For all of you RW weight watchers...

Largent80

Reaction score
Semen":1t3i50am said:
Largent80":1t3i50am said:
Semen":1t3i50am said:
Hopefully watching Dak take over his spot in the Pro Bowl and highlight reel will help propel him to a better season.

Oh man, that REALLY matters doesn't it.?... :roll:

You better believe it matters to Russell! :roll: :roll:

Like , really You are personal friends with RW?....That's a a laugh, he could care less about prescott.

Also, if he had Dallas' line we would probably won the SB in spite of all the injuries.

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":vqsulchz said:
Seymour":vqsulchz said:
Anthony!":vqsulchz said:
Seymour":vqsulchz said:
Hopefully watching Dak take over his spot in the Pro Bowl and highlight reel will help propel him to a better season.

LOL always someone who has to try to put a negative spin on something positive. LOL I am pretty sure being healthy is all it will take, but thanks for well nothing

A negative spin? Russell loves the spotlight, and motivation to getting back under it (where I believe he belongs) is a positive motive to improve. That helps the team, and that helps him. Why is that negative, because you don't like reading Dak played better last year? You'll need to get over it, it will likely happen again.

LOL Yeah I have a problem reading about a QB who played better while healthy all year, with one of the best olines in the league, one of the best Wr in the league, a HOF TE, and one of the best RBs in the league. LOL Thanks for proving my point and making me laugh.

I proved nothing, you attempted to. Did I say Dak was better than Russell? Damn, please point me to it since your reaction seems to show you believe that. Your excuses and denial are pretty sad. How bout comparing defenses also, not favorable enough?

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":29ctrzpx said:
Semen":29ctrzpx said:
Largent80":29ctrzpx said:
Semen":29ctrzpx said:

Like , really You are personal friends with RW?....That's a a laugh, he could care less about prescott.

Also, if he had Dallas' line we would probably won the SB in spite of all the injuries.

It's not about Dak, it's about recognition as being the best and playing with the best. Listen to his Pro bowl interviews, he loves it and said so, and played like it was championship weekend.

If Dallas had our D they would have won the Superbowl. Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it? Proves nothing except they don't.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":2s7cfy7t said:
Anthony!":2s7cfy7t said:
Seymour":2s7cfy7t said:
Anthony!":2s7cfy7t said:
[

LOL always someone who has to try to put a negative spin on something positive. LOL I am pretty sure being healthy is all it will take, but thanks for well nothing

A negative spin? Russell loves the spotlight, and motivation to getting back under it (where I believe he belongs) is a positive motive to improve. That helps the team, and that helps him. Why is that negative, because you don't like reading Dak played better last year? You'll need to get over it, it will likely happen again.

LOL Yeah I have a problem reading about a QB who played better while healthy all year, with one of the best olines in the league, one of the best Wr in the league, a HOF TE, and one of the best RBs in the league. LOL Thanks for proving my point and making me laugh.

I proved nothing, you attempted to. Did I say Dak was better than Russell? Damn, please point me to it since your reaction seems to show you believe that. Your excuses and denial are pretty sad. How bout comparing defenses also, not favorable enough?

Actually, I did the fact that you said that with adding some vital info proves my point exactly thank you. As to the defenses I forgot they block for your QB, they run the ball in the offense I am so sorry I forget they play offense too. The fact you have to and willingly and quickly try to bring up the defense and I was comparing offensive personnel since these are Qbs make my point thank you

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":1ctah7ry said:
Largent80":1ctah7ry said:
Semen":1ctah7ry said:
Largent80":1ctah7ry said:

It's not about Dak, it's about recognition as being the best and playing with the best. Listen to his Pro bowl interviews, he loves it and said so, and played like it was championship weekend.

If Dallas had our D they would have won the Superbowl. Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it? Proves nothing except they don't.

You brought up Dak so you made it about him. The rest is conjecture on your part nothing more, and of course negative conjecture

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson out of shape and injured last year due to injuries. Dak breaks out his rookie year unexpectedly, he's on one of the darlings of the NFL and media in the Cowboys, he had a great year. Kid earned it, Russell wasn't on his level last year because of said injuries and team performance.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IndyHawk":18p8krut said:
He did come into last season overweight and you cannot spin it.He may not have been fat but was slower which probaly got him hurt.I hope he is getting into shape and back to his regular playing weight.

True. He showed up heavy. Period. And yes, it might have contributed to his injuries, though not as much as the crappy O-Line he was dealt.

He knows he showed up too big. I am confident that won't be the case this coming Training Camp.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":1aybxpym said:
Wilson out of shape and injured last year due to injuries. Dak breaks out his rookie year unexpectedly, he's on one of the darlings of the NFL and media in the Cowboys, he had a great year. Kid earned it, Russell wasn't on his level last year because of said injuries and team performance.

Also true. RW had a mediocre year at best, which for him, is a bad year. Injuries certainly played a part, but he was off his game even before those injuries. He looked so-so during Training Camp and there were more than a few there who remarked how he looked a lot slower.

I see 2018 being a bounce-back for him should he stay healthy. The guy has mega-pride. Give him a decent O-Line and good things should happen for the team.

RiverDog

Reaction score
This whole thing about Russell "grinding his butt off" seems pretty silly to me. As far as I'm concerned, it's an expectation of all professional athletes to be working their butts off honing their craft during the majority of the offseason. It's not news when you report on someone that's doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I was raised during a time when professional football players had to take second jobs in the offseason just to make ends meet, and my dad was raised during a time when HOF athletes not only didn't have the opportunity to work out in the offseason, but had their careers cut short by multiple years do to mandatory military service. So excuse me if I'm less than impressed with Russell Wilson, and all the other overpaid, spoiled, and pampered contemporary professional athletes when I read about them "grinding their butts off." BFD.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sgt. Largent":x7nsbxwl said:
CHawkTailGator":x7nsbxwl said:
Meanwhile Roethlisberger comes in fat and overweight annually...and we're concerned about Russel's weight being a factor? Moving on...quickly now

Come on back quickly now cause Roethlisberger doesn't need his speed and quickness to run and be an effective QB.

In fact, of all 32 QB's in the league, Russell is probably #1 when it comes to needing his speed and quickness to be successful.

So weight matters for Russell, a lot.

And of all 32 QB's in the league, Roethlesburger is probably #32 when it comes to needing his speed and quickness to be successful. He uses his weight to avoid being sacked. Russ can't do that, want to or not.

Russ has proven he works his butt off all the time. He worked out last offseason and bulked up too much. It wasn't that he was too fat; it was that he was too heavy because he put on too much muscle, and there's a real difference--take it from a guy who's done both speed and bulk before.

I'd guess this year he's concentrating on staying slim and fast when he gets into shape, not just putting on muscle.

penihawk

Reaction score
This is an entertaining yet pointless discussion. Let me take a stab at a Q & A session on whats been thrown out so far.

Q: Was RW slower last year due to packing on more weight/muscle mass? A: Without a doubt

Q: Does our O-line suck and have to improve? A: Yes but they have sucked since RW has been here and that is easier said than done in the salary cap era and college football prospects not being NFL readied anymore due to the spread.

Q: Was it the O-lines fault that Wilson got hurt? Maybe but I would argue his lack of speed led to him being caught from behind in an awkward position. A: Was Romo getting awkwardly hit and hurt scrambling the fault of Dallas' all world line? Remember how great said Dallas line looked 2 years ago with a hurt qb and decimated backfield?

Q: What does Roethlisberger have in common with RW? A: Nothing! He is 6' 5" 240 and defenders drip off the guy. He also can see over the line at all times standing in a crowded pocket. For those that are still in denial that RW's height is an issue when there are not clean throwing lanes, I got nothing for ya. It's an issue and always will be.

Q: Is Dak better than RW? A: Well, he was last year but..... Lets see what hapens this year and beyond to make that determination. The league has a year of tape to work off now and I remember RGIII and Cam's fall in a seasons time. He does have the luxury of above avg players throughout the offense to help him succeed tho.

Q: Do we need to worry about RW'S commitment to working hard and being great? A: He has become a bit more GQ & an attention whore the last few years since the Ciara upgrade. However I still think he knows what he needs to do to be better this year and football is his first love.

Q: Will our offense be better this year? A: YES but only if all the parts stay healthy. Everybody forgets the biggest missing piece of the run-game last year was RW. As great as Lynch was, it was defenses having to have a defender account for RW that made our running so effective.

RW will be ready and in shape this year. He does however have to play better than the previous year or two. Good play,health and a bit of luck along the way are what makes champions. Only time will tell. :D

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3w59kak4 said:
This whole thing about Russell "grinding his butt off" seems pretty silly to me. As far as I'm concerned, it's an expectation of all professional athletes to be working their butts off honing their craft during the majority of the offseason. It's not news when you report on someone that's doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I was raised during a time when professional football players had to take second jobs in the offseason just to make ends meet, and my dad was raised during a time when HOF athletes not only didn't have the opportunity to work out in the offseason, but had their careers cut short by multiple years do to mandatory military service. So excuse me if I'm less than impressed with Russell Wilson, and all the other overpaid, spoiled, and pampered contemporary professional athletes when I read about them "grinding their butts off." BFD.

Old

Foghawk

Reaction score
penihawk":34b2fljv said:
This is an entertaining yet pointless discussion. Let me take a stab at a Q & A session on whats been thrown out so far.

Q: Was RW slower last year due to packing on more weight/muscle mass? A: Without a doubt

Q: Does our O-line suck and have to improve? A: Yes but they have sucked since RW has been here and that is easier said than done in the salary cap era and college football prospects not being NFL readied anymore due to the spread.

Q: Was it the O-lines fault that Wilson got hurt? Maybe but I would argue his lack of speed led to him being caught from behind in an awkward position. A: Was Romo getting awkwardly hit and hurt scrambling the fault of Dallas' all world line? Remember how great said Dallas line looked 2 years ago with a hurt qb and decimated backfield?

Q: What does Roethlisberger have in common with RW? A: Nothing! He is 6' 5" 240 and defenders drip off the guy. He also can see over the line at all times standing in a crowded pocket. For those that are still in denial that RW's height is an issue when there are not clean throwing lanes, I got nothing for ya. It's an issue and always will be.

Q: Is Dak better than RW? A: Well, he was last year but..... Lets see what hapens this year and beyond to make that determination. The league has a year of tape to work off now and I remember RGIII and Cam's fall in a seasons time. He does have the luxury of above avg players throughout the offense to help him succeed tho.

Q: Do we need to worry about RW'S commitment to working hard and being great? A: He has become a bit more GQ & an attention whore the last few years since the Ciara upgrade. However I still think he knows what he needs to do to be better this year and football is his first love.

Q: Will our offense be better this year? A: YES but only if all the parts stay healthy. Everybody forgets the biggest missing piece of the run-game last year was RW. As great as Lynch was, it was defenses having to have a defender account for RW that made our running so effective.

RW will be ready and in shape this year. He does however have to play better than the previous year or two. Good play,health and a bit of luck along the way are what makes champions. Only time will tell. :D

Excellent post.

:irishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
penihawk":n6x2cl1c said:
Q: Was it the O-lines fault that Wilson got hurt? Maybe but I would argue his lack of speed led to him being caught from behind in an awkward position.

Yep.

And this is your weekly reminder that Wilson's knee injury came on the sidelines after a rollout from a tackle by a spying linebacker.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2fqpz7wg said:
penihawk":2fqpz7wg said:
Q: Was it the O-lines fault that Wilson got hurt? Maybe but I would argue his lack of speed led to him being caught from behind in an awkward position.

Yep.

And this is your weekly reminder that Wilson's knee injury came on the sidelines after a rollout from a tackle by a spying linebacker.

.....That also happened after already having a high ankle sprain.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anthony!":2piji85g said:
Sgt. Largent":2piji85g said:
CHawkTailGator":2piji85g said:
Meanwhile Roethlisberger comes in fat and overweight annually...and we're concerned about Russel's weight being a factor? Moving on...quickly now

Come on back quickly now cause Roethlisberger doesn't need his speed and quickness to run and be an effective QB.

In fact, of all 32 QB's in the league, Russell is probably #1 when it comes to needing his speed and quickness to be successful.

Yeah but most of that is because he has the worse oline in the league, Given him a good oline and he would not need to run, So it is not that he needs his speed, but this team does because they refuse to get him an oline, at least so far

When's are we giving him a good O-line again?

My point exactly, anyone who thinks Russell's weight is a non factor hasn't watched him play. His entire career, including high school and college has been predicated on his allusiveness and ability to break contain. That's what makes him dangerous to defend.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":33931nv5 said:

LOL why do you even watch sports? Also ahh so you know all these athletes personally to know they are overpaid, spoiled and pampered I guess. LOL

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3160sp1a said:
Anthony!":3160sp1a said:
Sgt. Largent":3160sp1a said:
CHawkTailGator":3160sp1a said:

Yeah but most of that is because he has the worse oline in the league, Given him a good oline and he would not need to run, So it is not that he needs his speed, but this team does because they refuse to get him an oline, at least so far

When's are we giving him a good O-line again?

My point exactly, anyone who thinks Russell's weight is a non factor hasn't watched him play. His entire career, including high school and college has been predicated on his allusiveness and ability to break contain. That's what makes him dangerous to defend.

The point was and is if we have a good oline then he doe snot need his speed as much. He may have used it in the past and especially here, but a good oline makes that need significantly less.

Latest posts