Frank Clark

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
TheWebHead":20opu001 said:
Schneider said 3 teams called him saying they were ready to take him had the Seahawks not at #63, despite the media interrogation on his history and negative reaction from many it received. There's some upset tweets from reporters on not talking to the alleged victim, but there are 32 teams that may have wanted to interview her if that was an expected action - something I imagine she'd not want to do, and it sounds as though her side was obtained through a counselor who spoke to the woman. I assume some in the media will contact the person now that the draft has occurred.

This is what I wanted to hear. The two things that don't bum me out about the position of the pick is that Schneider rarely over picks a guy he HAS to have, and then has that guy flop. If they really want a guy, it usually works out.....and typically if they make a move on a guy, they have some info that other teams were after him. Bruce Irvin was another example of this.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
vonstout":29iguy6b said:
Hawks46":29iguy6b said:
kinda funny, we traded up to grab Lockette, whom I wanted with the Clark pick.

Think Clark would've lasted to our 3rd round pick ? I've heard good things about Clark (on the field) but honestly think we could've gotten him a round later.

Ah well, Pete and John are better at this than me. We got a pass rusher and a returner, so I'm happy. Now go bang out the OL.

I agree. I'm surprised we took a guy that was kicked off his team and had domestic violence issues in the second. Gregory had a hell of a lot more talent and went a few picks earlier. Time will tell.

You're not the only one naming Gregory, but I'll say this: I don't know much about what Pete and John think on draft day, but I can GUARANTEE that Gregory wasn't even on their draft board, or very very low.

Sure, Gregory has talent, but his biggest question marks are love of the game, motivation, and mental toughness. First off, it's been said before (by Schneider), you have to be mentally tough just to survive the Seahawks locker room. Lack of motivation and/or passion for football is probably the biggest No No you can have to keep you off the Hawks. Secondly, Gregory just can't get over 235 lbs. We need a LEO to be bigger than that. Either his frame just can't hold the weight, or he just doesn't want to work hard enough to get there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":35hu8f9q said:
Clark was highly productive with limited snaps and he is a SPARQ freak. However, I don't think he plays as fast as a Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Bruce Irvin, or even O'Brien Schofield. I hope I am wrong about his lack of playing speed.
Clemons never played very fast either. But his instincts and conditioning were top notch.

penihawk

Reaction score
One trick pony speed rushers are not LEO candidates. Clem was great at it because he could set the edge in the run game and was sneaky fast with counter moves to power. I think Clark is one of a few players in this class that checked those boxes. Lets just hope he turns the corner on his past like Bruce Irvin did when he was brought into the "FAMILY".

I think they just filled our three biggest needs in the first three rounds. Kudos to the FO imo.

xgeoff

Reaction score
We reached. We reach a lot with our early picks. Irvin was a reach, Carpenter was a reach. We do great in the late rounds, finding guys who are overlooked, but we need a lot of work with our 1-2 nd round picks.

two dog

Reaction score
Jon and Pete have such a sure hand in the war room it's hard to imagine them doing
anything resembling panic. Yet I think it was something like that after they made the Clark pick.
There was a feel like they were scrambling to correct something when they went after Lockette.

Larry Stone in his Seattle Times column really had the torches and pitchforks out over the
Frank Clark pick. Problem for him is that, like the rest of us, he has no direct knowledge of
what happened with Clark's domestic beef. He quoted the police report often without acknowledging
that such reports are allegations, not necessarily facts. He talked to nobody involved in the case
but the Seahawks did. Yet he, like some here, convicted Clark of heinous behavior while
on the periphery of the event. Most everyone does stupid things sometime in their life.
Most don't have the lasting stigma that domestic violence entails.

I just hope he is violent with opposing QB's.
I like the pick.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
xgeoff":cwvm561t said:
We reached. We reach a lot with our early picks. Irvin was a reach, Carpenter was a reach. We do great in the late rounds, finding guys who are overlooked, but we need a lot of work with our 1-2 nd round picks.

We reach according to who? According to their evaluations they don't reach.

Irvin has the most sacks in his class.....and has graded out as top 11 at his position ...reach?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3gssc3c4 said:
xgeoff":3gssc3c4 said:

Irvin has the most sacks in his class.....and has graded out as top 11 at his position ...reach?

Irvin has 16.5 sacks. Quinton Coples also has 16.5. Olivier Vernon has 21.5.

It is interesting that the 2012 draft class has so far failed to produce an elite pass rusher. Vernon is the only player from that draft to produce a double digit sack season.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":bxqzranq said:
xgeoff":bxqzranq said:

According to mel kiper duh

Latest posts