the way to run .NET, perhaps deleting posts you don't like is the way to do things. I would not know, I'm not in the blue letter club.

You had more to that post then just some general advice for a perspective person to be interviewed, the advice was good, but there was a personal twist as well.

I guess if you have issues with the Seattle Times maybe you should start a thread in the correct forum about them. Much easier to criticize though, and then bash the Staff here.

Oh and I am not pandering to anyone, You attack the times, I am supporting a poster that unless I am mistaken you have no conception of the angle, motivation, or reasons behind her inquiry. Maybe we should just burn everyone at the stake so that we catch everything innocent and guilty. That would fulfill the reasoning behind the bias you have as well.

I can separate the two and until given just reason will give her the same support and latitude any poster has and protection if necessary.

Like any other medium I do not support the writers or company line of any given publishing medium, be it the Times or Mike Florio or Hugh Millen all the time. You take the information and form your opinion or get multiple sources to make a decision on things.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
it is interesting that this particular case has garnered so much attention by the TImes, while the Tom Cable, Tony McDaniel, Kevin Williams, Cary Williams (not charged but suspended 2 weeks by NFL in 2010 for something DV related), and former Mariners reliever Josh Lueke's rape charge get scant ink. Maybe part of the stories in the Times should be about the inconsistency in which the media covers these past histories and if that's fair to those getting all the arrows shot at him like Clark or those getting comparatively none, like everyone else.

Geoff Baker covered the M's as beat writer at the time of the Lueke trade, and I am pretty certain the amount of time investigating what in the criminal justice system is a more serious charge, was less than what he has done here even 8 days since Clark joined the team. His storylines were more about tension within the front office about bringing Lueke in via trade, not details of the case or how prosecutors dealt with it pleading it down to a lesser crime as well.

And of course Detroit Free Press and the Detroit News must feel awkward about not reporting on any of this new info that continues to come out at the time the incident occurred and Clark was kicked off the team. The Times may want to contact those papers to get their thoughts on potential breakdowns in covering a story in such a big spotlight.

There's also the bigger picture implied in the attention being received to the Clark case, that is those who go through the legal system and settle their cases and pay some penalty like being kicked off the team, or lose their job in the non-football world, what do people propose we do in the future with these people. There's a big problem with those with criminal records getting job opportunities, and negative consequences to that are enormous, whether it leads to depression, increases the likelihood they commit further crimes, and subjects the public to having to subsidize their inactivity being on the dole.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
What's with the sensitivity and overprotective attitude towards the OP. Is this one of the mods sister. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.