For all of you RW weight watchers...

IrishNW

Reaction score
titan3131":r64b15jn said:
To start we are going to red pill the masses on what body fat %’s look like. For men the below is the most accurate representation of what bodies tend to look like at specific percentages.

percentage pics men women body fat percentage men

It will vary a bit from genetics but typically someone will not have Defined abdominal muscles till around 12%. Most of the public (males) are 16% +, honestly 20% is average nowadays (too much obesity RIP human race). So first we are going to knock off this 4-6% body fat myth. ITS BULLSH*T talk from media types who are raving about a players conditioning, whatever year it was they were saying Danielle hunter was 6% at the combine doing all of the tests. Absolute bull, the only realistic way to get that low in Body fat is extensive prep and and or drugs that a professional bodybuilder would use (Diuretics) there is no way that someone doing that style of prep would be able to perform explosively. Granted Hunter looked great but he was more around 8-9% body fat. No one on earth in a 1st world country without some kind of disorder or health issue is 4% body fat. It is incredibly dangerous and harsh on your body and IMPOSSIBLE TO MAINTAIN.

So now with that out of the way we should look at Russell At the combine. He weighed 204 and looks the leanest you will probably find in pictures/video that isn’t a photoshopped magazine cover.

Using a Fatfreemass indicator (FFMI) calculator http://www.naturalphysiques.com/28/fat- ... index-ffmi

A FFMI is a number that has been averaged over for natural bodytypes to realize the maximum amount of Lean mass their body can hold without drugs( <25 is natural( (>25 is enhanced.) This tells us the maximum amount of Lean mass someone can have on their frame.

Using the Calculator we put in his height 5’11” (were going to be generous and give him that extra bit – technically 5’10 5/8 I believe), his combine weight, and my educated guess of his body fat % which at the combine I am guessing 14%. This gives us 24.6 FFMI which is right below the threshold of FFMI 25 (above this is considered Drug enhanced) RW was in the best shape of his life at the combine and with these numbers it proves it.

Hashing out the math gives us a Lean mass of 176 lbs and a fat mass of 28 lbs; at his best shape of his life.

So now that we have established his best shape of his life we can look at this not terrible picture from march 9th of 2016
Ciara Russell Wilsont March 2016 BellaNaija0004

Again we will be generous and say he maintained all of his lean mass, and only gained fat say 10 lbs. First you need to know when you run its 7x your weight on your joints, so even 10 measly lbs is 70 lbs of pressure + impact on your joints per step, that can add up quickly towards injuries – spiraling worse if even more weight.

Staying on target say he is 214 – same Lean mass 176 that means he has 37 lbs of fat and is about 18% bodyfat in this picture.

Compared to Hawaii picture last year – or the Tennis picture this year he looks to have gained even more body fat, His pecs have gone from shapely to dadbod manboob-shape. He has lost his bicep vein, his vascularity is GONE.

This article says he planned to start last season weighing 212lbs.
http://www.stack.com/a/how-did-russell- ... ing-jacked

The article says he didn’t achieve that goal so he probably played around 220 ish. Meaning he probably in his worst shape is around 230. With the recent Tennis picture I believe its safe to say he is around mid 230’s. His body is pure sloppy atm and this trend has been a THING since Ciara came into his life. Whether you like it or not that is a fact.

Currently if his weight is 230 as I believe it is he is about 22% bodyfat with 50 lbs of fat and 180 LBM.

-Side note on Kapernick - He lost 20 lbs and cant put it back on because he switched to being a vegan and is not getting enough protein. Without proper protein you cannot maintain maximum lean body mass.

great post

erik2690

Reaction score
titan3131":18igmy7s said:
His body is pure sloppy atm and this trend has been a THING since Ciara came into his life. Whether you like it or not that is a fact.

So this was the case when he had the best season of his career? Interesting.

semiahmoo":18igmy7s said:
a situation compounded by his short 5'9 frame. (He's not 5'11 as listed. No way.)

You're just unaware that the Combine takes very specific height measurements or am I missing some other detail?

This forum has some strange posts. Semi regularly refers to some "post Marshawn" era as if it isn't 1 injured season + the best stretch of his career passing. I genuinely don't understand some of that. How could 1 season where he is badly hurt in your mind be a reflection of post Marshawn any more than the part of 2015 where he tore it up w/o him? I just don't understand the logic. He's literally one season removed destroying all his marks and a bunch of all time Seahawks marks and just generally playing great. 1 season later and there are posts about how he might be running out of time. I mean I usually think I'm a crazed fan and then I come here and see things that seem genuinely detached. It feels like people are kinda forgetting the timeline or something because so much of what I see on threads like this makes it seem like a lot more than a season ago when he was scorching hot and threw himself into some MVP talk. It seems almost ignored how recent that was. Instead more weight is given to a season in which he was hurt since week 1 and had to change so much on the fly just to play. And even then in clearly his worst year he is no worse than average and we are a play here or there from 11 wins. I absolutely agree he should be held to high standard, but again I see some, specifically Semiahmoo talk about this decline in the post Lynch era as if that isn't literally just 1 season to go on. That's not a good sample size. And ignores 2015.

penihawk

Reaction score
I don't know how the hell this topic turned into a 100+ reply argument but I would like to set the record straight on my part. In no way am I bashing on RW or think he is a season away from the scrap heap.

There are some simple facts however that everyone should be able to agree on here.
1) He was heavier & slower last pre-season before getting stepped on and his ankle sprained.
2) He is short and it is an issue when asked to be a pocket passer and doesnt have clean throwing lanes to throw thru.
3) He is a much better QB and Hawks a much better team when he has the ability to hurt the defense bad with his legs and escapability. It wasn't there last year before or after the injuries.
4) He needs to improve his accuracy and anticipation to "let it go" on time.
5) He is still a top 10 or 12 QB and his skills that make him so are not comparable to most of the rest of the top 10.
6) He is now paid like a top QB and expectations went up right along with the salary

So here it is guys, he is a great player and was a huge reason we won a Lombardi trophy. Being quick and elusive is what makes Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson. As for the OL debate, there is none. They are young, inexperienced and bad. RW,OL and coaches can do things to help each other out and succeed with what we have to work with however. We must always remember in the great OL debate that most of the best non skilled position athletes entering college are going to the defensive side of the ball. Finding NFL ready or even good OL players isn't as simple as it once was and just burning top draft picks on them doesn't guarantee success. Salary cap limits the ability for a quick fix so they will continue to be a slow improvement from the bottom. It is what it is at this point.

In the mean time Russ better make sure his weight is right and quick as ever so he can continue runnin for his life! :D :2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
penihawk":2vmvmhfw said:
I don't know how the hell this topic turned into a 100+ reply argument but I would like to set the record straight on my part. In no way am I bashing on RW or think he is a season away from the scrap heap.

There are some simple facts however that everyone should be able to agree on here.
1) He was heavier & slower last pre-season before getting stepped on and his ankle sprained.
2) He is short and it is an issue when asked to be a pocket passer and doesnt have clean throwing lanes to throw thru.
3) He is a much better QB and Hawks a much better team when he has the ability to hurt the defense bad with his legs and escapability. It wasn't there last year before or after the injuries.
5) He is still a top 10 or 12 QB and his skills that make him so are not comparable to most of the rest of the top 10.
6) He is now paid like a top QB and expectations went up right along with the salary

So here it is guys, he is a great player and was a huge reason we won a Lombardi trophy. Being quick and elusive is what makes Russell Wilson, Russell Wilson. As for the OL debate, there is none. They are young, inexperienced and bad. RW,OL and coaches can do things to help each other out and succeed with what we have to work with however. We must always remember in the great OL debate that most of the best non skilled position athletes entering college are going to the defensive side of the ball. Finding NFL ready or even good OL players isn't as simple as it once was and just burning top draft picks on them doesn't guarantee success. Salary cap limits the ability for a quick fix so they will continue to be a slow improvement from the bottom. It is what it is at this point.

In the mean time Russ better make sure his weight is right and quick as ever so he can continue runnin for his life! :D :2thumbs:

And with this post we need to put the issue to rest because it can't be said any better than right here.

Seymour

Reaction score
penihawk":1zhhdvp7 said:

....... In the mean time Russ better make sure his weight is right and quick as ever so he can continue runnin for his life! :D :2thumbs:

I doubt you can get everyone to agree on much of anything. There is always someone somewhere that has a different view. Like agreeing that he was slower before the ankle sprain, tough to qualify since it really only shows up in game time, and the sprain happened in game 1.

That said, it was well laid out, and I agree with 1-6 myself.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
penihawk":2y648s14 said:

100% correct on all points.

Smellyman

Reaction score
penihawk":3hhxjqoa said:

Stopped reading at #2 when his pocket numbers have been amongst the best in the league since he was drafted.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
penihawk":3dvlmacn said:
I don't know how the hell this topic turned into a 100+ reply argument:

Welcome to the off season, let me show you around.

penihawk

Reaction score
Lmao! Yes I guess that's what makes it interesting and in the end we are all just football fans with an opinion.

Seymour

Reaction score
Smellyman":z30lxt6x said:
Stopped reading at #2 when his pocket numbers have been amongst the best in the league since he was drafted.

Here is # 2...

It does not say he is a poor pocket passer. All it says if lanes aren't open, he will need to move to find them. Nothing about his effectiveness. I see nothing wrong with that. Certainly no reason to discount the rest of the entire post over it.

LIke I said. He'll never get everyone to agree.....and that didn't take long.

titan3131

Reaction score
penihawk":17jm5gi5 said:

I agree with all 6 points as well.

What my biggest issue is that while his Passing number have improved and were top 3 in the league for qb in 2015 - This is not our gameplan. RW's arm talent is part of what makes him special, but what makes him potentially the best TOTAL QB package in the game is his combined ability with his movement. When he can kill you with either ability.

The past 2 years he hasnt had the mobility he has had previously

2014 [youtube]zZ0xxzG6CQY[/youtube]

You could argue he was the best player on the field, not QB THE BEST PLAYER IN THE MOTHER DARN STATE.

Thats all I want, I want the RW that is the DANGERUSS kill you at any moment at any way threat he can be.

It started when he bought the house and his mother and sister moved in- I bet your ass his momma was making him all his favorite food (macnCheese)

Then Ciara happened - Lots of eating out on dates.

Preagnancy - try and find some guy who doesnt gain sympathy weight with his wife.

Moral of the story is I want 2012-2014 wilson with '15 arm

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":za3mitjm said:
He needs to rebound this season or the doubt in his own head is gonna multiply big time.
And you know this, how????

Anthony!

Reaction score
lol what a bunch of BS posted in this thread by a few who are just negative haters. The greats always have haters, tiny little people who love to hate, and hate to love, and a just pathetic.

1hibfu

edogg23

Reaction score
Anthony!":13xg670b said:
lol what a bunch of BS posted in this thread by a few who are just negative haters. The greats always have haters, tiny little people who love to hate, and hate to love, and a just pathetic.

1hibfu
Stating facts about how Russell Wilson didn't look like the Russell Wilson we were used to seeing last preseason doesn't have anything to do with hating. It's called being a football fan and wanting to see your team succeed. As Russell goes, so do the Seahawks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":837vyk85 said:
Titan's post pretty much pinpointed how the whole "He gained all muscle" is ludicrous. No, he got fat. I say too fat. Others are welcome to disagree. He's pushing up on 30. It's gonna get tough to keep the weight off, a situation compounded by his short 5'9 frame. (He's not 5'11 as listed. No way.)

So your theory is that the entire NFL conspired to make him taller at the scouting combine where they measured him at 5'-10 5/8"? What a strange battle to pick. Or do you think he's shrinking?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This whole thread is comical.

If Russell did gain weight during the season? It's cause he had two major leg injuries and couldn't sustain his normal cardio and workout routines the ENTIRE season.

Hard to hit the treadmill for 60 minutes 4 times a week in an aircast and 10lb knee brace just trying to make it to Sunday.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
edogg23":1r9msj25 said:
Anthony!":1r9msj25 said:

1hibfu
Stating facts about how Russell Wilson didn't look like the Russell Wilson we were used to seeing last preseason doesn't have anything to do with hating. It's called being a football fan and wanting to see your team succeed. As Russell goes, so do the Seahawks.

Crappy Quarterback Protection = a failure on RW's part?,,,, Crappy Run Game = a failure on RW's part?,,,,Dropped Passes = a failure on RW's part?,,,, Breeched O-Line in 1.24 Seconds because the O-Line couldn't pick it up = a failure on RW's part?
Problem with your explanation is that you & several others are laying the blame for failures of the WHOLE TEAMS OFFENSE on ONE Russell Wilson.
At the Middle of the 2015 Season, Russell Wilson became one of the Leagues BEST POCKET PASSERS, and that because he was provided with A POCKET....That POCKET had all but disappeared last Pre-Season and into last Year's regular Season...He got hurt because of NO POCKET, & BAD PASS PROTECTION.
All this crap about him being totally at fault for his OWN injuries because he couldn't RUN AWAY.
What the hell is it that people think that an O-Line is suppose to do??
Some posters here at .NET even have the gall to say that since he's gotten paid, that he's become fat & lazy :pukeface:
Hopefully, last Season's very inexperienced & young O-Line will be able to take their play to the next level.
You WIN as a TEAM, and You LOSE as a TEAM.

Anthony!

Reaction score
edogg23":3rxoquz9 said:
Anthony!":3rxoquz9 said:

1hibfu

True but doing it with out stating the other info such as injuries etc is giving a very negative/hating way.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1lkpijkp said:
semiahmoo":1lkpijkp said:
Titan's post pretty much pinpointed how the whole "He gained all muscle" is ludicrous. No, he got fat. I say too fat. Others are welcome to disagree. He's pushing up on 30. It's gonna get tough to keep the weight off, a situation compounded by his short 5'9 frame. (He's not 5'11 as listed. No way.)

So your theory is that the entire NFL conspired to make him taller at the scouting combine where they measured him at 5'-10 5/8"? What a strange battle to pick. Or do you think he's shrinking?

its a battle that helps support his Wilson sucks matra

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ni9nl59q said:
This whole thread is comical.

If Russell did gain weight during the season? It's cause he had two major leg injuries and couldn't sustain his normal cardio and workout routines the ENTIRE season.

Hard to hit the treadmill for 60 minutes 4 times a week in an aircast and 10lb knee brace just trying to make it to Sunday.

SHHH no facts allowed only factless hating