Fred Jackson Has A High Ankle Sprain

ringless

Reaction score
May I ask where the cap space would come from to sign another RB?

Seahawks have $629,638 available. Unless they rework a contract to move money to next year but then you are just robbing Peter to pay Paul and creating a new situation moving forward.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This would be my guess....

If Lynch will be ready for the Cinci game, then we simply promote Rod Smith.

If Lynch isn't ready, we likely have to sign a vet. Where that money comes from, I don't know.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Forte is available.

Trade our #1 pick, kill two birds with one stone.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawk-Lock":pyc83f08 said:
Here's the other question. If we do sign another RB (which is likely the case here), do we release Fred Jackson? From the sounds of it, he will be out several weeks. Typically high ankle sprains are 3-6 weeks. Can we afford to keep 4 RB's plus the two full backs?

Can a team whose identity is that of a smashmouth run-first team afford to keep running backs? Unless we want to watch our offense transform into the Lions' offense where Russ just chucks the ball at his receivers 70% of the game, I think we do have to keep them all.

Find a stop-gap to get us through until Beast and Jackson are back, and we'll be good.

ringless

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":4d8i1wzg said:
Hawk-Lock":4d8i1wzg said:
Here's the other question. If we do sign another RB (which is likely the case here), do we release Fred Jackson? From the sounds of it, he will be out several weeks. Typically high ankle sprains are 3-6 weeks. Can we afford to keep 4 RB's plus the two full backs?

Can a team whose identity is that of a smashmouth run-first team afford to keep running backs? Unless we want to watch our offense transform into the Lions' offense where Russ just chucks the ball at his receivers 70% of the game, I think we do have to keep them all.

Find a stop-gap to get us through until Beast and Jackson are back, and we'll be good.

Where would the money come from. Seattle has 629k in cap space.

This years VET minimum is
Rookie: 435k
1 510k
2 585k
3 660k

So not only does it have to be a RB with two or less years experience, you then have to make room on the roster somewhere. It seems Lynch will be healthy so it will have to be Lynch, Rawls, and nobody else. Or a promotion from the practice squad.

Or worst case scenario is a renegotiated contract where you move money from this year to next year for a player but again just creates a problem next year.

kearly

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1v4z0h2m said:
Rod Smith will just be called up from the practice squad.

That's my guess too. I think Seattle still has their IR with designate for return to use as well.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":2zb7uhbd said:
HawkFan72":2zb7uhbd said:
Rod Smith will just be called up from the practice squad.

That's my guess too. I think Seattle still has their IR with designate for return to use as well.
But that's an 8 week time frame IIRC. Would depend on severity of sprain, of course.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I hear Trent Richardson is available :stirthepot:

Barakas

Reaction score
During Pete's 1pm press conference today he said that Jackson has surprised them by being active and moving about just fine today. Fred thinks he'll be good to go by Sunday but the team is going to take it day by day.

So, it sounds like this may be a week or two type of injury at worse and he'll be playing this Sunday at best.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":3m7fr10w said:
I hear Trent Richardson is available :stirthepot:

That could work. He already has practice running into bigger holes than he'll see in Seattle.

Screen Shot 2015 08 16 at 101824 AM00

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Fred played Sunday. He seems to heal fast, and IIRC, the MRI was negative.