Finish This Sentence...

The Seahawks Super Bowl Window Is...

• Wide open for at least 5 more years.

Votes: 65 49.2%
  • Pretty open. Maybe the next 3 to 5 years.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • Fairly open. Perhaps the next 2 to 3 years.

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Slightly open. Maybe 1 or 2 more years.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Not open. I am a Panthers or 49ers fan.

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Those that feel that as long as Russell Wilson can play we will win forget QB's like Luck, that can't win it big due to a GM and or Coach that doesn't have a system or the pieces to support him.

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":4m3822ii said:
Those that feel that as long as Russell Wilson can play we will win forget QB's like Luck, that can't win it big due to a GM and or Coach that doesn't have a system or the pieces to support him.
But, but, aren't the Colts Super Bowl favorites?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
chris98251":3hfl1siy said:
No. We just boil it down to its essence. It's a QB league; either you have one that can put you in contention for a Super Bowl, or you are the Colts.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":37tzd2sf said:

This I agree with. Wilson is the key factor to any Super Bowl window, but so is JS and PC, very much in the same vein as Rodgers and Brady.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":3lwrpiy3 said:

Luck isn't as good as Wilson.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
A bad/mediocre team with a good QB can always get hot and win a SB. Look at the NYG in 2011 (the 07 team had a good D) or the Ravens in 12. They were middling teams that got hot in the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":39xsq2vf said:
chris98251":39xsq2vf said:

Luck isn't as good as Wilson.

But But he was the number 1 pick............................................

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Feel like their best opportunity is in the next 2-3 years, though with a franchise QB you're never fully out of contention for a Super Bowl so that's great.

A

Anonymous

I say the Hawk's window(s) should all be closed and the air conditioning set to "on".

Wait... sorry. It's a like a 100 F in the shade here, so...

RussB

Reaction score
The best players on the team are still very young and in their prime. They are going to be contenders for a while.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Aros":3r9g96au said:
Hawk-Lock":3r9g96au said:
Wide open because of our youth, but I stand by my theory that we peaked during our SB season. We will never be able to put a team like that together again, unless JS has another 2012 draft all over again.

I disagree with that. We were one of the youngest teams to ever win a Super Bowl in NFL history in 2013, and now most of those young pro bowlers/all pro's are just now entering the peak of their careers. Nothing has changed my perception that JS/PC have lost their touch in the draft. Everything and everyone is pointing to the fact that this 2016 squad is deeper in depth than the 2013 Championship team.

The singular focus and "playing for your brother" is already evident in camp and that's a very, very, very good sign.

I think the 2016 Seahawks may end up being better than the 2013 Seahawks. I really do.

That 2013 team was unique in the sense that it had pro-bowl players earning rookie salaries. Therefore we could afford to stack multiple pro-bowlers. Now most of those guys make big money, which led to certain players leaving (Tate, OLine, etc.). I think the 2013 success can be replicated, but that kind of roster may never be topped. The key will be to hit on cheap players (draft picks, undrafted FA's, and FA's flying under the radar).

kf3339

Reaction score
I voted 3-5 years for a very good reason IMO. Too many of our main D starters are going to be gone in five years and we will have to retool. In addition I don't see PC staying past his new contract if we win another Superbowl or two.

So you have to assume a new HC will need to rebuild the D which means a different team makeup. You also don't know what that coach will want to bring to the team.We will still be competitive, but to stay a SB contender we will need more than that goal.

Hope I'm wrong.