Funny Story -- Blair Walsh

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
There are a few jerseys I would like to have that aren't Hawks. Bo Jackson, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders... Just to name a few. But I wouldn't wear them. They would sit in a drawer or on my wall. I got a Calvin Johnson one for xmas 2014 but that just sits in the dresser.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
kearly":kmr2udxc said:
Personally, I hate that kickers and defense are even part of fantasy football. Their value each week is extremely random and all it does is essentially invalidate or murk up strategic decisions made at more predictive positions. You could have the better team and make better decisions, but still lose because you got random crap luck at K and D/ST while your opponent had random awesome luck.

If I won a fantasy championship solely because my kicker happened to have a random lucky game that weekend, I'd take the win, but I wouldn't feel great about it. I Definitely wouldn't buy the kicker's jersey.

It is a funny story though. A Walsh jersey actually makes great sense as an offbeat piece of Hawks memorabilia now, especially if Seattle goes all the way this season.

Fantasy football (in the head to head format) is absolutely more luck than skill. I have been in a 12 team league where I was in the top 4 scores every week, finished with high score of the year and missed the playoffs (fortunately finished making money with several high scores of the week and the high score of the year prizes.) It isn't like your team can impact the team you are head to head against.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
count me in on the dont get it bus.. I also think fantasy football is a waste of time for grown men and it has ruined the way football is watched and judged.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1aicc0zg said:
gowazzu02":1aicc0zg said:
GREAT story!!!! And I love fantasy football.

I ended up yelling so loud when he missed it, both my kids started crying. After which we did the "daddy's not mad" dance around the kitchen island!

HAHA I think many of us did the "daddy is not mad" dance around our kitchens yesterday afternoon.

I had to apologize to the dog.

That is priceless! My daughter, who does not follow sport, always said when she was young "They can't hear you, dad!"

Charles

rideaducati

Reaction score
Wartooth":2rwb4bt0 said:
My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
His birthday is coming up!
Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?

Still laughing... He'll love it! And you can probably find it at 95% off today.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ambrose83":bmnybfta said:
count me in on the dont get it bus.. I also think fantasy football is a waste of time for grown men and it has ruined the way football is watched and judged.

It is a great way for fans of bad teams to remain interested in the NFL. Plus, being in a league with a bunch of your buddies with significant coin on the line makes for great fun and smack talk. Having a huge trophy for last place is fun too.

Watch "The League"...very similar to many fantasy football leagues...it's fun.

253hawk

Reaction score
Fantasy sports are fine, but being absolutely swarmed with ads at every turn (especially in a state that doesn't allow online gambling to begin with) and hearing people blather on about their teams or who they need to do what as games are happening is an assault on sanity. No one cares about your fantasy teams, just like they don't care about pictures of your newly-born crotch spawn on facebook. Keep it to yourself and everyone is happy.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2c4qbjkr said:
I can't fathom why in the hell any fan of the Seahawks would spend money on another team's jersey. This is why I hate fantasy football.

I can't fathom someone being a football fan and hating fantasy football.

Rat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1z0ubdnn said:
So are you ruxin, Andre, or taco?
Buying this jersey feels like an act of a relationship chameleon, so I'll guess he's Andre. The jersey probably came with a matching fedora.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rat":7j7sqih5 said:
JSeahawks":7j7sqih5 said:
So are you ruxin, Andre, or taco?
Buying this jersey feels like an act of a relationship chameleon, so I'll guess he's Andre. The jersey probably came with a matching fedora.

I'm definitely Rafi.

kearly

Reaction score
Bitter":17lhitxc said:
kearly":17lhitxc said:
Personally, I hate that kickers and defense are even part of fantasy football. Their value each week is extremely random and all it does is essentially invalidate or murk up strategic decisions made at more predictive positions. You could have the better team and make better decisions, but still lose because you got random crap luck at K and D/ST while your opponent had random awesome luck.

If I won a fantasy championship solely because my kicker happened to have a random lucky game that weekend, I'd take the win, but I wouldn't feel great about it. I Definitely wouldn't buy the kicker's jersey.

It is a funny story though. A Walsh jersey actually makes great sense as an offbeat piece of Hawks memorabilia now, especially if Seattle goes all the way this season.

Fantasy football (in the head to head format) is absolutely more luck than skill. I have been in a 12 team league where I was in the top 4 scores every week, finished with high score of the year and missed the playoffs (fortunately finished making money with several high scores of the week and the high score of the year prizes.) It isn't like your team can impact the team you are head to head against.

Oh its definitely a huge amount of luck. I've been top 4 in scoring in all 8 of my FF seasons (and led the league in 4 of those), but just won my first championship this year. I totally agree that luck is a part of the game.

What I am referring to is non-predictive variance, or basically, "pure" luck. There is far more random variance at K and D/ST than other positions. So if I barely won because my kicker randomly outscored the other kicker by 15 points, I'd probably feel more bad for my opponent than feel good about the win.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Wartooth":13g9ao0x said:
My Brother's a Vikings Fan...
His birthday is coming up!
Where did you get that Walsh Jersey for half off?

Omg do it. Ultimate troll job

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's worse that people who don't play fantasy bother to badmouth it or that I sometimes get agitated that they do. Granted, I am a casual player who is in a state Air Guard league with some fellow troops, and half of us are Hawks fans, and I am pretty terrible at it. FF has zero impact on the real game and fandom thereof. It does encourage participants to watch more, and to learn more about the league than they otherwise would, though...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If you wear this to the first Seahawks home game next season, you won't need to buy a drink all day.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Threedee":uw7dfr5t said:
I'm not sure if it's worse that people who don't play fantasy bother to badmouth it or that I sometimes get agitated that they do. Granted, I am a casual player who is in a state Air Guard league with some fellow troops, and half of us are Hawks fans, and I am pretty terrible at it. FF has zero impact on the real game and fandom thereof. It does encourage participants to watch more, and to learn more about the league than they otherwise would, though...

Ah but it causes people to learn the game the wrong way. They become misinformed stat monkies who think numbers in the box scores are more important than what happens on the field. Up until this year, the fantasy minded among us are the same people who would call Doug Baldwin pedestrian simply because his stats weren't sexy. But anyone actually watching games with an ounce of football knowledge knew better.

Old school football pools are much better for learning able the game.

But honestly, I wouldn't begrudge FF so much if people would just shut the hell up about "their team" or "owning" some dude in fantasy. STOP IT! That dude makes enough money to own YOU in real life!

rideaducati

Reaction score
CANHawk":296egopk said:
Threedee":296egopk said:

Ah but it causes people to learn the game the wrong way. They become misinformed stat monkies who think numbers in the box scores are more important than what happens on the field. Up until this year, the fantasy minded among us are the same people who would call Doug Baldwin pedestrian simply because his stats weren't sexy. But anyone actually watching games with an ounce of football knowledge knew better.

Old school football pools are much better for learning able the game.

But honestly, I wouldn't begrudge FF so much if people would just shut the hell up about "their team" or "owning" some dude in fantasy. STOP IT! That dude makes enough money to own YOU in real life!

Semantics... When did everyone become so offended by every little thing? I have heard NFL players bragging about "owning" other players in their fantasy leagues. I just don't care about anyone else's team...that's why I don't want to hear about their team.

Latest posts