Franchise Geno

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're not the only one, but if you say anything about the almighty Geno, you get blasted. So be it. He is regressing a little, people like the opinion, too bad.
Still would like to see him here, at a decent price, for a couple seasons while they develop a young guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Even so, almost all the current elite QBs were taken around top 10

You guys aren't answering my question of do you trust Pete and John to draft our next franchise QB?

Because if you're in the "no" camp, or even on the fence camp, then using a top 5 pick on a QB may result in a Baker Mayfield or Mitch Trubisky, and not a Mahomes or Allen.

No one in this forum knows enough about ANY of the QB's coming out of the draft other than what we read on the internet, or the 10 minute of game tape we see on Twitter about these QB's coming out next year.

So again, this is all about do we trust John and Pete, and has literally nothing to do with the top 3-4 QB's projected to go in the first round.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I think Geno is slowly regressing but I would re sign him if the money was right.
He isn't slowly regressing, he is slowly becoming the only guy still standing on the offense. The other ten have been missing in action, Geno is still the man everyone was swooning over a few weeks ago. It's all about teem and when the team is missing, the leader pays the price.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You're not the only one, but if you say anything about the almighty Geno, you get blasted. So be it. He is regressing a little, people like the opinion, too bad.
Still would like to see him here, at a decent price, for a couple seasons while they develop a young guy.

Geno reminds me mostly Of Tannehill. He has great judgment, but he won’t ever be the next rendition of Mahomes or Burrow, but he’s enough to build pieces around.

willyrobt

Reaction score
You can't trade a free agent, the trade deadline for this season has already passed, and Smith is on a one-year contract. So either the Seahawks give Smith a contract extension or they can't even trade him, much less "for a great DE or DT."

The trade deadline for this season was over a month and a half ago (November 1), so there's no way to trade him almost immediately.
Yea I knew that I was thinking maybe at end of this year.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Unless you luck into a Herbert or Purdy, your development window is at best a year or two. Id rather tag Geno.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do have reservations about how Geno handles pressure. He seems to take more risks and is more indecisive when he's behind or knows he needs to make plays.

We've seen that side of him the past 3-4 games. Bad throws, bad sacks taken, etc.

So no thanks on the massive extension, but I'd still give him a 2-3 year extension at around the Goff to Garoppolo salary range (25-32M). Unless you're REALLY sold on one of these rookie QB's to come right in and perform.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I still think they think they have the next josh Allen or Mahomes in the upcoming draft and they are going to take him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I still think they think they have the next josh Allen or Mahomes in the upcoming draft and they are going to take him.

Whom? If we were talking about Caleb Williams and Penix being available with us at no. 2, that might be a deeper conversation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Will Levi and Richardson out of Florida are interesting.

But for a roster absolutely DESPERATE for defensive playmakers, man would drafting a QB with that first pick be a hell of a risk. John and Pete better be damn sure if that's what they do.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No matter WHO they take, a bunch of people will be freaking out telling us how stupid the Hawks are. All because they didn't pick who THEY wanted the Hawks to pick.

Draft experts every year coming out of the wood work.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
No matter WHO they take, a bunch of people will be freaking out telling us how stupid the Hawks are. All because they didn't pick who THEY wanted the Hawks to pick.

Truth

Rat

Reaction score

The draft is more interesting if you have opinions on the players. I don't mind admitting I was wrong if I say I don't like a pick and the guy turns out to be good. I wasn't super crazy about the Cross pick this year, but I think he's looks like someone who like he can at least be a Russell Okung, which is worth where he was taken.

Not feeling too wrong about not liking Brooks or Collier. Really wanted Malik McDowell that one year; that was a miss for me.

Latest posts