Frank Clark "Richard Sherman and his era is over here"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":fwe5pmvm said:
It's amazing how much focus there is on Sherman's off-the-field remarks. For years, he was one of the best corners in the league. In my book, he will always be one of the best Seahawk players ever. I don't really give a crap what Sherman says to the media these days. I was more disappointed he chose to go play for the 49ers. But he's moved on and we need to also.

I agree with most of your post, but about the bolded part...

I don't think he has moved on. Did you not hear his interviews downplaying Russell's play? "They kept it simple for him [Russell]"

I love the guy, I would never boo him. And I will always respect his ability to outplay others and out think most, but I hope he let's go of his anger. I

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1llks9mp said:
I could've sworn Richard Sherman helped the "bottom of the barrell, team that nobody cares about that plays in a city nobody cares about" (at that time) Seattle Seahawks make back to back Super Bowl appearances. And win their sole championship.

Did you guys forget or......

He did do great things here.

And hes been taking snide shots at Seattle for awhile now.

Only in Seattle will some fans still hold the love for a guy who is disrespecting the home town team. Sherman could have rode out of here a hero, like you say, until he decided to be a prick.

At that point, love goes away...or at least it should. If he wants to magically grow up and stop being a petulant child, sure we will forgive. time heals all.

In the mean time, I hope we beat him like a drum again and evermore.

chris98251

Reaction score
You guys love social media and all the BS and crap that goes with getting likes, clicks and friended I can tell. It's all a game to Sherman, every time he gets someone upset over it he puts you in the fish locker with the rest of the fish he has hooked.

bighawk

Reaction score
Frank and Wagner run this defense and i am ecstatic they are doing this. Reed also as well and as long as they can take this on the road we have a chance to get back to where we belong. Baldwin we need him because other than Lockett we don't have any true well rounded receivers.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":28qlron6 said:
You guys love social media and all the BS and crap that goes with getting likes, clicks and friended I can tell. It's all a game to Sherman, every time he gets someone upset over it he puts you in the fish locker with the rest of the fish he has hooked.

I used to think so too.

Not anymore. He more and more is just bitter and immature.

Its just kind of sad now too because he and his team can't back it up.

You mad bro!! and screaming about Crabtree was at least somewhat tolerable because he was on dominant teams doing dominant things.

His Seahawk prediction blew up on him. He's on a terrible football team. He isn't really all that good anymore. Sad days for Richard.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Does Sherman really want to see #55 go into this game angry? That'll be a big win for Seattle for sure!

DJrmb

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1825s6ap said:
For those of us who thought Doug was looking like he didn't want to be at the CLink Monday night I give you this (see 1:04 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6L8maO ... r_embedded

Just because he likes his teammates on game day doesn't mean he likes or agrees with the coaches/front office...

710 ESPN has reported multiple times on their morning show that they have sources that said Doug is one of the anonymous sources behind the SI article that came out earlier ripping the team and Wilson. They've also said that there is major tension between Wilson and Baldwin. You can choose not to believe that if you want but I don't think they're just making that up out of thin air. It would also explain the lack of cohesion between them on the field.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, IF this is true, Doug needs to get over it and himself. Russ is the QB of this team, if he doesn't like it, too bad.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":2jetf9g8 said:
SeaWolv":2jetf9g8 said:
For those of us who thought Doug was looking like he didn't want to be at the CLink Monday night I give you this (see 1:04 mark):

Just because he likes his teammates on game day doesn't mean he likes or agrees with the coaches/front office...

710 ESPN has reported multiple times on their morning show that they have sources that said Doug is one of the anonymous sources behind the SI article that came out earlier ripping the team and Wilson. They've also said that there is major tension between Wilson and Baldwin. You can choose not to believe that if you want but I don't think they're just making that up out of thin air. It would also explain the lack of cohesion between them on the field.

I don't choose "not to believe that", because it's the first I've heard that. Would it shock me? Nope! I've always had a sneaky suspicion Baldwin is not entirely one you can trust.
If this is true, it's on Pete to snuff this out and do it fast. If Baldwin cannot get over himself and the fact Russell has "the woman", "the money", and "the attention", then I agree he needs to be shipped out.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
DJrmb":2tpmzj77 said:
SeaWolv":2tpmzj77 said:

Don't you just love heresay. If you repeat it enough times it becomes canon fact.

Anonymous sources commenting on anonymous sources. What stronger evidence do you need?

I think Doug being hampered by injury and not practicing much this year is accounting for the lack of cohesion. Baldwin had a very good season last year when all this "ripping Wilson and the team" stuff was supposedly occuring.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2g7nrp7n said:
DJrmb":2g7nrp7n said:
SeaWolv":2g7nrp7n said:

Don't you just love heresay. If you repeat it enough times it becomes canon fact.

Anonymous sources commenting on anonymous sources. What stronger evidence do you need?

I think Doug being hampered by injury and not practicing much this year is accounting for the lack of cohesion. Baldwin had a very good season last year when all this "ripping Wilson and the team" stuff was supposedly occuring.

Unfortunately people have used "anonymous sources" to lie so a lot of people no longer trust that. However, that doesn't mean that it's not true either. It would be rather foolish for a radio host to come out and say what they've said without knowing for sure it was true. That's the type of thing that could permanently damage their career. Also when you're in the business of breaking news you can't just oust your sources, you need that relationship to continue. As I said, you can choose not to believe it if you want but what sold me is when Brock Huard, who is a HUGE homer, said he heard the same things from "people within the organization".

lobohawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":18dq2d1g said:
SeaWolv":18dq2d1g said:

I've heard Salk go off on Doug, cause he doesn't seem as supportive of Wilson in public as he is with Sherman. He infers Doug is one of those voices, but I've never heard either he or Brock say definitively Doug was one of those unnamed sources or been identified as one.

Not to say they didn't in an episode and I missed it, but for all the ones I've listened to it was never noted.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I can promise one thing, Sherman will not respond to what Frank said. As dumb as I believe Sherman actually is, he dont want no smoke with Mr. CLARK!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":antxfzso said:
IThat's my opinion.

Quit beating around the bush here, Z, and just tell us how you feel and what you think, honestly. Sheesh!

I love it that the independent commentators are getting more attention. And I hope that Clark is right, that Sherman's era, while a great group to watch, can now be put firmly in the rear-view mirror. We have much to look forward to!

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":ababscci said:
DJrmb":ababscci said:
SeaWolv":ababscci said:

I don't choose "not to believe that", because it's the first I've heard that. Would it shock me? Nope! I've always had a sneaky suspicion Baldwin is not entirely one you can trust.
If this is true, it's on Pete to snuff this out and do it fast. If Baldwin cannot get over himself and the fact Russell has "the woman", "the money", and "the attention", then I agree he needs to be shipped out.

"the woman", "the money", "the attention", and the cardinal sin of all: Not black enough, whatever that means. Enjoy Doug, this is his last season as a Seahawks.

toffee

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3gt1lrrv said:
I don't believe anything in the mainstream media at this point.

Not a friggin word.

The mainstream media is sad and pathetic, and they are DYING, and good riddance to the lying bastards.

They are also evil and liars, so they really deserve the demise they are getting.

They are losing more and more views all the time to independent web sources.

And the more they lose the more desperate they get to create drama and stories, and so they lie more, and lie more... and they go out of their way to disparage people and create drama. To get attention.

They are so desperate, and so sad at this point, that they mount campaigns against independent web channels that are drawing a big audience. Like there's this kid on Youtube named Pew pew pie or some crap like that, who has a bigger audience than any ESPN or CNN show.

He's just a dude that the kids turn into, so what does our national media do? They are so jealous, so petty, that they are launching a full scale assault on the kid. Smearing him every chance they get.

There are authors that can't get their books listed on the NYT best sellers list because those authors spend a lot of time interviewing with web based media, and it fills traditional media with desperate hate and loathing.

So they lie more.

If the media is so stupid, so petty, so jealous, that they're willing to smear some surfer dude who plays video games and talks about nothing, just because he's getting a bigger and younger audience... how honest do you think they'll be in reporting a team when it comes to sports, especially a team that sits outside of their "power and influence" in the northeast and in LA?

Man, they're so pathetic desperate for poop to throw at this point, they're digging up dinosaur turds.

You can't trust a word they say on any of these major sports channels. Remember the drama they tried to stir up against the Patriots last year? They were so set that Bellichek was going to leave, based on the fact that he was in love with Jimmy G or some stupid story like that. If that team didn't have the owner, coach, and QB they have, it would have torn them apart.

Just like they tore the 49ers apart.

And to a certain extent the Seahawks.

People bitch all the time in sports, but it's the media that creates a lot of these narratives on purpose -- they don't report the real news anymore, they try to create the news, and if their narrative isn't working they will force it all the harder. They will fish for any spurious rumor, dig up crap that got said 5 years ago, and go on and on and on and on with the narrative until even the people who know better start half believing it.

So the fans need to stop with this nonsense.

Stop caring about "rumors" -- STOP.

Stop tuning into them and letting them build a narrative.

Treat the media like Marshawn Lynch treated them. Hate them. Detest them. Refuse to give them a single moment of your time.

He totally had the right idea. Just ignore the bastards, let them choke to death in their own vomit. I don't even have ESPN or SI or any of that garbage on my web browser anymore -- I go for almost exclusive independent sources.

Immunize yourself against them -- it will not only lead you to less stress overall, it will force them to pay the piper for their crap, and when they finally crumble we'll get something better to replace them. There's already way better content out there!

ESPN viewership is down 25% over the last 5 years. Let's take it to 75% --- absolutely let them die.

That's my opinion.

Just curious: When you head is deep in the sand, did sand looked beige, sandy, or just black? Independent source report please.