Foles

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2o6rf8f9 said:
Well, the Rams either wildly overspent on a backup who was propped up by Chip's system or got a bargain on a legit QB that Chip gave up on too early and for no apparent reason. We'll find out soon.

I don't think they had much of a choice but to do this in the event Foles ends up being decent.

Pretty much this. We don't know how he'll be, but if he ends up being league average, that team will win a few more games, and they got a bargain at 12 mil/year.

If he does end up being "hot garbage" they can get out of the deal without bad cap ramifications, so really this is a good contract for the Rams.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":3etnjhwx said:
rideaducati":3etnjhwx said:
In Foles 28 games, he has beaten a team that finished the season with more than 8 wins exactly twice. The Cards and the Colts. All other wins have come against teams that finished with 8 wins or less. I guess the good thing for ram fans is that he does beat the teams he should. Maybe no more losses to bottom dwelling teams, but they probably aren't going to beat the better teams either.

Rams did beat better teams with backup QBs so your logic is faulty. :177692:

They didn't beat Foles.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hwwfaps said:
Rex":2hwwfaps said:
rideaducati":2hwwfaps said:
In Foles 28 games, he has beaten a team that finished the season with more than 8 wins exactly twice. The Cards and the Colts. All other wins have come against teams that finished with 8 wins or less. I guess the good thing for ram fans is that he does beat the teams he should. Maybe no more losses to bottom dwelling teams, but they probably aren't going to beat the better teams either.

They didn't beat Foles.

I never said they did. The Rams did beat the Seahawks with Wilson and the Broncos with Manning and did so with backup QBs, therefore the "probably aren't going to beat the better teams" I have to disagree.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rex":2d0zz6hc said:
RedAlice":2d0zz6hc said:
Rex":2d0zz6hc said:
rideaducati":2d0zz6hc said:

They didn't beat Foles.

I never said they did. The Rams did beat the Seahawks with Wilson and the Broncos with Manning and did so with backup QBs, therefore the "probably aren't going to beat the better teams" I have to disagree.

You gimmicked a win, cool, you beat Denver, cool. but what about the other 14 games on the schedule?

Hang you hat on those two pegs, I have a feeling that cow is going to get milked dry.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny that Rams didn't beat their new QB. They had a back-up that day too. AD took it to within like 2 minutes. But, threw the wrong ball.

notice lack of emoties.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2ux0bb35 said:
Cyrus12":2ux0bb35 said:
they now have a back up qb locked up....now they just have to find their starter!

/THREADWINNNAH

Rams have not had a QB in so long, that there can be no conversation. I think this is what the homers miss - we have had NO QB.

Foles is NOT our savior. He is a QB we will see about. We will love him and hope, until we know what he can do because we are good fans. But, we still have to actually see what happens. We are not stupid.

I'm watching, hoping, wanting.....I will judge the play is it happens.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RedAlice":2wpvjajm said:
Seahawkfan80":2wpvjajm said:
Cyrus12":2wpvjajm said:
they now have a back up qb locked up....now they just have to find their starter!

/THREADWINNNAH

Rams have not had a QB in so long, that there can be no conversation. I think this is what the homers miss - we have had NO QB.

Foles is NOT our savior. He is a QB we will see about. We will love him and hope, until we know what he can do because we are good fans. But, we still have to actually see what happens. We are not stupid.

Honestly, Nick Foles in St. Louis isn't dissimilar to Seattle with Matt Hasselbeck in 2001 or Matt Flynn in 2012. He's not the most talented, but the hope is he's smart enough that he can develop into the long-term answer. It worked out for Hasselbeck.... not so much for Flynn. I can't say I find Foles overly impressive, but he could have some Hasselbeck in him.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":2bisa11s said:
Seahawkfan80":2bisa11s said:
Cyrus12":2bisa11s said:

/THREADWINNNAH

I understand lady. What you are waiting for is the next level. And it will happen. I hope thru the draft. You never know what is on the horizon. You never know what is on that next horizon....cant find an emoticon to fit. Be happy.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":3187ftwo said:
I thought it was pretty funny that Rams didn't beat their new QB. They had a back-up that day too. AD took it to within like 2 minutes. But, threw the wrong ball.

notice lack of emoties.

Eagles ST and defense accounted for 14 points and Foles threw for 2 TDs and Eagles were up 34-7. Rams stats particularly on offense look considerably better than the Eagles but are misleading as it was garbage time. We've seen this before. The game wasn't really that close. I do believe the Rams would have had a much better chance to win if our defense was the one we had the last half of the season as Foles was not sacked. AD was sacked 4 times. If Foles was our QB in that game I don't know if it would have made a difference when 14 points were spotted to their offense. It was a maddening loss because of the garbage time comeback.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":vzmebo9k said:
RedAlice":vzmebo9k said:

notice lack of emoties.

Eagles ST and defense accounted for 14 points and Foles threw for 2 TDs and Eagles were up 34-7. Rams stats particularly on offense look considerably better than the Eagles but are misleading as it was garbage time. We've seen this before. The game wasn't really that close. I do believe the Rams would have had a much better chance to win if our defense was the one we had the last half of the season as Foles was not sacked. AD was sacked 4 times. If Foles was our QB in that game I don't know if it would have made a difference when 14 points were spotted to their offense. It was a maddening loss because of the garbage time comeback.

There is only one reason it was a "maddening" loss:

The hundreds of Eagles fans slamming the seats all around me and yet, letting my single seat not be touched. I, as in "ME" was personally protected by Eagles fans during the last mintues of the game. I will never ever ever forget that or their love for an opposing fan.

Every seat not mine was being banged on hard, it was a massive loud sound. I was the only one rooting for Rams. Imagine every one standing up and all hands banging hard on the seat in front of them. AD had no chance. The stadium was on fire yelling.

For a bit, I thought he could do it. I thought...and then, it became the reality of the banging seats yet another time. Yet, another Rams loss.

I am forever an Eagles fan for how sweet they treated me as a Rams fan that day.

Rex

Reaction score
Glad you made it out OK. Reminds me of the batteries thrown at Drew in the Phillies game. Must be a Philly thing. Definitely not in St. Louis although Cardinals and Cubs might get interesting again.

The rabid Eagles fans schtick reminds me of that movie "Silver Linings Playbook".

RedAlice

Reaction score
Anyway, that's the first time I saw Foles live.

Look forward to seeing him scrimmage w the Boys on Monday and Tuesday.

I will form my own opinion not dictated by anyone.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":9y4gyd1e said:
Glad you made it out OK. Reminds me of the batteries thrown at Drew in the Phillies game. Must be a Philly thing. Definitely not in St. Louis although Cardinals and Cubs might get interesting again.

What about my story reminds you of batteries thrown at someone?

Did you read what I wrote? They were lovely and nice to me. Their fans protected me and my seat in the heat of the endgame. I was protected by Eagles fans.

Must be a Philly thing? You mean how they love and protect visiting fans? they were amazing and lovely to me. Hence why I'm stuck rooting for B again this year.

Philly is pretty nice to SoCal girls.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":2uo8xx4m said:
Rex":2uo8xx4m said:

Did you read what I wrote? They were lovely and nice to me. Their fans protected me and my seat in the heat of the endgame. I was protected by Eagles fans.

Of course I read what you wrote. Did you? You said your were "personally protected". Therefore you must have been scared? Protected from what?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":3vw7mjrj said:
RedAlice":3vw7mjrj said:
Rex":3vw7mjrj said:

Of course I read what you wrote. Did you? You said your were "personally protected". Therefore you must have been scared? Protected from what?

I was personally protected by the Eagles fans around me. They were Awesome. When the last minutes started everyone stood up and started banging on the chair in front of them. My seat was front row behind Rams.

The Eagles fans around me said, hey, she's a Rams fan: don't touch her seat

These were some pretty big dudes.

so, during the whole bang on the seat ordeal as Davis tried his heart out and we lost - NO ONE touched MY seat.

Got it now?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Anyway, Eagles fans be the coolest.

They loved me up. That was my second game with them - I was at their blizzard bowl the year before. LOVED IT!!!!!

I wish Rams fans in the midwest place of St. Louis were as cool as Philly fans. I would looove going to Rams games if they were.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":1h1kq0hx said:

They loved me up. That was my second game with them - I was at their blizzard bowl the year before. LOVED IT!!!!!

I wish Rams fans in the midwest place of St. Louis were as cool as Philly fans. I would looove going to Rams games if they were.

You are not going to goad me into any unpleasantness. St. Louis fans of both the Cardinals and Rams are well known for their hospitality. Philly has a well earned reputation for being anything but the "City of Brotherly Love" especially at sporting events. I'm glad you have not been on the receiving end of such unfortunate behavior while attending Eagles games. :th2thumbs:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":3kdpqk4i said:
RedAlice":3kdpqk4i said:

You are not going to goad me into any unpleasantness. St. Louis fans of both the Cardinals and Rams are well known for their hospitality. Philly has a well earned reputation for being anything but the "City of Brotherly Love" especially at sporting events. I'm glad you have not been on the receiving end of such unfortunate behavior while attending Eagles games. :th2thumbs:

Not goading. Sharing. I have been to many more Rams games in St. Louis than I have Philly games. I am at: two Philly games now. Scheduled the third for this year.

As I said, based on my vast experience of visitng my beloved team in their chosen home town: I hope some day they are as cool a place to visit and have fans as fun and loving as Philly does.

I wish visiting my Rams was like visiting the Eagles.

eta: UM, NO. Every single time I am in STL, I ask everyone I meet about the Rams. No one even likes them. I get yelled at every time. A really hot little skinny blonde bar tender gave me and my guy an earful on why STL hates the Rams last time he took me there for a Rams game. HIm: why do you like this team again?

me: I love them.

him: Even this town doesn't like them.

sorry: facts.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
RedAlice":32q6s9cl said:

Glad you had a great experience. Can't help but wonder if you being female played into that? I can't imagine them protecting me. I'm glad they showed class in that manner. I've heard stories of the opposite, you know. :)

Latest posts