First Post on here

Hawker20

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been following this site since I was 21 years old, so 10 years now!! It's probably about time I got a SN.

I wanted to get your thoughts on a couple observations I have made this year, as last night exemplified my thoughts a bit stronger.

1. Tyler Lockett- He seems a bit discontent and or frustrated this year. I know it could be coming from scheme as it appears most teams are scheming to for the most part eliminate him from the game-plan. Dare I say requiring the Hawks to target the less consistent yet amazing DK Metcalf. The look on his face a couple times this year, and the fact he has had some drops on catches he's made in years past. It just seems that his connection with Russ this year is a bit off. I am wondering if there is some jealousy as it relates to DK.

2. Will Dissly- I was extremely excited to see this guy play this year. Last year he was on fire emerging as a top 3-5 TE. Battling for the ball making huge catches for us. This year he seems to be a non-factor and I'm hoping it's just him catching up from his injury from last year, and that next year will be different where we see him being the player he once was.

Go Hawks!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Stepping out of the shadows...Welcome!

For me personally I don't think Lockett is frustrated. He's a pretty chill dude that understands there will be games where he gets the ball more (Arizona) and games where DK gets the ball more (Eagles). I haven't seen any signs that he's upset with anything other than perhaps any drops he has which is rare for him. I think we are going to still see a lot of Lockett the rest of this season, and big plays from him as well.

Dissly I was wondering myself until I watched the segment of him mic'd up from a couple weeks back. Then it clicked. He is being used as a blocker on many plays because he is damn good at it, and based on his demeanor, he is really enjoying it. If you get a chance, go search for it on YT or .com. Sure, I assume he wouldn't mind getting the rock a bit more but that very well could be part of the plan as he continues to get healthy from that torn ACL.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Welcome :greetingsearthling:

We hate you and love at the same time.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Hey, welcome dude!

1) I haven't noticed TL being or acting frustrated. He's still on pace to have one of his best career years, so I don't know...

2) Yeah dissly is a really good blocker and he takes pride in doing that. I'm sure he would like to be in the play-calling more, as all of our TE's, I'm sure. This season the offence is really centered around our wide outs (partly because we didn't have much a run game with injuries), and the TE's haven't been utilized much in his offence.

OP
OP
H

Hawker20

Reaction score
I would love it if this offense got Gordon back, we could definitely use another 3rd and 4th down option.

sutz

Reaction score
1. I think Lockett is dealing with some nagging injuries. That might be why he has a "face."

2. The type of injury Diss is returning from (achilles tendon) is the kind of injury that lingers. Most players take more than 1 year to recover fully. He may not be 100% quite yet.

:greetingsearthling: Good on you for joining the discussion! :229031_cheers:

chris98251

Reaction score
TypeSly":3kmsa7rm said:
Hey, welcome dude!

1) I haven't noticed TL being or acting frustrated. He's still on pace to have one of his best career years, so I don't know...

2) Yeah dissly is a really good blocker and he takes pride in doing that. I'm sure he would like to be in the play-calling more, as all of our TE's, I'm sure. This season the offence is really centered around our wide outs (partly because we didn't have much a run game with injuries), and the TE's haven't been utilized much in his offence.

He's a lineman who happens to be able to catch passes, in fact I think he was a DE so has a athletic level better then most Tackles and interior guys, but he likes mixing it up.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
First, welcome! I'm damn glad we have Diss back. He is definitely enjoying himself out there. Not showy, but if he wasn't in the game, you'd notice.

godawg

Reaction score
Seahawkster20, when I watch all the attention being thrown DK's way I also find myself wondering if Tyler might be getting jealous, but Tyler Lockett is constituted differently from you and I. I think he is so focused on his team and his craft that he sees the attention DK has been getting from fans and DCs as an opportunity for himself. He doesn't need a lot of attention to get a lot of yards.

rcaido

Reaction score
Lockett is a team player just like Russ. If anything, it would probably be DK being the jealous one. Right now i dont see it at all with these two. Lockett is on pace to beat all his career records in receptions, tds, & yards this year.

Career best
2 more TDs(10)
12 more receptions(82)
286yrds (1057)

5 games left

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Welcome to the site :irishdrinkers:
Or at least posting on it :)

I think if it was someone other than Lockett, I would worry about him being frustrated. He's a total team guy, a damn good player and he will do whatever it takes to help the team win. DK is almost un-guardable really, so I'm sure he's very aware that Russ is gonna' go to him a lot.
But, he is def. fighting thru some injuries. He also is a great decoy and is VERY good on the scramble drill.
Love seeing Dis playing healthy, I think they are using him for blocking a lot more than most TE in the league.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Welcome new friend, don’t be shy in posting.

Everyone’s opinion is important here, we are all fans and appreciate differing viewpoints. Don’t take offence if others differ but stick to your guns if you believe you are right. I don’t agree about Lockett and think he’s hurt and will take a bit to recover and return to form. Dissly is only now starting to come back and the team needs his blocking ability with Olsen out for the balance of the regular season at least. We will lots of good things from both these guys before the season is done. As far as Metcalf is concerned “Wow!”. Got to love the play of this guy. RW should ride the guy producing best and the whole team is then better.

Again welcome to the best Seahawks fan board. Enjoy!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SeaHawkster20":37hzfp12 said:
Hello All,

I have been following this site since I was 21 years old, so 10 years now!! It's probably about time I got a SN.

I wanted to get your thoughts on a couple observations I have made this year, as last night exemplified my thoughts a bit stronger.

1. Tyler Lockett- He seems a bit discontent and or frustrated this year. I know it could be coming from scheme as it appears most teams are scheming to for the most part eliminate him from the game-plan. Dare I say requiring the Hawks to target the less consistent yet amazing DK Metcalf. The look on his face a couple times this year, and the fact he has had some drops on catches he's made in years past. It just seems that his connection with Russ this year is a bit off. I am wondering if there is some jealousy as it relates to DK.

2. Will Dissly- I was extremely excited to see this guy play this year. Last year he was on fire emerging as a top 3-5 TE. Battling for the ball making huge catches for us. This year he seems to be a non-factor and I'm hoping it's just him catching up from his injury from last year, and that next year will be different where we see him being the player he once was.

Go Hawks!!
Welcome!

You probably know if you’ve been reading these boards consistently some posters are more pro front office than other posters.

There are some occasional squabbles among posters here when there are frustrating games, but, you’ll get used to it and will probably add to it.

Your assessment and theory on Lockett is sound.

I believe Tyler does get jealous of DK’s stardom himself.

But the truth is, at least my opinion, Lockett shouldn’t be jealous of DK because Lockett himself can not sustain 16 games being the top target.

Lockett can be easily taken out the game plan by a bigger corner. DK can matchup with any corner.

I like Lockett but he gets injured every season. He needs DK to take attention off of him. Lockett is good but DK is more versatile and is a mismatch most of the time. Lockett needs DK and if Schottenheimer can design better plays, Lockett wouldn’t disappear in a lot of games.

It is what it is.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Didn't Jerry Rice often say how much importance and pride he placed on blocking tasks? The immense team-satisfaction of contributing to other teammates' yardage gained.