For all of you RW weight watchers...

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1x8ta75x said:
edogg23":1x8ta75x said:
Anthony!":1x8ta75x said:
lol what a bunch of BS posted in this thread by a few who are just negative haters. The greats always have haters, tiny little people who love to hate, and hate to love, and a just pathetic.

1hibfu
Stating facts about how Russell Wilson didn't look like the Russell Wilson we were used to seeing last preseason doesn't have anything to do with hating. It's called being a football fan and wanting to see your team succeed. As Russell goes, so do the Seahawks.

Crappy Quarterback Protection = a failure on RW's part?,,,, Crappy Run Game = a failure on RW's part?,,,,Dropped Passes = a failure on RW's part?,,,, Breeched O-Line in 1.24 Seconds because the O-Line couldn't pick it up = a failure on RW's part?
Problem with your explanation is that you & several others are laying the blame for failures of the WHOLE TEAMS OFFENSE on ONE Russell Wilson.
At the Middle of the 2015 Season, Russell Wilson became one of the Leagues BEST POCKET PASSERS, and that because he was provided with A POCKET....That POCKET had all but disappeared last Pre-Season and into last Year's regular Season...He got hurt because of NO POCKET, & BAD PASS PROTECTION.
All this crap about him being totally at fault for his OWN injuries because he couldn't RUN AWAY.
What the hell is it that people think that an O-Line is suppose to do??
Some posters here at .NET even have the gall to say that since he's gotten paid, that he's become fat & lazy :pukeface:
Hopefully, last Season's very inexperienced & young O-Line will be able to take their play to the next level.
You WIN as a TEAM, and You LOSE as a TEAM.

Good post spot on, but haters are going to hate

635458798912135556-382386720_635455235717511380-46561057_haters-gonna-hate.imgopt1400x60.jpg

and why do they hate

Maxresdefault

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1i22687d said:
Seanhawk":1i22687d said:
semiahmoo":1i22687d said:
Titan's post pretty much pinpointed how the whole "He gained all muscle" is ludicrous. No, he got fat. I say too fat. Others are welcome to disagree. He's pushing up on 30. It's gonna get tough to keep the weight off, a situation compounded by his short 5'9 frame. (He's not 5'11 as listed. No way.)

So your theory is that the entire NFL conspired to make him taller at the scouting combine where they measured him at 5'-10 5/8"? What a strange battle to pick. Or do you think he's shrinking?

its a battle that helps support his Wilson sucks matra

Awesome. With a zealot on my side, I can't lose.

Chapow

Reaction score
titan3131":22tih5gm said:
The issue is people claiming he gained muscle and if you say otherwise you are ignorant.

So your issue is people stating the truth? Because he did, in fact, gain muscle.

You said this on page 1.

titan3131":22tih5gm said:
Denying fat Russell last year and current shape is the same level as being a flat earth truther.

Here's your fat Russell from last year. This is from last August, also known as preseason. You know, the one that you have stated over and over that he showed up to as a fat ass.

http://www.stack.com/a/how-did-russell- ... ing-jacked

Russell wasn't training to compete in the Mr Universe contest. He was training to compete, and survive, as a football player.

Clearly you have a different standard of what constitutes a fat person or a "fat ass" than any reasonable person. You are the type of guy that refers to anyone that isn't absolutely shredded as either fat or scrawny and you do it with clear contempt. I know your type.

Thanks for clearing for that up.

titan3131

Reaction score
Chapow - Do not assume to know anythign about me. I used to be 300+ lbs and have worked very hard to accomplish my goals of being healthy.

In the Videos on that page you can clearly see his level of vascularity and how soft he looks. A muscle while its being used engorges itself with blood and gets what is termed a "pump" leaving it bigger then normal. In these training videos he is incredibly softer and you clearly refused to read or comprehend the extensive logical agruement I posted yesterday. That is your loss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
titan3131":g5kyqjr1 said:
Chapow - Do not assume to know anythign about me. I used to be 300+ lbs and have worked very hard to accomplish my goals of being healthy.

In the Videos on that page you can clearly see his level of vascularity and how soft he looks. A muscle while its being used engorges itself with blood and gets what is termed a "pump" leaving it bigger then normal. In these training videos he is incredibly softer and you clearly refused to read or comprehend the extensive logical agruement I posted yesterday. That is your loss.

lol, this is getting good.

Tumblr ljh0puClWT1qfkt17

Did some of you guys forget that Russell said he wanted to put on some muscle and bulk in the off season last year to help absorb some of the massive hits he takes?

Not sure how you can criticize Russell's weight when 1. He SAID he was going to add muscle and 2. He literally got his ankle blown up in the 1st game of the year and never recovered.

So how in the heck can we make a judgement call on his weight when he went the entire year injured and slow? That's not he's fat and slow, that's he suffered two major leg injuries and STILL played!

Good lord people.

Seymour

Reaction score
I think his weight is the important key to stay fast and quick. Yes, he got stronger, but also gained a disproportionate amount of body weight. You could see this fully clothed in his face and neck and many mentioned this last year. Your face does not get fatter by lifting weights. Food and eating habits do that.
Clearly that whole tactic proved fruitless when he was injured in week 1. We saw what followed, and now he is going the opposite direction (back to 2015 plan to stay light and fast). So I say lets give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he is back on track to have a strong 2017.

Largent80

Reaction score
Blah. Blah Blah. Same old shit rehashed over and over. The way I look at it, is if he hadn't bulked up, he would have been out after the first game and definitely the 3rd game, but he gutted it out.

Which is much more than many of the posters here could do.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
150218-wilson.jpg

The above is from 2012.

Here is Wilson in April of 2015. He's on the far right.

3bd6215822f9695a30633ba6f519bfac

He showed up last year to Training Camp looking just a bit better than that last pic, but nowhere near as lean and mean as his first couple seasons in the league. He's struggling with his weight and it has clearly slowed him down and made him more susceptible to getting caught by defensive players more often, thus increasing possibility of injury.

Perhaps the most recent reports of him working hard to get back into playing shape are legit. I hope so. That said, similar reports were floated out there before last year and RW showed up to camp looking too bulky IMO. He is not Tom Brady. He needs as much speed as those sausage legs of his can provide, even more so without a Lynch-caliber back to help with the offensive load.

If he is to stay as injury-free as possible, RW needs to be able to run fast. He can't shrug off defenders like bigger, less mobile QBs can. He began last season (pre-injury mind you) both small and slow. That doesn't work in this league. He has to stop worrying about getting bigger and focus on staying quick - and from there, work on getting better at reading defensive schemes, etc.

That way Hawks fans have the best shot at seeing another pic like this soon...

Super bowl 48 xlviii

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":e1b610q1 said:
titan3131":e1b610q1 said:

lol, this is getting good.

Tumblr ljh0puClWT1qfkt17

Did some of you guys forget that Russell said he wanted to put on some muscle and bulk in the off season last year to help absorb some of the massive hits he takes?

Not sure how you can criticize Russell's weight when 1. He SAID he was going to add muscle and 2. He literally got his ankle blown up in the 1st game of the year and never recovered.

So how in the heck can we make a judgement call on his weight when he went the entire year injured and slow? That's not he's fat and slow, that's he suffered two major leg injuries and STILL played!

Good lord people.

Great Post ^ :vodka:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Wilson's new fitness regime is said to include some real football...

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1emzp6r2 said:
The obsession of another man's body by a bunch of adults is getting a tad creepy :lol:

Yeah it is, then you got a guy showing a picture of Rw with a shirt on in 2012 during the combine, then his other illustration is while they are in Hawaii in apr, then says he look only slightly better in camp but no picture there, we should just take his word for it. NOT. Oh and in the mean time we know for a FACT he got hurt in game one and was hurt all year, and that is really the only FACT we know detailing why he was a little slow. The rest is conjecture, the ones being negative well they be hating, the rest of us see the FACTS, he was hurt period.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
harryjohnson":3ja1h1sz said:
"I keep tabs on him during the offseason to check in with the guys that are around him to see how he’s doing, and what I’ve heard just recently was that he’s being an animal right now," Baldwin said. "He’s grinding his butt off."

I have no idea what a typical day in the life of an NFL QB during the offseason is.

I also have no idea what a typical day in the life of Russell Wilson during the offseason is.

That Doug Baldwin said he has heard Russell Wilson has been working hard doesn't mean anything to me, though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":4wzhfmzh said:
That Doug Baldwin said he has heard Russell Wilson has been working hard doesn't mean anything to me, though.

Why would that matter to Seahawks fans?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":w31iccyi said:
harryjohnson":w31iccyi said:
"I keep tabs on him during the offseason to check in with the guys that are around him to see how he’s doing, and what I’ve heard just recently was that he’s being an animal right now," Baldwin said. "He’s grinding his butt off."

I have no idea what a typical day in the life of an NFL QB during the offseason is.

I also have no idea what a typical day in the life of Russell Wilson during the offseason is.

Except that similar such stories were floated before last season and RW showed up to camp a slow-footed fatty. :D

Nfl quarterback roethlisberger

Seanhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":f3mt2dvo said:
Popeyejones":f3mt2dvo said:
harryjohnson":f3mt2dvo said:

Except that similar such stories were floated before last season and RW showed up to camp a slow-footed fatty. :D

Nfl quarterback roethlisberger

He looks taller than 5'-9" there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":34h4rmir said:
Meanwhile Roethlisberger comes in fat and overweight annually...and we're concerned about Russel's weight being a factor? Moving on...quickly now

The Steelers also don't rely on Roethlisburger to be an integral part of their running game either. Context.....

That said, I'm betting Wilson felt he could've done better last year and being in better shape might have helped him avoid getting hurt.