Frank Gore: Colts' Andrew Luck is 'a football god'

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... otball-god

Did anyone laugh as hard as I did at this title up on NFL.com

Football God :roll:

Too bad none of that stuff has helped him in the playoffs..Just another Peyton Manning. Good in the regular season but when playoffs roll around he crumbles and cant get the job done :stirthepot:

Only difference is Manning isnt a few throws from being under a 70 QB rating in his career in the playoffs...ZING

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Well if you look at whom he is comparing him to (the Kraepper) that statement doesn't surprise me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
So Luck is overrated and Kaepernick's the worst. Got it. :th2thumbs:

But for both of those things to be true Gore has to be right and wrong at the exact same time. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2r07jrnh said:

But for both of those things to be true Gore has to be right and wrong at the exact same time. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Don't you get it? Kap is the 49er QB and Luck had the nerve to be drafted the same year as Wilson and garner more praise.

Sheesh. :D

titan3131

Reaction score
he is amazing. But he also crumbles under pressure when it counts, He is a andy dalton mixed with philip rivers stats.

And as a fan base we hate the sploogfest of luck, touting him as the great of all time. When clearly he is just a great qb, not a legend yet.

Marvin49

Reaction score
titan3131":dvt25foj said:
he is amazing. But he also crumbles under pressure when it counts, He is a andy dalton mixed with philip rivers stats.

And as a fan base we hate the sploogfest of luck, touting him as the great of all time. When clearly he is just a great qb, not a legend yet.

Yeah, but it's far more personal than that. I go to a number of team boards and none of them seem to hate Luck the way this board does. I think it has something to do with Wilson being in the same draft class and not getting as much love, but that's just a guess.

mikeak

Reaction score
titan3131":1u0qdk39 said:

What is the basis for this and definition of pressure?

Are you talking big moments as playoffs and end of games? If so he has a lot of comeback wins

Are you talking actual pressure on the field as blitzing etc - there was an article on ESPN recently that seems to support this

titan3131

Reaction score
mainly the espn article but also his flacid playoff performances.

mikeak

Reaction score
So Dan Marion crumbled under pressure as well?

You can be a really good qb and not have the right pieces in place to win it all

While I personally think that RW can win game after game with less but better coordinator I think last year showed that you can lose the biggest game at no fault of the QB. So this total judgement of QBs based on Win-Loss records is to me very flawed.

Luck is a very very good QB - I would say Elite. He is three years into the league and will have a great career. Peyton Manning may not have performed at best in every playoff game but doesn't mean that he isn't one of the best QBs ever - top 10 definately based on a career.

TAB420

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2oyymvdw said:
Luck is a fantastic player. Better than Wilson.

That's your opinion,but you really can't compare the two. They are two different style QB's and they play on to different styles of offenses....Apples and oranges.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
TAB420":18tk3nwk said:
CodeWarrior":18tk3nwk said:

That's your opinion,but you really can't compare the two. They are two different style QB's and they play on to different styles of offenses....Apples and oranges.

I'd argue that you can compare the two in that Wilson is a great player no doubt, but he's more scheme reliant than Luck. Luck would succeed in any scheme, Seahawks included.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29eagjga said:

Holy extremes batman! :roll:
Where did I say the Kraepper was the worst? Quit making things up.
I don't think CK is anywhere near as good as you homeristic niner fans think he is, but IMHO there are quite a few qb's that are worse....
As for Luck I think he is severely over rated, but then again I value games won and playoff success over fantasy football stats, so sue me. 8)

Oh and Marv, I couldn't care any less what niner fans or anyone else thinks about RW, he has his weaknesses and strengths, just like any QB, but I'd say he's been pretty successful so far even if the denialzoner's disagree! :th2thumbs: 8)

TAB420

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":5nbqvgwu said:
TAB420":5nbqvgwu said:
CodeWarrior":5nbqvgwu said:

I'd argue that you can compare the two in that Wilson is a great player no doubt, but he's more scheme reliant than Luck. Luck would succeed in any scheme, Seahawks included.

You think that Luck could extend plays with his legs, like Wilson does in Seattle?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
TAB420":2v106k95 said:
CodeWarrior":2v106k95 said:
TAB420":2v106k95 said:
CodeWarrior":2v106k95 said:

You think that Luck could extend plays with his legs, like Wilson does in Seattle?

No doubt. Perhaps not in a similarly elusive manner, but he'd get the job done. If pressed I'll give Wilson the nod for ability to extend a play, though.

TAB420

Reaction score
That's your opinion,but you really can't compare the two. They are two different style QB's and they play on to different styles of offenses....Apples and oranges.[/quote]

I'd argue that you can compare the two in that Wilson is a great player no doubt, but he's more scheme reliant than Luck. Luck would succeed in any scheme, Seahawks included.[/quote]

You think that Luck could extend plays with his legs, like Wilson does in Seattle?[/quote]

No doubt. Perhaps not in a similarly elusive manner, but he'd get the job done. If pressed I'll give Wilson the nod for ability to extend a play, though.[/quote]

To each his own.

titan3131

Reaction score
The reason Russell is Godlike elusive has to do with his height. He is the only qb with the skill set and tools to do what he does.

Luck can run RO but he isnt nimble and elusive like RW.