Free Agent News--other teams

bileever

Reaction score
I thought a general free agent thread might be better than a bunch of threads about random players not coming to the Seahawks. (Moderators, feel free to delete if not appropriate.)

First up: Christian Wilkins signs for 4 years, $110 million with the Raiders. We were never going to be able to afford him, anyway, but wow, that's a lot of money.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I thought a general free agent thread might be better than a bunch of threads about random players not coming to the Seahawks. (Moderators, feel free to delete if not appropriate.)

First up: Christian Wilkins signs for 4 years, $110 million with the Raiders. We were never going to be able to afford him, anyway, but wow, that's a lot of money.
Pundits had his market at $25-26M, but the cap went up more than expected as well.

This makes the idea that we can re-sign Williams for less than $20M seem like wishful thinking too.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley ---> Eagles
3-year, 37.75M (26M guaranteed)

Therefore,

D'Andre Swift ---> Bears
3-year, 24.5M (15.3M guaranteed)
Anyone know the quality of Chicago's O-Line?

Because if Waldron actually makes a run-game work there, after what we had going on here the last two years (especially last)... SMH.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score

Therefore,

D'Andre Swift ---> Bears
A lot of money for a running back. I thought the RB market was on the decline. In any case, I don't know if Barkley is worth that money. At least it's not CMC money.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seems like a stellar year for IOL free agents. Have read of several Guards getting multi-year contracts in the $14-17M/year range.

Might hear Damien Lewis's name soon. Doubt there's much of a market for Phil Haynes.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Therefore,

D'Andre Swift ---> Bears
Poor Rashaad Penny. The dude can't buy a break. He goes to Philly, then they acquire D. Swift. Swift leaves and in comes Barkley. Penny is still outside looking in.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dayum, they are coming in fast for sure. Even though it's old news, Baker staying with Bucs was a solid move on both sides, imo.