Football Fields

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2y2ipdv6 said:
I'm actually kind of surprised that LEED Gold certification is possible with a real grass field. That's a lot of damn water needed compared to say, Field Turf. :)

The water seeps through the grass, soil, sand, and gravel an hits a waterproof canvas. The water then drains to the side and is recycled.

Prob is there was too much sand and too little soil, so grass never took root.

They'll be ripping up the field used today, donating it to a local high school, fix the soil/sand issue and resod the entire field again. This time hopefully it takes root. It'll have about 3 weeks before another football game is played on it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1z1kzxiw said:
RolandDeschain":1z1kzxiw said:
I'm actually kind of surprised that LEED Gold certification is possible with a real grass field. That's a lot of damn water needed compared to say, Field Turf. :)

The water seeps through the grass, soil, sand, and gravel an hit a waterproof canvas. The water then drains to the side and is recycled.

Prob is there was too much sand and too little soil, so grass never took root.

They'll be ripping up the field used today, donate it to a local high school, fix the soil/sand issue and reaps the entire field again. This time hopefully it takes root. It'll have about 3 weeks before another football game is played on it.

While they're at it, they should fix the seats. Nobody seems to be sitting in them during the games. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
That field isn't worth donating to the Salvation Army.

Field Turf. No watering, no rooting problem, no excuses.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":tcqv778r said:
The water seeps through the grass, soil, sand, and gravel an hits a waterproof canvas. The water then drains to the side and is recycled.
I know, but I'm guessing between evaporation and the grass actually using a lot of that water, most of what is put on the field is not recycled, even if they do recycle like 99% of what drains through.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ctvsnry said:
Marvin49":2ctvsnry said:
I know, but I'm guessing between evaporation and the grass actually using a lot of that water, most of what is put on the field is not recycled, even if they do recycle like 99% of what drains through.

Regardless, it would be more than field turf. So yeah, you're right.

Just sayin they were able to get that certification because of the recycled water, the fact that the strain of grass requires less water, all the solar power and several other features.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":h6y5pvao said:
Seahawks1983":h6y5pvao said:
I am not a moron. I know the difference between astroturf and field turf. But thanks for that condescending BS comment anyways.

:th2thumbs:
Yes, but have you played on a modern Field Turf surface made within the past like, five years? Keep in mind that what I'm referring to here is NOT simply the same Field Turf as a decade+ ago but not as worn, the company that makes Field Turf has done a LOT to improve it in recent years.

Yes, I have.

253hawk

Reaction score
I've played several tournaments on CLlink's turf and it wasn't any different than what's over at Memorial Stadium where we've played all of our regular games for years.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":155mf4as said:

LEED is a scam.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2s579iiy said:
Seahawks1983":2s579iiy said:
Yes, I have.
Interesting. Where?

Hiawatha in West Seattle has some of the latest field turf available on it. I played several games on it when it was brand new.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1k1aluea said:
RolandDeschain":1k1aluea said:
Seahawks1983":1k1aluea said:
Yes, I have.
Interesting. Where?

Hiawatha in West Seattle has some of the latest field turf available on it. I played several games on it when it was brand new.

That was five years ago, and just because it was field turf does not mean it was top notch turf. You will have to do better than that.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":ctswnlij said:
Seahawks1983":ctswnlij said:
RolandDeschain":ctswnlij said:
Seahawks1983":ctswnlij said:
Yes, I have.
Interesting. Where?

That was five years ago, and just because it was field turf does not mean it was top notch turf. You will have to do better than that.

I have to do better? Why, exactly? Why don't you explain to me the incredible advances in plastic, rubber filled fields that I am apparently so ignorant of.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Largent80":2vtv1ikf said:

49ers are so bad even the grass won't root for them. :)
That's funny right there. :{)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pmedic920":zoqr21ox said:
Largent80":zoqr21ox said:

49ers are so bad even the grass won't root for them. :)
That's funny right there. :{)
Good one. :snack: