Foundation Players

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":gl2a6fbf said:
seahawks-in-qc":gl2a6fbf said:
For sure I want to keep McDougald : he brings a certain swagger and toughness that we do need (see the tackles on Aaron Jones on a short yardage play). Fant at the right price is viable : back up at both tackles and can play the 6th lineman if ever we have a better RT than him. Flukers does not really bother me.

Is KJ a FA? If so, let's resign him for 1-2 years I would say. I'm with OP : make an offer for Reed (even though he did not play like he used to last year) and Jefferson.

And yeah, Flowers is not the answer. I have been disappoint by him this year. But we've got to remind ourselves that he was late pick as a S if I am not mistaken.

I'm torn on McDougald. He's solid for sure, and he's one of the defensive leaders.

But IMO if Pete ever wants to get back to playing his smothering physical cover three defense, he needs a bigger hitter SS than McDougald.

Maybe that's Blair once he gets more experience. But either way McDougald's solid, but he doesn't make enough plays for me to call him a solid lock foundation player. I think we can do better.

I see what you mean. I really love what Blair brought as a rookie. I do not think that there are that many Kam Chancellor in the league/NCAA so I rather keep McDougald for now than to start over at the safety position. I mean, we all saw TT and Hill...do not want to go back to that place.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Good list but I put Jefferson higher ..The dude balls out

TreeRon

Reaction score
IMO foundation players, players that are irreplaceable in order of importance (people I would not trade for anything):
Wilson
Wagner
Clowney
Metcalf
Diggs
Lockett

knownone

Reaction score
I would add Quinton Jefferson to the foundation players list. I think their is a strong case to be made that he was a better player than Reed this season, and the 3rd best player on the line besides Clowney and Poona (who I also view as a foundation player).

I'm not sure we can count on Dissly until he proves he can stay healthy.

I'd like to see us go after a guy like Jack Conklin in free agency. Someone who can come in on the offensive line and be a difference maker immediately.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2clrdw3e said:
Good list but I put Jefferson higher ..The dude balls out

I get that Jefferson's an interior DT, and that means not showing up on the stat page as often. But I don't see him pop enough or make enough plays for me to consider him a foundation player.

Good player, good rotation player. But someone I'm making sure to lock up on a long term deal because I see him as a necessity going forward? I feel like there are dozens of Jefferson's out there every year to pick up. We know, because we get guys like him every year in FA and the draft. Poona, Al Woods, guys who fill space and make plays occasionally.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
2_0_6":2sbxejd6 said:
Hey George, you look better as a RT. :irishdrinkers:

Jville":2sbxejd6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1216831584633942016[/tweet]

............................................... this could develop into something interesting.

I do not see Fant as a starter at either RT or LT. To my eyes, he whiffs on blocks. I do like him as a backup and as the extra 6th man on the line in a jumbo package.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":8rmwapvw said:
Seymour":8rmwapvw said:
I'm signing Fant too, as I believe his price will be worthy of a roster spot!

I dunno man, for a lot less money you could get me (60 years old, handicapped, overweight) and not lose very much production. I'm pretty sure I can whiff blocks as good as Fant.

[youtube]lBCiyV6HkvI[/youtube]

Latest posts