Four-Pronged Rankings

HawkGA

Reaction score
The Seahawks come out #6. It's from Prisco, but in general I think the idea is a decent one. Basically ranking teams by how good their top QB, DE, OT, and CB are. QBs get get double the weight of the other positions.

Of course, any good theory has to survive a quick "sanity check" of the results. I would probably put the Seahawks a little higher, but I'm a homer and #6 isn't bad. But this ranking fails when you look at who is number 2 on the list.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2232 ... -contender

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seeing as the Cowboys come out ranked number two, I would say it is a pretty bad way to rank teams.

Cartire

Reaction score
I see why the cowboys are ranked #2, because his ranking system is retarded. You cant take positions that rely on the whole group and widdle it down to a single person and then rank him as the entire position group. Its a horrible horrible system.

Ware is one of the best, I get his ranking. But Ware is not the entire pass rush, and him by himself can not represent the quality of the Cowboys pass rush. Just like using Cliff Avril ranked at #21 as the Seahawks pass rusher, does not give justice to an overall line quality and what they do as a whole.

Hell, even San Fransisco has a better pass rush attack with the combined efforts of the line then just what aldon smith is.

Prisco is trying to reinvent the wheel again. And he keeps making a square.

kunged

Reaction score
Cartire":3oxlr9e8 said:
I see why the cowboys are ranked #2, because his ranking system is retarded. You cant take positions that rely on the whole group and widdle it down to a single person and then rank him as the entire position group. Its a horrible horrible system.

Ware is one of the best, I get his ranking. But Ware is not the entire pass rush, and him by himself can not represent the quality of the Cowboys pass rush. Just like using Cliff Avril ranked at #21 as the Seahawks pass rusher, does not give justice to an overall line quality and what they do as a whole.

Hell, even San Fransisco has a better pass rush attack with the combined efforts of the line then just what aldon smith is.

This about sums it up. He tries to rank teams based on four players, which is one of the dumbest ranking attempts I have seen. I would have a hell of a lot more respect for him if he just ranked them using the "eye test" and gave some bullshit reasons for the rankings

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Prisco doing what Prisco does best...which is nothing...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Prisco!, PRISCO!, P R I S C OOOOOOO!!! WAKE THE HELL UP BOY!!!!
You gotta quit listening to that little idiot voice that's talking in your head, and you especially gotta stop writing down what that voice tells you :34853_doh:
This makes you look dumber than a bent peavey.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":39z611or said:
Seeing as the Cowboys come out ranked number two, I would say it is a pretty bad way to rank teams.

That and/or he just sucks at using his own system. Romo is a fringe top 10 QB at this point. Tyron Smith is good, but solidly second tier. Mo Claiborne and Brandon Carr had their struggles last season. DeMarcus Ware is the only guy of those categories that I think deserves to be 1st tier.

(He also has Kaepernick ahead of Wilson, a sure-fire sign of derp-itude. More subtly, he has Patrick Peterson as the #2 corner while putting Charles Tillman #7. Tillman was 1b to Sherman's 1a at corner last season, statistically.)

Dallas topped his four pronged rankings last year. Seattle ranked 30th.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well 4 pronged is also a fork, I could see where Dalls could be his stick a fork in them team :)

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I might be homerish, but no brandon browner in the top 32 for cb?

dunceface

Reaction score
Wow it took a lot longer than I thought it would before the idiotic talking heads started trying to convince me that the Cowpies were a good team during the offseason :roll:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1enqme7u said:
Moving on, aye carumba! That can't be a serious result. What a flawed system. I was going to click on the link but why waste my time.

Cartire

Reaction score
hudsonhawk19":97t4lxkl said:
Anyone else notice clemons is not even on the list of pass rushers?

He only took one person from each team, and with Clemons injured, he factored in Avril as the starter.

Its all nonsense regardless.

Cartire

Reaction score
dunceface":1ir1fuvo said:
Wow it took a lot longer than I thought it would before the idiotic talking heads started trying to convince me that the Cowpies were a good team during the offseason :roll:

HA, I saw something similiar in the comments section of the article. Some said once again, for the 8th year in a row, the cowboys are a lock for the superbowl, in May.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Wow. I mean, wow.

Romo is a good QB that's never performed in the clutch.

Ware is elite, but the flaw to the system is like Cartire said: if you had no one else on that line, all you would have to do is double team Ware and game over.

Smith is above average at this point; I think he'll be a good LT but he's not that great of a run blocker yet.

Cowgirl's CBs are below average, or at least the season they had was below average. Claiborne will probably be good, but he wasn't last season.

Absolutely stupid.

firebee

Reaction score
Cartire":10wrmcb0 said:

Well... To be fair, we'll say he keeps making a Pentagon. It kind of looks like a wheel, but it doesn't have any curve and, more importantly, it just doesn't work.