Finish This Sentence...

The Seahawks Super Bowl Window Is...

• Wide open for at least 5 more years.

Votes: 65 49.2%
  • Pretty open. Maybe the next 3 to 5 years.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • Fairly open. Perhaps the next 2 to 3 years.

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Slightly open. Maybe 1 or 2 more years.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Not open. I am a Panthers or 49ers fan.

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":369yxjip said:
Wide open because of our youth, but I stand by my theory that we peaked during our SB season. We will never be able to put a team like that together again, unless JS has another 2012 draft all over again.

I disagree with that. We were one of the youngest teams to ever win a Super Bowl in NFL history in 2013, and now most of those young pro bowlers/all pro's are just now entering the peak of their careers. Nothing has changed my perception that JS/PC have lost their touch in the draft. Everything and everyone is pointing to the fact that this 2016 squad is deeper in depth than the 2013 Championship team.

The singular focus and "playing for your brother" is already evident in camp and that's a very, very, very good sign.

I think the 2016 Seahawks may end up being better than the 2013 Seahawks. I really do.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":1cydnmo0 said:
Hawk-Lock":1cydnmo0 said:
Wide open because of our youth, but I stand by my theory that we peaked during our SB season. We will never be able to put a team like that together again, unless JS has another 2012 draft all over again.

I disagree with that. We were one of the youngest teams to ever win a Super Bowl in NFL history in 2013, and now most of those young pro bowlers/all pro's are just now entering the peak of their careers. Nothing has changed my perception that JS/PC have lost their touch in the draft. Everything and everyone is pointing to the fact that this 2016 squad is deeper in depth than the 2013 Championship team.

The singular focus and "playing for your brother" is already evident in camp and that's a very, very, very good sign.

I think the 2016 Seahawks may end up being better than the 2013 Seahawks. I really do.

I agree depth and more experience by our top player will make us better, it may not show up in wins and margin of victory though. Teams did not know the juggernaut they were running into in 2013, they now have adapted and we have to play more then scheme which is where the better comes into play.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":uv354xv3 said:

We won't need another 2012 draft again unless we lose a lot of guys to career ending injuries and FA all at once.

We have one of the, if not THE best starting 22's in the league. We're also probably the deepest team in the league. It would actually be almost impossible for another 2012 draft because we wouldn't have 5 open starting spots that easily up for grabs unless they make some kind of other worldly run on OL in one draft.

We just need one Frank Clark, Tyler Lockett, etc. each year. Guys like Tye Smith, Simon, Jarran Reed, Quintion Jefferson, and the list goes on, will be there for depth or better and keep improving until they unseat guys, or someone unseats them.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Pete Carroll, John Schneider and Russell Wilson give us a window of at least 10 years.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":21g9hz6s said:
Pete Carroll, John Schneider and Russell Wilson give us a window of at least 10 years.
That is exactly what I was going to write.

dogorama

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":32rrd6a2 said:

Do you really believe that Pete Carroll is going to coach until he's 75 years old? Pete is very active for his age but no one can avoid the aging process. Once the long days start taking their toll he will see the writing on the wall, make the smart call, and retire while he has time to enjoy the many millions he has earned here.

kearly

Reaction score
dogorama":buziuzgg said:
Hawkfan77":buziuzgg said:

Do you really believe that Pete Carroll is going to coach until he's 75 years old?

College coaches last that long all the time, and Pete runs the Seahawks a lot like a college program.

I would never expect a normal NFL coach to last that long, but there has never really been an NFL coach like Pete Carroll ever before.

kearly

Reaction score
Aros":2d6wkcqh said:
Hawk-Lock":2d6wkcqh said:

I think Hawk-a-Lock is right in the sense that the 2012 and 2013 Seahawks were a more physically dominant team, and that if you took Russell Wilson off the 2013 team and took Russell Wilson off the 2016 team then the 2013 team would be the better of the two.

However, I think Russell, and more importantly the coaches, figured a few things out last year and as a result, our offense is going to be in for a potentially historic season this year in terms of efficiency. So in terms of W-L record and DVOA, I think the 2016 team is going to set new franchise highs. But come playoff time, I think I'd rather lean on the 2013 team more. They were tough as nails. This current team is lacking some toughness in spots. It's the only thing holding me back from picking the Seahawks to win it all, I'm just not sure if they have regained that 2013 toughness just yet.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
At the very least 3 years with our core all being locked up and in their prime. After that we will at the very least be a play off team due to Wilson and a strong foundation but it's a question mark whether we can still consider ourselves the best team in the league by then.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kearly":3bcpuael said:
But come playoff time, I think I'd rather lean on the 2013 team more. They were tough as nails. This current team is lacking some toughness in spots. It's the only thing holding me back from picking the Seahawks to win it all, I'm just not sure if they have regained that 2013 toughness just yet.

Well that's the hitch Kearly...I am hearing left and right from the players that there is some real rare air going on in camp...The hunger, the drive, the brotherhood...KEY factors that took place in 2013 is in fact showing up EARLY in camp this season. Add into the mix the depth we have, it's easy to think this could indeed be another magical season...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dogorama":29mfawe9 said:
Hawkfan77":29mfawe9 said:

Do you really believe that Pete Carroll is going to coach until he's 75 years old? Pete is very active for his age but no one can avoid the aging process. Once the long days start taking their toll he will see the writing on the wall, make the smart call, and retire while he has time to enjoy the many millions he has earned here.
Do you have a clue about guys that are coaches first? People second? Ray Meyer, Larry Brown etc. (the former still coaches)They have no idea how to relax and shop until you drop. Pete will be dead before he stops coaching I just hope when it happens it's not during a game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":1fe4s8pu said:
kearly":1fe4s8pu said:
But come playoff time, I think I'd rather lean on the 2013 team more. They were tough as nails. This current team is lacking some toughness in spots. It's the only thing holding me back from picking the Seahawks to win it all, I'm just not sure if they have regained that 2013 toughness just yet.

Well that's the hitch Kearly...I am hearing left and right from the players that there is some real rare air going on in camp...The hunger, the drive, the brotherhood...KEY factors that took place in 2013 is in fact showing up EARLY in camp this season. Add into the mix the depth we have, it's easy to think this could indeed be another magical season...

Magical, yes. Given a little playing time with the number ones, our backups will be essential for this team. Tis gonna be a fun time to be a seahawk fan.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Pete is signed through 2019, right? And Russ is, too. At least 4 years.

dogorama

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":25h71g7t said:
dogorama":25h71g7t said:
Hawkfan77":25h71g7t said:

Do you have a clue about guys that are coaches first? People second? Ray Meyer, Larry Brown etc. (the former still coaches)They have no idea how to relax and shop until you drop. Pete will be dead before he stops coaching I just hope when it happens it's not during a game.

Sorry Mizzou but I don't see it. I research organizational development and when it comes to organizational culture, Pete gets it. A big part of what PC and Co. teach their young athletes is to work hard but have fun and to take care of themselves. What that means is that truly successful people have balance in their life. I don't see Pete as being OCD at all.

There is a reason Pete only extended for three years. After the '19 season PC will hang up the clipboard and ride off into the sunset.

Happy Trails Pete!!!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I would say that the window is WIDE open for the foreseeable future for one obvious reason ... Russell Wilson is just 27 years old and getting better and better with each passing year. Even if Pete Carroll eventually retires and the LOB is long since gone, I see the Hawks still succeeding, as Wilson has the tools to carry this team with his arm. As long as Wilson is here, this team will be in the hunt for a Super Bowl each and every year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
kearly":3v68mibf said:
10 years if not more. I think this team is every bit the dynasty as the 80s-90s 49ers or the Belichick Patriots. Pete Carroll doesn't care that he's 65 years old, neither do I.

I can definitely see the Hawks competing for a Super Bowl for another couple of years, having a year or two step back as some of the key cogs diminish and/or retire, and then getting right back in it. I think Wilson is the key in a QB driven league and just like with Manning and Brady, he'll have them in the hunt basically every year.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
As long as RW is our QB and he plays at a high level it will be open.

This league is so dominated by ability at QB you either have it or you don't. There are very few teams with good QBs who aren't vying for a playoff spot (hello SD!).