Field conditions in Philadelphia

seabowl

Reaction score
With all of the rain we have been getting in the Northeast the last few days I think the field conditions will be a factor. Probably going to see a lot of slips so hope they have the right cleats on. Have to admit I hate grass fields. IMO all NFL stadiums should have field turf.

sutz

Reaction score
seabowl":1hkb9vs7 said:
With all of the rain we have been getting in the Northeast the last few days I think the field conditions will be a factor. Probably going to see a lot of slips so hope they have the right cleats on. Have to admit I hate grass fields. IMO all NFL stadiums should have field turf.
Grass has given us problems in the past, especially wet grass. We lose a step and have problems choosing the right cleats. Hope they can compensate.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uh oh....Buffalo Wild Wings is on the job there tooo......

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ive said it before and I'll say it again: our equipment manager will bring the wrong cleats. We are doomed

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I remember the Carolina playoff game where the team couldn't get a grip on the turf at all and we were down by 30 at the half.
That's such a bad memory since its totally preventable way to lose. Hey equipment guy: "You have one job!!"

sutz

Reaction score
Our only road loss was on grass at LA.

getnasty

Reaction score
Well we have 4 losses on field turf if that makes you feel better.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":k5jyqk55 said:
Hate to burst everyone’s but I’m pretty sure Seattle beat the eagles on this very same field about a month ago.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2zum4q1i said:
sutz":2zum4q1i said:
Hate to burst everyone’s but I’m pretty sure Seattle beat the eagles on this very same field about a month ago.

Except that was a different Seahawks team and a different Eagles team which is why this match up will have a different feel. You think we are going to get 5 sacks and 174 yards rushing this time? Could push the rushing if they are beat up in the middle but Penny kind of broke out that game.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the field. This morning it's super windy here. My entire house is shaking. If Bevell and Pete continue the deep throws instead of short, we will not win. I don't care how strong your arm is, the wind WILL be a factor today. Short throws are what the Eagles have relied on for the last month of the season. But we have been stubborn in adapting at the start of the game.

xray

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3bylbvx7 said:
I'm not worried about the field. This morning it's super windy here. My entire house is shaking. If Bevell and Pete continue the deep throws instead of short, we will not win. I don't care how strong your arm is, the wind WILL be a factor today. Short throws are what the Eagles have relied on for the last month of the season. But we have been stubborn in adapting at the start of the game.
Bevell :?:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
ludakrishna":14jag2un said:

Ha ha ha. Did you cut and paste this from 3 years ago? Or have you been doing a Rip Van Winkle. Bevell indeed, LMAO

Jville

Reaction score
Game day forecast .... Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Link to National Weather Service >>> [urltargetblank]https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.95222000000007&lon=-75.16217999999998#.XhIBGPyIaUk[/urltargetblank]

Philadelphia Wind Forecast + Live Wind Gage >>> [urltargetblank]https://wind.willyweather.com/pa/philadelphia-county/philadelphia.html[/urltargetblank]

N/NW wind at 13.9 MPH with moderate gusts at kick off time ..... 4:00 pm eastern.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":24nhrt0i said:
Sports Hernia":24nhrt0i said:
sutz":24nhrt0i said:

Except that was a different Seahawks team and a different Eagles team which is why this match up will have a different feel. You think we are going to get 5 sacks and 174 yards rushing this time? Could push the rushing if they are beat up in the middle but Penny kind of broke out that game.
Pretty sure you missed the whole point of that post and maybe even this thread. Field conditions not team personnel.