Foles

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I love Foles and this was a great move. This will save them money ultimately because he'd fetch 16 million easy next year, I think more like 18. He's a step above Dalton and a step below Flacco. He lead the team in a manner that hasn't been seen in Rams park since KW13. Very excited for the future of the Rams. Add this to STL task force clearing major legal hurdles to the new stadium and you have a winning atmosphere in STL. I just hope the fans don't act like a bunch of burns outs and stay at home because of Stan.

Excellent two weeks for STL. I recently bought my tix for week one. Gonna be a tone setter both ways, fellas. So excited!!!

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SuperMan28":3mlb1ijx said:
I love Foles and this was a great move. This will save them money ultimately because he'd fetch 16 million easy next year, I think more like 18. He's a step above Dalton and a step below Flacco. He lead the team in a manner that hasn't been seen in Rams park since KW13. Very excited for the future of the Rams. Add this to STL task force clearing major legal hurdles to the new stadium and you have a winning atmosphere in STL. I just hope the fans don't act like a bunch of burns outs and stay at home because of Stan.

Excellent two weeks for STL. I recently bought my tix for week one. Gonna be a tone setter both ways, fellas. So excited!!!

I really hope you are being sarcastic, Foles is hot garbage. I'm glad they signed him to an extension as they'll suck with him.

ringless

Reaction score
I feel really mixed about Foles. I see a ton of people that say he is a horrible QB, and a lot that respect the guy.

Maybe they got a great deal. It's truly yet to be known yet. Obviously they like what they see. In a way I feel like they have upgraded since the Foles will at least be playing in the NFL instead of being participating in a rehab. I think its a little unfair for any of us to think that the Rams have downgraded yet.

I would love to see some conversation on why Foles will or wont be good.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1y4yvvtx said:
SuperMan28":1y4yvvtx said:

I really hope you are being sarcastic, Foles is hot garbage. I'm glad they signed him to an extension as they'll suck with him.

I'm just glad we're both happy about this signing. He is better than Austin Davis, for sure. He may not even make the team.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Well, the Rams either wildly overspent on a backup who was propped up by Chip's system or got a bargain on a legit QB that Chip gave up on too early and for no apparent reason. We'll find out soon.

I don't think they had much of a choice but to do this in the event Foles ends up being decent.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
At least they have spent money on a guy who will get through 8 games a season rather than 2 (or fewer).

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ringless":3cgxjrj3 said:
I feel really mixed about Foles. I see a ton of people that say he is a horrible QB, and a lot that respect the guy.

Maybe they got a great deal. It's truly yet to be known yet. Obviously they like what they see. In a way I feel like they have upgraded since the Foles will at least be playing in the NFL instead of being participating in a rehab. I think its a little unfair for any of us to think that the Rams have downgraded yet.

I've watched some games he played in with Philly, and against great defenses he folds. If the games against SF and Arizona last year are any indication he's toast in the NFCW.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2gz0lxdj said:
ringless":2gz0lxdj said:

I've watched some games he played in with Philly, and against great defenses he folds. If the games against SF and Arizona last year are any indication he's toast in the NFCW.

I understand the points you've made here. Before Game Rewind was discontinued, I watched Foles vs SF. The Eagles won but it wasn't Foles's performance that really won that game. Eagles had many contributions from other areas and Foles had a rough day. With that said, it's not going to be all up to Foles unlike many passing offenses in the NFL. Beating the Rams's offense this year is going to have to start with the running game.

Four out of five OL'man on the Rams's OL are well documented as maulers. They will be blocking for a very solid stable of RB's once Gurley is cleared to play. These guys want to pound defenses into the dirt with brute strength. Seems Foles is at his best under center running play action and working witchin the pocket. That's exactly what the Rams plan to do, he's a great scheme fit. Standing tall at 6'5" is a nice asset to have when working within the pocket, as well. However, there is no question the Rams want to establish Gurley/Mason/Cunningham before Foles attempts to pull the trigger. It's an old school approach in more ways than one. I expect to see many, many, stacked boxes/blitzes until Foles and Co. find a rhythm in the passing game. It's shaping to being a very versatile offense if the very young OL can pull their weight. Growing pains are all but certain.

It's a very nice bonus that the potentially best defense Foles will face all year, especially the DL, may very well be the one he is practicing against. That can only help to him and this young offense. By all reports, Greg Williams is throwing everything at STL young offense in practice and it's showing. The defense is very far ahead of the offense. Hopefully that kind of experience against an elite group will make things easier on Game Day.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2v3qpq77 said:
OkieHawk":2v3qpq77 said:

I understand the points you've made here. Before Game Rewind was discontinued, I watched Foles vs SF. The Eagles won but it wasn't Foles's performance that really won that game.

Philly lost that game I was referring to. Not really sure what game you saw...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554315

nanomoz

Reaction score
Foles is capable of directing a more vertical offense than the Rams have had in years. (But that is where my compliments of him peak.)

I haven't watched him enough to say more with much confidence.

Rex

Reaction score
In Fisher and Foles I trust! :0190l:

Rex

Reaction score
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... ME.twitter

Rams sign Foles to contract extension
By Jim Thomas

Without throwing a pass for the Rams in the regular season, or even the preseason, the Rams have seen enough in Nick Foles. They signed their new starting quarterback to a two-year contract extension Friday, shortly before the start of the team’s practice/scrimmage at Lindenwood University.

Confirmed contract details weren’t immediately available, but Foles will be under contract through the 2017 season with the Rams. Initial reports via ESPN said it was a two-year extension for $24.5 million. Other reports indicated that $14 million was guaranteed.

“It’s his baby now,” said coach Jeff Fisher, who announced the deal after Friday’s practice. “This is his team. So we’ve got to go win games.”

The Rams have more than a dozen players, either starters or key role players, with contracts that expire at the end of this season. Foles, who was acquired in the Sam Bradford trade in March, was at the top of the list.

“I think from the moment we made the trade, we always knew we wanted to try to find a way to get Nick some security,” Rams executive vice president Kevin Demoff said. “And for us to be able to plan for the long-term future with Nick at quarterback. We looked at a lot of different ideas and concepts, and spent a few months with his representatives trying to come up with something that made sense for both sides.”

Foles, 26, earned a Pro Bowl berth with Philadelphia in 2013 _ a season in which he threw 27 touchdown passes and only two interceptions. But he struggled in 2014, and missed half the season with a broken collarbone.

“I’m blessed,” Foles said after practice. “I’m just really thankful to Mr. (Stan) Kroenke, Coach Fisher, Les (Snead), and Kevin. I’m just thankful to be here _ be with these guys. . . .It really is a honor to be here and be wanted here.” :0190l:

kearly

Reaction score
Dalton is making $16 million per, these days if you are an established starting QB and have a pulse you are making at least $16 million.

This contract only pays Foles $12.5 million AYP, and it's only for two years. Even if Foles is a total disaster, the Rams would only be on the hook for $14 million guaranteed.

It's a good move by both sides.

Tical21

Reaction score
I like him and wanted him when he was drafted. Quick release, strong, accurate passer. Been in a spread for 7 years though, and it will be interesting to see what happens here. My guess is that Gurley is good enough to take a lot of pressure off and he plays just fine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tical21":1qunz5k5 said:
I like him and wanted him when he was drafted. Quick release, strong, accurate passer. Been in a spread for 7 years though, and it will be interesting to see what happens here. My guess is that Gurley is good enough to take a lot of pressure off and he plays just fine.

Fisher ran Eddie George into the Ground, Gurley may have something but they need to allow him to get his playing legs back before they dump on him as the everydown back, if not he won't last the season.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
chris98251":11w2bkkk said:
Tical21":11w2bkkk said:

Fisher ran Eddie George into the Ground, Gurley may have something but they need to allow him to get his playing legs back before they dump on him as the everydown back, if not he won't last the season.

I agree they really gotta dial back Gurley's carries when that time comes. Fortunately Mason and Benny proved to be a solid 1-2 combo last year. Rams do have that flexibility. 12-17 carries is plenty for a while. IDK what STL has in Pead, but he looks like a second round bust at this point. We shall see.

Latest posts