Frank Gore: Colts' Andrew Luck is 'a football god'

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":103spxsj said:
Holy extremes batman! :roll:
Where did I say the Kraepper was the worst? Quit making things up.

You said Andrew Luck IS a god compared to "the Kraepper."

I used "worst" as shorthand. If you had preferred I just said "crap" by all means feel free to read my post that way.

Regardless, I think you're taking my post a bit too seriously, maybe.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I will agree with this statement: Andrew Luck is a FANTASY football god.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ie1e3wgn said:
Sports Hernia":ie1e3wgn said:
Holy extremes batman! :roll:
Where did I say the Kraepper was the worst? Quit making things up.

You said Andrew Luck IS a god compared to "the Kraepper."

I used "worst" as shorthand. If you had preferred I just said "crap" by all means feel free to read my post that way.

Regardless, I think you're taking my post a bit too seriously, maybe.
Oh please....... :roll:
Nice spin and dodge but you are making things up yet again! If I said what you said you claim, you should have no problem copying and pasting said post or have a link to it. I'll be waiting.........

Here's what I said -------> "Well if you look at whom he is comparing him to (the Kraepper) that statement doesn't surprise me."

It's the second post of this thread, look it up for yourself.

It was your former RB that called him a GOD, take it up with him.

I then went on to say I think Luck was overrated, so if I called him a GOD (which I didn't) I would be contradicting myself in the same post wouldn't I?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Luck is an absolute stud. Amazing team leader, great on and off the field. Is probably the most humble QB in the game including RW and has the potential to maybe one day be seen as the greatest QB to ever play the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a home town discount to help his team out. The guy really is that amazing and I completely understand why everyone that comes in contact with him or follows him is completely head over heals in love with the guy but that doesn't take away from the absolute fact he has not lived up to the hype yet.

I don't expect 9ers fans to understand the angst Seahawks fans have for him. When Kaep was new and tearing up the league many jumped on his band wagon. Guys like Jaws proclaimed he would develop into the best QB in the history of football, What you haven't had to hear is how he is just a game manager that is only mildly successful because of his surrounding talent and doesn't belong in the same conversation as Andrew Luck.

Seahawks fans have watched the NFL proclaim Wilson as the worst pick in the draft. Is too short and will never be a starter. Only is mildly successful because of the team around him and any QB could do what he has done with said talent and on a constant basis hear he doesn't belong in the same conversation as Andrew Luck.

Wilson never gets credit for his playoff performances or playing in the NFC west and Luck never gets held accountable for the same. You can say Luck doesn't have a running game but much of that is by design. His system is made for passing and the division he plays in is weak against it.

Clayton said if Luck were in Seattle we may have never lost a game. Really? Because Luck against good defenses and under pressure is below average. How does that fair in the NFC west playing behind our O-line? Throwing to mostly UDFA's? I think it is very plausible that Wilson could do very well if he were on the colts. Playing with those receivers and against that competition. Would he do as well as Luck? I don't know but the numbers suggest he very possibly could and maybe even better. Would Luck do well in Seattle? Probably because he wouldn't be asked to do as much as he has in Indy but he sure as hell wouldn't be putting up the kind of numbers he has there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Marvin49":2rvdeqyz said:
titan3131":2rvdeqyz said:
he is amazing. But he also crumbles under pressure when it counts, He is a andy dalton mixed with philip rivers stats.

And as a fan base we hate the sploogfest of luck, touting him as the great of all time. When clearly he is just a great qb, not a legend yet.

Yeah, but it's far more personal than that. I go to a number of team boards and none of them seem to hate Luck the way this board does. I think it has something to do with Wilson being in the same draft class and not getting as much love, but that's just a guess.

Yup, that's a pretty good guess.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Rob12":f2icbhqv said:
WilsonMVP":f2icbhqv said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516983/article/frank-gore-colts-andrew-luck-is-a-football-god

Did anyone laugh as hard as I did at this title up on NFL.com

Football God :roll:

Too bad none of that stuff has helped him in the playoffs..Just another Peyton Manning. Good in the regular season but when playoffs roll around he crumbles and cant get the job done :stirthepot:

Only difference is Manning isnt a few throws from being under a 70 QB rating in his career in the playoffs...ZING

Luck is a stud. Face it, man.

He hasn't been that great in the playoffs... I'll give you that. I'm not a huge Luck fan, either. But considering the fact that he has no running game to speak of or a defense that can stop anyone, he has definitely taken his licks in the postseason where those things matter -- a lot.

I'd still have rather Russ... Every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

But I think when it's all said and done Andrew Luck, if the Colts' front office plays it right, we'll have a much more impressive playoff resume than Peyton Manning.

you act like that is hard to do. how is manning considered top 5 all time? the dude had the AFC 1 seed handed to him every year he was with the colts.... he got 1 ring beating a rex grossman lead bears.... he is great in the regular season and below average when it really matters... but hey he has good passing stats so he must be top 5 all time.... i dont get it.

OP
OP
WilsonMVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1tz1en8f said:
Rob12":1tz1en8f said:
WilsonMVP":1tz1en8f said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516983/article/frank-gore-colts-andrew-luck-is-a-football-god

Did anyone laugh as hard as I did at this title up on NFL.com

Football God :roll:

Too bad none of that stuff has helped him in the playoffs..Just another Peyton Manning. Good in the regular season but when playoffs roll around he crumbles and cant get the job done :stirthepot:

Only difference is Manning isnt a few throws from being under a 70 QB rating in his career in the playoffs...ZING

Luck is a stud. Face it, man.

He hasn't been that great in the playoffs... I'll give you that. I'm not a huge Luck fan, either. But considering the fact that he has no running game to speak of or a defense that can stop anyone, he has definitely taken his licks in the postseason where those things matter -- a lot.

I'd still have rather Russ... Every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

But I think when it's all said and done Andrew Luck, if the Colts' front office plays it right, we'll have a much more impressive playoff resume than Peyton Manning.

you act like that is hard to do. how is manning considered top 5 all time? the dude had the AFC 1 seed handed to him every year he was with the colts.... he got 1 ring beating a rex grossman lead bears.... he is great in the regular season and below average when it really matters... but hey he has good passing stats so he must be top 5 all time.... i dont get it.

And the year he won it his playoff stats were god awful too

3TD/7INT with a 70 QB rating. First 2 games his D allowed 8 and 6 points. And then in the superbowl he played against the no offense bears with Rex Grossman at the helm. A QB whose career rating is 71.4 and whose playoff rating is 67.3

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
The funny thing about Kap is it has been printed numerous times Harbaugh ran the offense and the huddle. Alex Smith and Kap had zero control. This year will be different as Tomsula is letting Kap have more control over the huddle. We shall see how it pans out.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hawks46":23nl8al9 said:
Marvin49":23nl8al9 said:
titan3131":23nl8al9 said:
he is amazing. But he also crumbles under pressure when it counts, He is a andy dalton mixed with philip rivers stats.

And as a fan base we hate the sploogfest of luck, touting him as the great of all time. When clearly he is just a great qb, not a legend yet.

Yeah, but it's far more personal than that. I go to a number of team boards and none of them seem to hate Luck the way this board does. I think it has something to do with Wilson being in the same draft class and not getting as much love, but that's just a guess.

Yup, that's a pretty good guess.

The hype about Luck was the setup. Quite a few people here were in the "Suck for Luck" boat.

You're right that it's personal for some people it started with a Luck <and Griffin> comparison to Wilson pretty much from the start. I get it; I almost stopped watching football in 2007 (and I didn't watch the Super Bowl that year and should have because of how it ended up) because I was tired about hearing about the all-Universe Patriots. But once Wilson started doing his magic and the Seahawks became awesome, I could care less about how hyped Luck is.

People are mad that Wilson didn't get enough attention early on and he still gets ignored by some people because of Lynch and the defense. I'm perfectly happy with the last few years, and I don't care what other fans think. It's like having a great deal going in your life, and someone talks crap about it. Some people are going to get mad about that, but what do I care? My life is going awesome.

Luck is really good at his job, and so is Wilson. They play differently on different teams, and both teams fan bases are happy to have them. Luck plays like Favre, and if you do that long enough you're going to be considered to be one of the best at the position. He'll walk that line of too many turnovers, but his potential to take things over at times are pretty high. If this team didn't have Wilson and they could somehow magically have Luck, I wouldn't say "meh" or "that guy isn't that good" at the idea.

I don't understand hating Luck, Manning, etc. These guys do their jobs really well and keep their personal lives squared away and non-ridiculous (unlike a certain New England QB).

NINEster

Reaction score
I think in 2-3 years we'll have all the definitive answers on ranking the young QBs from 2011/2012 draft class.

Still early.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Luck should put up huge numbers this season with all of that tallent around him. Gore is a great receiver out of the back field and he should be productive running the ball as well. As great as Andre Johnson has been he has never had a top shelf accurate QB throwing him the ball. I mean He made Matt Schaub look good ....what do you think he will do for Luck? I tell you this colt offensive squad my be the most talented offensive unit to be put together in the cap era.