Future SB's

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ycli40m0 said:
If the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl that is in San Francisco, assuming they get one, I wonder how many Seahawks fans get stabbed in the parking lot? ;)

Probably the same number of 9er fans that get stabbed at the Clink, 0.

Do some research, the stabbing was the result of two groups of Atlanta fans argueing in the parking lot at a tailgate party. The stabbing shit is getting old, atleast try to demonstrate you have an imagination by coming up with something better, I realize this is the off season and things may be slow but I am sure you can do better.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":7qa3huxc said:
I would love for the hawks to win a SB in SFs house.

That's the difference between a 49er fan and a Hawk fan, I would love the 9ers to win a SB regardless of who's house it is. You guys are so bent on besting the 9ers your priorities are all F'd up.

And unlike alot of Hawk fans that rooted for the AFC in the last SB, if the Hawks or any other NFC West team made it to the SB I would root for them to win, again regardless of who's house, including ours.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lvnginhwktwn, perhaps if Candlestick park didn't have people stabbing an opposing team's fan at least once every year over the past three years, (2010, 2011, and 2012) we'd stop discussing it.

I'd find it a tired topic too, due to embarrassment, if Seahawks fans were doing this as an annual celebration.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b9ca27e said:
Lvnginhwktwn, perhaps if Candlestick park didn't have people stabbing an opposing team's fan at least once every year over the past three years, (2010, 2011, and 2012) we'd stop discussing it.

I'd find it a tired topic too, due to embarrassment, if Seahawks fans were doing this as an annual celebration.

First off you have to understand where the stick is, the stick is in South City which has never been a great area and seems to be getting worse every year. Alot of those so called 49er fans are really Raider fans that cross the Bay bridge and pretend to be 49er fans and usually come looking for trouble. Also alot of the stabbings you mention are done by the criminal element that sees that area and fans as potential paydays, even 49er fans are warned by police not to venture past the roped off areas or areas outside the stadium parking because no one is safe and not because of fans, either home or visiting.

It would be kinda like the Clink being in Tacoma, not a lot you would be able to do about the surrounding areas of the stadium.

I am glad that we are getting a new stadium, though I will miss the stick to some degree, I have a lot of fond memories there. I believe when we start playing in the new stadium attitudes about going to games there will change for the better. I think you will see more of the true 9er fans, the type of fans that welcome rival teams like the Hawks and I personally look forward to see many games between the 9ers and Hawks at both your house and ours.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
These stabbings involve fans attending the games. They'd be attending the games regardless of whether or not the stadium's in the ghetto. If these were random stabbings by guys who weren't at the game, that'd be different; but they're not. The whole argument is moot.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1uambjy9 said:
These stabbings involve fans attending the games. They'd be attending the games regardless of whether or not the stadium's in the ghetto. If these were random stabbings by guys who weren't at the game, that'd be different; but they're not. The whole argument is moot.

None of those articles state that the people involved attended the game. I think what the poster above you was saying is that this is likely due to the neighborhood surrounding the park. The first incident was while the game was being played... so likely not people actually attending the game, as clearly they were busy doing something else. The third one was down the street from the park... in the surrounding area that poster was talking about.

Incidents like this are definitley a problem in that area... but it has nothing to do with the 49ers. These stabbings/shootings happen every week in that area. It's not a surprise on a day when you have 70,0000 extra people walking through the neighborhoods that you would still have those incidents.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uh, yeah, ok. If you click the link to the source article in the 2010 one, it says it happened AT Candlestick park during a preseason game, and the main perp is described as "One of the men suspected of injuring the victims is described as a Hispanic male in his 30s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a skinny build and wearing a jersey with a San Francisco 49ers logo on it."

I'm sure a guy at the stadium wearing a 49ers jersey is just a random example of street violence due to the area the stadium is in, though. :roll: Come on, give me a break.

The 2011 incident happened as follows, quoting the article here, "According to police, a 26-year-old San Rafael man was beaten and knocked unconscious inside an upper-level men’s restroom during the game between 7:15 p.m. and 7:30 p.m." Yeah, another example of local-area violence due to stadium location. Despite the fact that it happened in an upper-level men's restroom during the game.

The 2012 incident happened at, I quote, "the southwest side of the stadium", and "According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the victim was on his way to the 49ers game with his friends when two men, also 49ers fans, started the verbal altercation." I'm sure "also 49ers fans" stabbing people at "the southwest side of the stadium" is also another incident of random violence due to the location of the stadium. :roll: :roll:

Did you even read these, Seahawksflow/lvnginhwktwn? I mean, seriously.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2f70igt8 said:
Uh, yeah, ok. If you click the link to the source article in the 2010 one, it says it happened AT Candlestick park during a preseason game, and the main perp is described as "One of the men suspected of injuring the victims is described as a Hispanic male in his 30s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a skinny build and wearing a jersey with a San Francisco 49ers logo on it."

I'm sure a guy at the stadium wearing a 49ers jersey is just a random example of street violence due to the area the stadium is in, though. :roll: Come on, give me a break.

The 2011 incident happened as follows, quoting the article here, "According to police, a 26-year-old San Rafael man was beaten and knocked unconscious inside an upper-level men’s restroom during the game between 7:15 p.m. and 7:30 p.m." Yeah, another example of local-area violence due to stadium location. Despite the fact that it happened in an upper-level men's restroom during the game.

The 2012 incident happened at, I quote, "the southwest side of the stadium", and "According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the victim was on his way to the 49ers game with his friends when two men, also 49ers fans, started the verbal altercation." I'm sure "also 49ers fans" stabbing people at "the southwest side of the stadium" is also another incident of random violence due to the location of the stadium. :roll: :roll:

So I guess we need not worry about saving you a seat at either stadium. If these type of articles scare you, I hope you dont live in Seattle or its surrounding areas and watch the news or read the local papers because you probably would never leave the house.

And based on your arguement you should stay out of Seattle coffee shops, because people get shot and dosent matter what team you root for.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm scared. :roll:

I was shot in lower left side when I was 7 years old. I'm not worried about insecure losers with knives that can't take any criticism or smack about their team.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vyzto3q said:
Yeah, I'm scared. :roll:

I was shot in lower left side when I was 7 years old. I'm not worried about insecure losers with knives that can't take any criticism or smack about their team.

Ya you're a real bad ass! Getting hit by your buddies BB gun hardly counts as a gunshot wound.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38y8v43m said:

Wearing a jersey has nothing to do with attending the game. Just like EVERY stadium in the NFL, people come just to tailgate and then leave. If a football stadium was across the street from my house... and I couldn't afford tickets... I sure would be hanging out there too. Booze, parties, chicks, football. Have you been to candlestick? Because I have. The stadium is literally surrounded by low income housing at this point. There are hundreds of people just hanging outside on porches, driveways, lawns, streets you name it.

Every stadium has rowdy fan behavior. It is no surprise that there are more issues at a stadium that now is surrounded by a ghetto. But that doesn't mean it has anything to do with the team or the fan base as a whole.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
seahawksflow":3k2ohln6 said:
RolandDeschain":3k2ohln6 said:

Wearing a jersey has nothing to do with attending the game. Just like EVERY stadium in the NFL, people come just to tailgate and then leave. If a football stadium was across the street from my house... and I couldn't afford tickets... I sure would be hanging out there too. Booze, parties, chicks, football. Have you been to candlestick? Because I have. The stadium is literally surrounded by low income housing at this point. There are hundreds of people just hanging outside on porches, driveways, lawns, streets you name it.

Every stadium has rowdy fan behavior. It is no surprise that there are more issues at a stadium that now is surrounded by a ghetto. But that doesn't mean it has anything to do with the stadium or the fan base as a whole.

Not sure why we're wasting our tme with this guy?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":t3in5u98 said:
Getting hit by your buddies BB gun hardly counts as a gunshot wound.
It was a .22, which for the body of a 7-year-old, is fairly powerful.

lvnginhwktwn":t3in5u98 said:
Because despite your best efforts to the contrary, some small part of you still responds to logic. Moving the stadium to a nicer part of town (or in this case, another city entirely) will still result in the 49ers fans that are low-life thugs going tailgating. What, you think they don't know how to get out of the ghetto to travel to a new stadium? Sorry, but if rich high-brow types can find Candlestick in the ghetto, the reverse can be achieved.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ha0a0hz said:
lvnginhwktwn":3ha0a0hz said:
Getting hit by your buddies BB gun hardly counts as a gunshot wound.
It was a .22, which for the body of a 7-year-old, is fairly powerful.

lvnginhwktwn":3ha0a0hz said:
Because despite your best efforts to the contrary, some small part of you still responds to logic. Moving the stadium to a nicer part of town (or in this case, another city entirely) will still result in the 49ers fans that are low-life thugs going tailgating. What, you think they don't know how to get out of the ghetto to travel to a new stadium? Sorry, but if rich high-brow types can find Candlestick in the ghetto, the reverse can be achieved.

First off most of the so called "fans" are really trouble makers using the opposing team rivalry as an exuse to make trouble, Seattle has the same thing. Now since you seem to favor logical thinking, think about this. Moving the stadium to Santa Clara from South City is like moving the Tacoma Dome to Bainbridge Island, differet class of people, yes some of the riff raff will still be able to make it to Santa Clara but since it is 50 miles from South City and 50 miles from Oakland, not 20 min away on the Bay Bridge I guarantee most of the trouble makers wont make it to the new stadium. Add that and the increased ticket prices, I am sure things will be much different at the new stadium.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The product on the field isn't changing. It will draw the same crowd regardless of how nice the surrounding area it is. It's not like buying a freaking home, where you can buy a more expensive one and know your neighbors aren't a bunch of low-life thugs, dude. Apparently this concept is just that difficult to get across...Geez.

NorCal

Reaction score
Roland, you are being naive. Its not just the location change, but rather, the increase in prices and ticket demand that will have the greatest effect. Niner tickets are relatively cheap right now. The new stadium will be significantly more expensive.

And it absolutely makes a difference that the new stadium is surrounded by office parks instead of a terrible residential neighborhood.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
No - see, if you had pointed higher ticket prices out as a reason before, I'd be with you. That does factor in. Physical location does not, by comparison.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2cdtxayx said:
No - see, if you had pointed higher ticket prices out as a reason before, I'd be with you. That does factor in. Physical location does not, by comparison.

"Add that and the increased ticket prices, I am sure things will be much different at the new stadium."

Said that two post ago, talk about not reading.....Geez