Weather forecast Sunday in Philadelphia

seabowl

Reaction score
42 degrees and clear. Looks like two days of rain before that though so the field which is only so so should be slick. Have to admit I hate grass fields with the invention of field turf. Thank you Paul!!!!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The forecast at weather.com is predicting a windy day... 16 mph from the WNW.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
At least not snowing or raining as Wilson as we know is not an all weather qb. Perhaps better weather than what was predicted this weekend in Seattle.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I predict our equipment manager will bring the wrong cleats as usual

John63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":e3nef3jc said:
At least not snowing or raining as Wilson as we know is not an all weather qb. Perhaps better weather than what was predicted this weekend in Seattle.
Lol of course you make it a dig on Wilson. Let me help you with reality all QBs palt worse in rain and snow. Nutblets not let thevTRUTH geT in th way of your hate.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, only Russ. He's the only QB in the entire league who doesn't play as well when it rains. And an average Russ game is better than MANY QB's in the league on their better days. But ok, I hope it rains and they smoke the Eagles. Just another on the list of things that Russ somehow can't do. But absolutely, most QB's in the league are not going to play as well in the rain, it's not some big shocker.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
John63":1t2xiwt0 said:
Cyrus12":1t2xiwt0 said:
Lol of course you make it a dig on Wilson. Let me help you with reality all QBs palt worse in rain and snow. Nutblets not let thevTRUTH geT in th way of your hate.
If I could've gotten even money on knowing you'd not only respond to the post you quoted but being able to quote it nearly verbatim, it would've been the easiest money I ever made.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":hsghvfc5 said:
John63":hsghvfc5 said:
Cyrus12":hsghvfc5 said:
If I could've gotten even money on knowing you'd not only respond to the post you quoted but being able to quote it nearly verbatim, it would've been the easiest money I ever made.
Honestly just too easy lol. Yes other qbs drop off too. Some other qbs still do very well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Wilson's issues in the rain are pretty apparent.

Not sure why anyone would take that as an affront to him, or take it personal themselves.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
seabowl":3khjgo6j said:
42 degrees and clear. Looks like two days of rain before that though so the field which is only so so should be slick. Have to admit I hate grass fields with the invention of field turf. Thank you Paul!!!!

That's like what you are used to. It's what you play in every game at home. So it should be no problem for you. 42 degrees and a wet field. That's "Seattle weather" IMO.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Cyrus12":21nqkcdq said:
hawksfansinceday1":21nqkcdq said:
John63":21nqkcdq said:
Cyrus12":21nqkcdq said:
Honestly just too easy lol. Yes other qbs drop off too. Some other qbs still do very well.

Are these backed up with any facts? Or just perception?

Also it’s funny how trolling works. Somehow, the person reacting to the troll is the one that should be embarrassed.

It’s actually more predictable to see who will have irrational criticism of Russell every other day. I’ve been watching football for over 20 years, been on several forums. And it’s a bit disturbing the persistence some of you have with criticizing Wilson. Most fans support the best QB they’ve ever had and usually the nitpicking fans are ridiculed.

JGreen79

Reaction score
In this case it's not irrational criticism, his performace does drop significantly in the rain.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1185723857539223553[/tweet]

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":e6njiuid said:
I predict our equipment manager will bring the wrong cleats as usual

Priceless!! Yes, we've seen that one before.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Whatever the weather is all the players will have to deal with it. I think we'll handle an off track as well as the next crew. If anything were to affect us adversely I think it would be cold or icy stuff, but still the same story. Both have to deal with it and I doubt any of them practice much out in those conditions.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
JGreen79":3k73w31o said:
In this case it's not irrational criticism, his performace does drop significantly in the rain.

It becomes irrational criticism when the implication is that Wilson, to quote, is "not an all weather QB." If Wilson's play was "poor" in the rain, then fine. But it isn't, it drops off like virtually every QB. If anyone has any facts to dispute this lack of drop-off with other QBs, then by all means.

Jimmy G played in two rainy games this year, and basically scored 1 TD in one, and 0 TD and 1 INT in the other. Every now and then a QB has an amazing game in poor weather, but it's not overly common.

A critique becomes unfair when it's disproportionate to your peers. If every student in the class fails, or very few pass, it would be a stretch to single out one student as an idiot. Clearly context matters. Since Russell has been drafted, there have been a few people, including in this thread, who make a concerted...and disturbing effort to ignore context for the sake of creating a negative narrative towards Wilson.

Before it was he can't win without a great defense, the next was that he can't win if the opponent scores more than 24 points. Both of those criticisms weren't remotely fair because those stats apply to most QBs, but being fair was never the intention of some. Just a focus on bashing the easiest guy to root for in the NFL. Now this rain narrative remains, until he eventually has an all-world game in the rain or snow. A standard very few other QBs will ever be held to.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why does it matter how other qbs do in the rain. The notion here is that Wilson struggles in the rain, and the improvement in weather is a good thing because of that.

Extrapolating that out as unfair criticism is missing the point of the thread and doesnt need applying to every other criticism.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scorpion05":31vyrn06 said:
JGreen79":31vyrn06 said:

It becomes irrational criticism when the implication is that Wilson, to quote, is "not an all weather QB." If Wilson's play was "poor" in the rain, then fine. But it isn't, it drops off like virtually every QB. If anyone has any facts to dispute this lack of drop-off with other QBs, then by all means.

Jimmy G played in two rainy games this year, and basically scored 1 TD in one, and 0 TD and 1 INT in the other. Every now and then a QB has an amazing game in poor weather, but it's not overly common.

A critique becomes unfair when it's disproportionate to your peers. If every student in the class fails, or very few pass, it would be a stretch to single out one student as an idiot. Clearly context matters. Since Russell has been drafted, there have been a few people, including in this thread, who make a concerted...and disturbing effort to ignore context for the sake of creating a negative narrative towards Wilson.

Before it was he can't win without a great defense, the next was that he can't win if the opponent scores more than 24 points. Both of those criticisms weren't remotely fair because those stats apply to most QBs, but being fair was never the intention of some. Just a focus on bashing the easiest guy to root for in the NFL. Now this rain narrative remains, until he eventually has an all-world game in the rain or snow. A standard very few other QBs will ever be held to.
One of the rain games Jimmy G played in was a monsoon. Neither team could run or pass.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you ever played the game or watched especially the players pre domed stadiums you can see and feel the difference, some people can adapt and do it naturally and have figured it out, a receiver and RB that can play take shorter and choppier steps and don't stride so much and change their way of cutting with keeping their feet under their shoulders for the most part.

QB's that adjust either have a an adjusted grip and can throw the ball with a slightly different spin or trajectory, more palm less fingers for instance and have it roll off fingers instead of gripping with fingers little things, may not have as much zip on many throws. Now days some use gloves, Wilson isn't one of them so you can still use a good grip with Finger Tips on the ball. The Gloves are made to have a sort of sticky texture on them from my understanding.

Now how that works with a damp ball I am not sure, the supposedly change out balls regularly and most are dry at the start of a play.

Just a bit of an observation, considering Wilson is a QB with fairly large hands it's weird he doesn't excel in the rain.