Final two round mock draft

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If the Irvin deal goes down, I think that all but guarantees a trade up this year.

Going to be a fun weekend

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
massari":2sxwyvje said:
Recon_Hawk":2sxwyvje said:
massari":2sxwyvje said:
I think some people undervalue picks because all they see is a number. So instead of #63+#112 to move up, how about looking at it like Sammie Coates+Chris Conley or Cedric Ogbuehi+Frank Clark for DGB or whoever they'd take if they move up, because this is the kind of talent that will be had at #63+#112.

Would you guys still want to move up?

For a player I have graded much higher than the value of #63+#112 then absolutely I would.

We can play the what-if game but the draft isn't that predictable. Maybe Conley is there in the 4th, but maybe he goes early 3rd.

Maybe Coates goes mid 2nd and Seattle really wants to address the wide receiver, but they are limited to a specific type of receiver on their board they prefer, so they have to "reach" on Conley (basically what they did drafting Justin Britt last year who was the last of good right tackles left on their board).

At least with a trade up you know what you're getting and at what price. That's why GMs have a draft value chart which assigns a value to each pick. Names don't matter. Once the draft value chart is figured out then it's simple economics. If Player A is worth a first round pick, but can be had for the value of a mid-2nd round pick (#63 and #112) then you make the trade.

That's why I want them to draft the best player available regardless of position because there will be very good talent at both #63+#112 so if all the 2nd round talent WR's such as Coates are gone, then take the best OL,DL,CB.

It doesn't seem we need a WR,OL,DL,CB any more than the other, especially since we got Graham. Just go where the talent is and take whoever falls to you because there will be great players at #63+#112 and I'd hate to trade them for an early 2nd rounder.

They have ammo in this years draft to grab players that fall to them later in the draft, though.

Statistically it's tougher finding impact outside the 1st two rounds, though i know it does happen. Trading up increases their chances greatly of finding a impact player when getting into the top 50 prospects that its much harder to find in the 4th rounds and later.

If there's a top player on your board that you would have had loved with the #31 pick is there, that you think can fit in and help contribute to a superbowl season, and he's around pick 50, then yeah I would give up a chance on the one player sitting alone on top of the board. It still doesn't stop them from finding good players throughout the draft.

shit I'd be cool if they kept their 2nd pick that they move up in the 3rd round if they see a few of their 2nd round grade players left on the board. I think Xavier Cooper or another DT who falls a bit would be a good addition. A good corner would be a smart move. I don't see there's much to loss in the grand scheme of things, but they have a lot to gain when moving up for a player that know is available that they feel confident about impacting the team.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kearly":3j1gai7f said:
It hurts every time I see Devin Smith mocked 45-55. I think that's probably where he gets taken, but jeez, he's right there Seattle! Go get him! He would be sensational in our style of offense. If I was a scout in the Hawks war room, I'd pound the table for that guy. On day one he'd be Wilson's go to guy on the deep ball.
For the range of where we will be picking, Devin Smith is my favorite as well if we go WR with our first pick in this draft... regardless of a trade up or not.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":1ban2c0q said:
I would love it if DGB went to SF. He won't do anything against the LOB, but he might help SF knock off the Cardinals or Rams.

It hurts every time I see Devin Smith mocked 45-55. I think that's probably where he gets taken, but jeez, he's right there Seattle! Go get him! He would be sensational in our style of offense. If I was a scout in the Hawks war room, I'd pound the table for that guy. On day one he'd be Wilson's go to guy on the deep ball.

In a stay-put scenario, it's hard to feel bad about getting a solid OL like Mitch Morse. My instincts are that this is very much plan B for Seattle though. I also suspect Seattle has Grasu graded higher. They are SPARQ-whores at many positions, OL especially. I get the feeling that Seattle feels pretty good about this year's mid-round OL group. Seattle loves making "who?!" picks at OL and this year will probably be no different.

Actually, I'd love it if DGB went to SF as well. The way it's looking right now, the inmates are kind of running the asylum down there....rookie HC that's never been a HC, people leaving and retiring. DGB needs structure and a strong locker room and that's definitely not SF right now. It would ruin them and him.

original poster

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ka46ykv said:
kearly":3ka46ykv said:
I would love it if DGB went to SF. He won't do anything against the LOB, but he might help SF knock off the Cardinals or Rams.

In a stay-put scenario, it's hard to feel bad about getting a solid OL like Mitch Morse. My instincts are that this is very much plan B for Seattle though. I also suspect Seattle has Grasu graded higher. They are SPARQ-whores at many positions, OL especially. I get the feeling that Seattle feels pretty good about this year's mid-round OL group. Seattle loves making "who?!" picks at OL and this year will probably be no different.

Actually, I'd love it if DGB went to SF as well. The way it's looking right now, the inmates are kind of running the asylum down there....rookie HC that's never been a HC, people leaving and retiring. DGB needs structure and a strong locker room and that's definitely not SF right now. It would ruin them and him.

Not sure why you'd want to 'ruin' him?

Ozzy

Reaction score
kearly":22zbu9ey said:

I am praying we go get Smith. He's been my pick for this offense since the beginning.

Latest posts