Florio calls for revised playoff seeding, invokes Hawks 7-9

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IronSaint":20z1ta7x said:
Sports Hernia":20z1ta7x said:
The call the officials missed was the OPI on Tate, but they never call that in Hail Mary situations.
Unless it's against the Saints...

Floppin' *** 49ers.

Fun fact, the referee for this game just so happened to be the same referee from the NFC Championship last year. What a coincidence, huh?
Ok, I stand corrected, it’s rarely called.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IronSaint":3budvquo said:
hawksfansinceday1":3budvquo said:
So does he have something against the Saints? The city of N.O.?

The back judge that called the OPI on Darrell Jackson in Super Bowl XL*, the first of many momentum crushing calls against the Hawks in that game was born and raised and at that point still lived in Pittsburgh, PA. (likely still dioes)
You know, I’m really not sure. Before the beginning of last season, we had a 5-2 record with him as a referee. He did the first Rams game last year and his crew called it relatively evenly but were very lax on holding calls (which as y’all are familiar, the Rams hold A LOT).

Our record is now 6-4 with him but 3 of those 4 loses are from some straight up bull**** calls: the no-call, that OPI call, and in 2016 against the Broncos they blocked an XP that would’ve gave us the lead and they returned it for a 2-pointer but the dude steps out of bounds and they don’t call it and then refuse to overturn it because the guy has white cleats on and you can’t “clearly see he’s out of bounds” despite our entire sideline seeing it. :34853_doh:

I’m just glad that after that bull**** in the NFC Championship that we’ll likely never have to see him again and he gets the Walt Coleman/Raiders treatment.
He definitely shouldn't be doing any more of them

GeekHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":39cj44tu said:
IronSaint":39cj44tu said:
hawksfansinceday1":39cj44tu said:
So does he have something against the Saints? The city of N.O.?

The back judge that called the OPI on Darrell Jackson in Super Bowl XL*, the first of many momentum crushing calls against the Hawks in that game was born and raised and at that point still lived in Pittsburgh, PA. (likely still dioes)
You know, I’m really not sure. Before the beginning of last season, we had a 5-2 record with him as a referee. He did the first Rams game last year and his crew called it relatively evenly but were very lax on holding calls (which as y’all are familiar, the Rams hold A LOT).

Our record is now 6-4 with him but 3 of those 4 loses are from some straight up bull**** calls: the no-call, that OPI call, and in 2016 against the Broncos they blocked an XP that would’ve gave us the lead and they returned it for a 2-pointer but the dude steps out of bounds and they don’t call it and then refuse to overturn it because the guy has white cleats on and you can’t “clearly see he’s out of bounds” despite our entire sideline seeing it. :34853_doh:

I’m just glad that after that bull**** in the NFC Championship that we’ll likely never have to see him again and he gets the Walt Coleman/Raiders treatment.

Waitaminute - none of this can be true. Every time we start talking about refs not being on the up-and-up the same sanctimonious few here start calling us a bunch of stupid homer hicks. You know who you are.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":luy0sx0z said:
Ok, I stand corrected, it’s rarely called.
Hahaha, it's all good, my dude. I'm only teasing, but yeah it's honestly the only instance of it being called in my memory as well.

hawksfansinceday1":luy0sx0z said:
Yeah, we're really hoping we never have to see him again after 3 bull**** endings to games he's officiated in New Orleans.

GeekHawk":luy0sx0z said:
Waitaminute - none of this can be true. Every time we start talking about refs not being on the up-and-up the same sanctimonious few here start calling us a bunch of stupid homer hicks. You know who you are.
Hahahaha, don't worry, y'all aren't alone. We have a few of those even on our board that can't help but go in the threads about officiating to post, "oMg, WhY dO yA'LL eVeN cArE AbOuT wHo ThE rEf iS?!"

Well, it's always nice to know the name of the person that's getting ready to **** you. :roll: