Fire Baldwin!

nepahawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":y6ota18n said:
He probably figured the refs would find some way to flag him, so he just avoided it so we didn't lose the big play.

I just rewatched the game.
You can almost see Doug think about the block and chose not to light the guy up.
It might have been a good decision.
Even though he was facing the defender, he might have had the Golden Tate hit on Sean Lee, on his mind.
With these refs, better safe than sorry.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":152ktu20 said:
Sounds to me like you'd rather have Baldwin play better rather than a Seahawks win.
What? How'd you come to that?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
nepahawk":xqvvy7p6 said:
FlyingGreg":xqvvy7p6 said:
He probably figured the refs would find some way to flag him, so he just avoided it so we didn't lose the big play.

You can almost see Doug think about the block and chose not to light the guy up.
Even though he was facing the defender, he might have had the Golden Tate hit on Sean Lee, on his mind.
He didn't even have to light him up. All he had to do was get in his way and slow him down

Fudwamper

Reaction score
-The Glove-":4oyap5vc said:
nepahawk":4oyap5vc said:
FlyingGreg":4oyap5vc said:

He didn't even have to light him up. All he had to do was get in his way and slow him down

Peel back block defense running toward endzone and offense player running away from endzone, It was a good decision by doug, Yea he could of stepped in the way but who knows maybe he gets flagged for a peel back block.

kearly

Reaction score
Saw that too. It's amazing how little things can be huge at times. Thankfully Seattle dominated and it didn't come back to haunt the team.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Fudwamper":20n9tjwv said:
-The Glove-":20n9tjwv said:
nepahawk":20n9tjwv said:
FlyingGreg":20n9tjwv said:

Peel back block defense running toward endzone and offense player running away from endzone, It was a good decision by doug, Yea he could of stepped in the way but who knows maybe he gets flagged for a peel back block.
A peel back block involves an OL peeling back and blocking a player from the side and below the waist...the player that Baldwin would've blocked is moving towards his own endline so he was fair game

jlwaters1

Reaction score
-The Glove-":hd29fw71 said:
nepahawk":hd29fw71 said:
FlyingGreg":hd29fw71 said:

This, all he had to do was get in in way- moving 5 feet, that's not a lot to ask

getnasty

Reaction score
It would have been interesting to see what Kam or Earl would have do if they were in Doug's shoes there.