Free agent QB's 2023

QWERTY

Reaction score
Why sign Geno when there are so many QB's that are gonna be FA?

1. Brady
2. Baker Mayfield
3. Sam Darnold
4. Jimmy G
5. Teddy Bridgewter
6. Daniel Jones
7. Case Keenum
8. Mason Rudolph
9. Jacoby Brissett
10. Geno
11. Joe Flacco
12. Andy Dalton
13. Mike White
14. CJ Beathard
15. Kyle Allen
16. Lamar Jackson
17. Taylor Heinicke
18. Chase Daniel
19. Chad Henne
20. Cooper Rush
21. Blaine Gabbert
22. Drew Lock

Of course I would love Brady in a Seahawks Uniform.

But alternate and cheap ideas.

Baker
Taylor Heinicke
Drew Lock
Cooper Rush
Tyler Huntley

According to Sportarc, Geno Smith's current market value is 39.3 M per year.

Market Value​

• 2 yrs, $78,659,052
  • Avg. Salary: $39,329,526

Instead of paying all that money to Geno, sign Connor Mcgovern, (Center) or from the 49ers Mike McGlinchey.

Rat

Reaction score
Geno would arguably rank 4th among those at absolute worst. Brady isn't coming here, Daniel Jones might actually get franchised, and would make comparable money to Geno anyway, Lamar would cost all our good draft picks and more, plus an insane contract. I would run with Geno unless there's a rookie they're salivating over at 5.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Geno would arguably rank 4th among those at absolute worst. Brady isn't coming here, Daniel Jones might actually get franchised, and would make comparable money to Geno anyway, Lamar would cost all our good draft picks and more, plus an insane contract. I would run with Geno unless there's a rookie they're salivating over at 5.
Isn't Lamar a FA? I don't think the Ravens are planning to tag and trade him.

And we should look at Geno's performance and his stats over the years. Yes he played well, but how come he couldn't perform like that when he was with the Jets, the Giants, the Chargers? I think it all had to do with Seattle's talent of their OL/TE and WR.

All these QB's I named.

Baker
Taylor Heinicke
Drew Lock
Cooper Rush
Tyler Huntley

They would do well with the Seahawks and they might even do better once we upgrade Center, RG and find a dependable 3rd WR.

Rat

Reaction score
Isn't Lamar a FA? I don't think the Ravens are planning to tag and trade him.

And we should look at Geno's performance and his stats over the years. Yes he played well, but how come he couldn't perform like that when he was with the Jets, the Giants, the Chargers? I think it all had to do with Seattle's talent of their OL/TE and WR.

All these QB's I named.

Baker
Taylor Heinicke
Drew Lock
Cooper Rush
Tyler Huntley

They would do well with the Seahawks and they might even do better once we upgrade Center, RG and find a dependable 3rd WR.
Are you serious on that first line? Zero chance the Ravens are letting Lamar leave for nothing. He's a premier running threat who is a former league MVP and still young.

And of those others you mentioned: Baker, seriously? Did you watch him at all last year? Heinicke and Rush are solid backups, but there's no upside there. We already tried the Drew Lock thing. Huntley is the only one there sort of intriguing, but is also madly inconsistent. He looks like Tyrod Taylor to me, although that could be a lazy comparison because they were both Raven backups.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Are you serious on that first line? Zero chance the Ravens are letting Lamar leave for nothing. He's a premier running threat who is a former league MVP and still young.

And of those others you mentioned: Baker, seriously? Did you watch him at all last year? Heinicke and Rush are solid backups, but there's no upside there. We already tried the Drew Lock thing. Huntley is the only one there sort of intriguing, but is also madly inconsistent. He looks like Tyrod Taylor to me, although that could be a lazy comparison because they were both Raven backups.

I don't think the Ravens will tag and trade Lamar.

And as for Baker, yes I still believe in any of those listed QB's with the offence and weapons from Seattle. All of them would exceed expectations.

Look at Geno's stats with the Jets, we can do the same comparing his stats.

As for Lock, they rushed him after he got covid. It was his 1 bad game.

getnasty

Reaction score

And as for Baker, yes I still believe in any of those listed QB's with the offence and weapons from Seattle. All of them would exceed expectations.

So you think they're just gonna let him walk when they could get a couple of 1st for him?

Rat

Reaction score
Sorry, that's absolute lunacy. Any GM would get fired on that spot for letting a QB of his caliber walk for nothing when they can get a bounty. He would probably draw the kind of compensation that Watson and Russ did last year.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
So you think they're just gonna let him walk when they could get a couple of 1st for him?
Sorry, that's absolute lunacy. Any GM would get fired on that spot for letting a QB of his caliber walk for nothing when they can get a bounty. He would probably draw the kind of compensation that Watson and Russ did last year.
Lamar Jackson is an average QB that can run.

He will want the most guaranteed money that NO ONE WILL pay him.

If Lamar Jackson was like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Burrow, it's a different story.

I would compare Lamar to Russell .

getnasty

Reaction score

So you think they're just gonna let him walk when they could get a couple of 1st for him
Lamar Jackson is an average QB that can run.

He will want the most guaranteed money that NO ONE WILL pay him.

If Lamar Jackson was like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Burrow, it's a different story.

I would compare Lamar to Russell .
You do realize we just got a boat load of picks for Russell and Lamar is way younger right.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
So you think they're just gonna let him walk when they could get a couple of 1st for him

You do realize we just got a boat load of picks for Russell and Lamar is way younger right.
Yea, but Russ is different though. He doesn't get injured, and he knows how to protect himself.

Lamar on the other hand.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'd definitely make an attempt to sign Geno to a reasonable contract(3 years/65-75M with 45M guaranteed) but if he wants to walk then sign Lock & roll with him. I'd like to see what he could do after being in Waldron's system for a year just like Geno.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
If we were to move on from Geno, I'd just sign Drew Lock and roll with him and a rookie due to his familiarity with the system.

ScipioAfricanus

Reaction score
LOL - Heinicke has a noodle arm. Total gamer though, but is one of the worst red zone QB's in the league.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
I'd definitely make an attempt to sign Geno to a reasonable contract(3 years/65-75M with 45M guaranteed) but if he wants to walk then sign Lock & roll with him. I'd like to see what he could do after being in Waldron's system for a year just like Geno.

Reasonable contract.

And you mention that 21-25mill per year? Yeah not happening that reasonable contract is now worth 35-40mill per year.

Latest posts