Frank Clark just say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
You can delete the thread. It was taken off twitter by someone with a blue check. IDk how to copy and paste it. It is now gone.

I don't post fake news. I look for the blue check on Twitter.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
original poster":p8sq522d said:
As above, please confirm where you heard this?

It was on twitter post game. It had a guy with a blue check on it. He said frank Clark post game....

And what I quoted. From now on I'll try to figure the copy and paste.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I know everyone's clapping over what Clark said, but him even saying anything...........or what Earl said about Bobby..........or what Bennett or Sherman said/say on a weekly basis IS a problem as well.

You don't ever hear any Patriot players calling each other out, or the coaches, or anybody. Pete's "let the players be themselves" style of coaching has finally hit critical mass, and is now a detriment to the team.

And it's been a detriment for a couple years now.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1qo3lpt1 said:
"Players must be held accountable but so must the coaches."

I swore he said that.

Anyone?

I couldn't find the quote again. So I was hoping one of us were listening on radio.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gagznzh said:
I know everyone's clapping over what Clark said, but him even saying anything...........or what Earl said about Bobby..........or what Bennett or Sherman said/say on a weekly basis IS a problem as well.

You don't ever hear any Patriot players calling each other out, or the coaches, or anybody. Pete's "let the players be themselves" style of coaching has finally hit critical mass, and is now a detriment to the team.

And it's been a detriment for a couple years now.

I think you can let players be themselves to a large extent but you can't do that while spouting empty platitudes and putting it mostly on them to figure out and then having that blow up in their face. You also have to nurture the growth of the players so that who they are is who you sculpt them into being.

Pete has had his paws on some of the more vocal elements of the team since their inception to the NFL and with Sherman especially has allowed Sherman to be himself while seemingly just thinking it's Sherman being himself rather than Sherman being an alarm bell to managing the team. The problem isn't inherently Sherman being a vocal malcontent at times, it's that nothing seemingly is done with it, either in a concrete game way or in a social space telling him to pipe down. And probably the most damning is that Sherman isn't wrong except for possibly piping up. But hey, if you're going to tolerate a malcontent maybe you should take their issues to heart?

I really get the sensation that Pete has never had to build a firm framework with his players on handling adversity - it's one of the double edge swords of consistently doing well and pulling the plug himself when things look their darkest. It is really damning if PC's 'leadership' hinges so much on the success in aggregate - he's almost like a cool IROC driving uncle, leaves when the party is out of beer but always shows up with the best stories and snacks.

The funny thing with the Pats though is that BB has been validated over and over and over again that his method works with enough regularity that you'd have to be stubborn as hell to not try to buy in fully for 2 or 3 seasons to potentially taste the fruit of a championship and then a nice payday afterwards. He has the cache to warrant that buy in. He delivers the goods and you might bust your ass hard enough and be lucky enough not to face Eli Manning to reap it. Pete squandered that after SB49 and as much as people are tired about talking about it (I kinda am in specifics but not in knock on effects) I think the core is tired of the shtick and needs more from PC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":3edx4i0t said:
The funny thing with the Pats though is that BB has been validated over and over and over again that his method works with enough regularity that you'd have to be stubborn as hell to not try to buy in fully for 2 or 3 seasons to potentially taste the fruit of a championship and then a nice payday afterwards. He has the cache to warrant that buy in. He delivers the goods and you might bust your ass hard enough and be lucky enough not to face Eli Manning to reap it. Pete squandered that after SB49 and as much as people are tired about talking about it (I kinda am in specifics but not in knock on effects) I think the core is tired of the shtick and needs more from PC.

That's exactly when the cracks started forming in Pete's philosophy, after SB 49...............and now he's finding out why coaches like Belicheck get rid of malcontents and players who consistently cause distractions.

And to be fair, Pete does do that, as we've seen with players like Harvin who got bounced when their behavior became intolerable. But IMO his leash is too long, and as I said last year when Sherman mouthed off, and Pete continued to back him up, it's going to hit a critical mass............and it has.

Now Pete can't reign in this veteran team full of vocal "leaders" that no longer is buying into his Kumbaya as Sherman put it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":13ck02rl said:
You can delete the thread. It was taken off twitter by someone with a blue check. IDk how to copy and paste it. It is now gone.

An entire thread with speculation based on something that only 1 person "thought" they heard?

Shocking.....

randomation

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":32qbvgap said:
"Players must be held accountable but so must the coaches."

I swore he said that.

Anyone?

If so he is right and it's why Pete has lost control of the locker room because that isn't happening.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":2iu86vd0 said:
Shanegotyou11":2iu86vd0 said:

An entire thread with speculation based on something that only 1 person "thought" they heard?

Shocking.....

Come on Seymour. Sigh. It was on twitter with a person with blue check. So I assumed someone on here listened post game and could confirm it.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":21fs4u51 said:
Seymour":21fs4u51 said:
Shanegotyou11":21fs4u51 said:

Shocking.....

Come on Seymour. Sigh. It was on twitter with a person with blue check. So I assumed someone on here listened post game and could confirm it.

But it had a blue check it must be true, ok who's name was attached to the "blue Check" ? This is why the site requires a link as proof to avoid gossipy bs.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
907Hawk":10c12wie said:
Shanegotyou11":10c12wie said:
Seymour":10c12wie said:
Shanegotyou11":10c12wie said:

Shocking.....

But it had a blue check it must be true, ok who's name was attached to the "blue Check" ? This is why the site requires a link as proof to avoid gossipy bs.

I know it was a Seattle reporter. I've seen their face before. I don't remember name.

original poster

Reaction score
I've searched Twitter and can find zero reference.

If anyone does come across it, PM and I'll unlock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts