GEEEeeezzz... lose to them?...GB?

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dqxgzc64 said:
As a TEAM, not just Russ. I'm sure that's what you were thinking :lol:
I said “we”, didn’t I?

sprhawk73

Reaction score
We may never know but if PC froze while the offense was on the field and the entire offensive coaching staff didn't show up to any game this season we would be headed to the SB.

John63

Reaction score
"
“While Jackson had an entire offense built around his strengths and had a coaching staff that embraced analytics to extend drives and steal fine winning margins, Wilson was dealing with a situation that consistently put him behind the eight ball then asked him to dig the team out of a hole,” PFF writer Sam Monson wrote. “The fact that he was able to do just that as consistently as he did only stands testament to his MVP-caliber season.”

Sure seems like one could infer that the guy is claiming the Hawks offense isn't built around RW's strengths. Another implication sort of centers on what many of us have complained about for a long time regrading PC's offensive philosophy: Very little risk/innovation in the first half of games which leads to the need for a furious 4th quarter comeback..."

Form the article were PFF says Wilson is MVP. The sentiment is shared by nearly al the experts.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/21/russell-wilson-named-mvp-by-pro-football-focus/

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Building an offense around Jackson's strengths is basically setting him up for a major injury in the next 2 years. The Hawks, PC specifically, designed an offense in which RW was not running the ball nearly as much, lengthening his career.

And to that, while the O-line is still a disaster and causing so many issues for Wilson, the team is paying the QB many feel is being treated unfairly over 30 million a year, of which he has happily taken, despite its impact on being able to pay for a better o-line.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":1re0mkjk said:
MontanaHawk05":1re0mkjk said:
John63":1re0mkjk said:
Tical21":1re0mkjk said:
Dude, there are examples all over Twitter of wide open primary targets that Russ was staring at this week and wouldn’t pull the trigger. I’m pretty sure even the most ardent of Wilson supporters would concede this point.

So in other wrods you have nothing, got it.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cmikesspinmove/status/1218250710753533952[/tweet]

Here's one good example. He makes throws like this all the time, so we know he can do it. But he didn't make the play there.

Well for one the poster said Kenny clark killed it so it was not wide open as the criteria Tical said. Also if he makes the throws all time but kissed one then again tical criteria does not work as he eluded he never does it.

Wilson is the best Seahawks QB of all the time and unquestionably elite.

But it's inherently a lot easier to see taken opportunities than missed ones. Watch the video yourself; Wilson has the time to make that throw. It's a boom-boom play with not an enormous window, but he can do it, especially if he shifts just a little bit to his right in the pocket, and I know that because he's done it before. Those are the throws an NFL quarterback has to make in this league against a good postseason competitor, because good postseason competitors WILL get pass rush going from time to time.

Instead, Wilson flinched and decided he could do better outside the pocket, like he so often does. He bet on himself and his athleticism because it's come through for him before, and it let him down on all the wrong plays.

This is Wilson. He makes stunning play after stunning play that gives people the illusion that he'd be amazing if only given more opportunities, then he turns around and leaves plays on the field which are harder to spot. He's a double-edged sword, sometimes undoing his own good work. Like our defense undoes itself.

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3leyiivb said:
John63":3leyiivb said:
MontanaHawk05":3leyiivb said:
John63":3leyiivb said:
So in other wrods you have nothing, got it.

Here's one good example. He makes throws like this all the time, so we know he can do it. But he didn't make the play there.

Well for one the poster said Kenny clark killed it so it was not wide open as the criteria Tical said. Also if he makes the throws all time but kissed one then again tical criteria does not work as he eluded he never does it.

But it's inherently a lot easier to see taken opportunities than missed ones. Watch the video yourself; Wilson has the time to make that throw. It's a boom-boom play with not an enormous window, but he can do it, especially if he shifts just a little bit to his right in the pocket, and I know that because he's done it before. Those are the throws an NFL quarterback has to make in this league against a good postseason competitor, because good postseason competitors WILL get pass rush going from time to time.

Instead, Wilson flinched and decided he could do better outside the pocket, like he so often does. He bet on himself and his athleticism because it's come through for him before, and it let him down on all the wrong plays.

This is Wilson. He makes stunning play after stunning play that gives people the illusion that he'd be amazing if only given more opportunities, then he turns around and leaves plays on the field which are harder to spot. He's a double-edged sword, sometimes undoing his own good work. Like our defense undoes itself.

That's great and all but since we cant see what Wilson see and what the progression is it means littl.

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":s8t7ql8j said:
MontanaHawk05":s8t7ql8j said:
John63":s8t7ql8j said:
MontanaHawk05":s8t7ql8j said:

That's great and all but since we cant see what Wilson see and what the progression is it means littl.
Sorry dude but we know what the coverage and the progression are. Cmon. This isn't close to the most egregious play in the first half. There is a dig early in the first quarter where Metcalf comes open and there isn't a defender within 7 yards of him. He's the primary target, Russell is staring right at him, there is 0 pressure and he doesn't pull the trigger. Metcalf, to his credit, doesn't pull a Doug Baldwin or Sidney Rice, but he's there like "wtf?"

The worst play by Russell though was the play where Green Bay blitzed a backside linebacker, and Marshawn went out into the route. Marshawn going into the route means they are blitzing more guys than we have to block. For good QB's, it's an automatic hot. They send more than you have, you get rid of it. I don't know if Russell forgot the protection or maybe thought the guy would just whiff, but he just stands there and takes a sack on the chin. That's sacking yourself. That's high school quarterback stuff. Russell is the greatest quarterback of all time late in plays. But he's among the worst "elite" qbs ever at the beginning of plays.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":hcgc0xtb said:
austinslater25":hcgc0xtb said:
KiwiHawk":hcgc0xtb said:
Getting tired of the revisionist history/bovine faeces coming from some of you.

We didn't have a conservative game plan to open against Green Bay. Here's our first series:
1: 11-yard pass to Hollister
2: Lynch for no gain
3: Wilson sacked
4: Wilson incomplete deep left to Metcalf
5: Punt

That's 4 offensive plays - 3 pass and one run.

6: Lynch for 8 yards
7: Lynch for 1 yard
8: Lynch for no gain
9: Punt

Before you start the celebration that you got a conservative series to wave around, let me ask you this: When you have one yard to gain and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, do you run or pass? If passing is the Worst Play Call In All of NFL History, then you hand it to Lynch, right?

10: Wilson incomplete deep left to Turner
11: Wilson deep left to Lockett for 28 yards
12: Wilson incomplete deep right
13: Lynch for 4
14: Wilson incomplete short left to Hollister
15: Field goal

4 out of 5 plays were passes. Just one run.

16: Lynch for 1 yard
17: Wilson deep left to Lockett for 31
18: Wilson scrambles for 3 (play call was a pass, Wilson had to scramble)
19: Wilson to Metcalf for 13
20: Moore right end for 6
21: Wilson sacked for -4
22: Wilson incomplete short left to Homer
23: Field goal missed

5 out of 7 pass plays. Just two runs, for 10 yards.

24: Wilson to Lockett for 14
25: Wilson to Metcalf for 8
26: Wilson sacked for -2
27: Wilson scrambles for 13
28: Wilson spikes the ball to stop the clock
29: Wilson pass incomplete (Hail Mary)

6 consecutive pass plays to finish out the half.

So far, it's 18-7 pass to run, and some of the runs were situational 2nd-and-2, 3rd-and-1. After this expansive passing offense, letting Wilson loose, what's the score? 21-3 Green Bay.

So spare me the bovine excrement about how we called too conservative a game in the first half. We called pass plays, and we only ran situationally, and the offense didn't get the job done.

People look at conservative as only run vs pass numbers but that's short sighted. It's what Pete pushes on Wilson and all his players early in games that's the cause of the slow starts. Don't take chances, live to see another day, don't turn the ball over etc. It causes Wilson to play somewhat scared/conservative and the offense can't get going. In the second half they often don't have a choice and Wilson takes more chances and unsurprisingly the offense does better. Pete coaches Wilson like he has garoppolo when he should be coaching him like he has Mahomes.
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happens. Pete goes up to him before every game "hey, if we call a dig route, we get the coverage we anticipated, and it's wide open, don't you dare throw that ball."

That's not what I said but carry on with your bullshit. Pete, Russ, Brock, Jake have all talked about this. They're all wrong but a dude on a message board is right. It's funny you complain about guys like Evan and Ben but then act in a similar fashion. I still remember you claiming Bortles was as good as Wilson. That was fun.

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":edhw1p6t said:
Tical21":edhw1p6t said:
austinslater25":edhw1p6t said:
KiwiHawk":edhw1p6t said:
Getting tired of the revisionist history/bovine faeces coming from some of you.

We didn't have a conservative game plan to open against Green Bay. Here's our first series:
1: 11-yard pass to Hollister
2: Lynch for no gain
3: Wilson sacked
4: Wilson incomplete deep left to Metcalf
5: Punt

That's 4 offensive plays - 3 pass and one run.

6: Lynch for 8 yards
7: Lynch for 1 yard
8: Lynch for no gain
9: Punt

Before you start the celebration that you got a conservative series to wave around, let me ask you this: When you have one yard to gain and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, do you run or pass? If passing is the Worst Play Call In All of NFL History, then you hand it to Lynch, right?

10: Wilson incomplete deep left to Turner
11: Wilson deep left to Lockett for 28 yards
12: Wilson incomplete deep right
13: Lynch for 4
14: Wilson incomplete short left to Hollister
15: Field goal

4 out of 5 plays were passes. Just one run.

16: Lynch for 1 yard
17: Wilson deep left to Lockett for 31
18: Wilson scrambles for 3 (play call was a pass, Wilson had to scramble)
19: Wilson to Metcalf for 13
20: Moore right end for 6
21: Wilson sacked for -4
22: Wilson incomplete short left to Homer
23: Field goal missed

5 out of 7 pass plays. Just two runs, for 10 yards.

24: Wilson to Lockett for 14
25: Wilson to Metcalf for 8
26: Wilson sacked for -2
27: Wilson scrambles for 13
28: Wilson spikes the ball to stop the clock
29: Wilson pass incomplete (Hail Mary)

6 consecutive pass plays to finish out the half.

So far, it's 18-7 pass to run, and some of the runs were situational 2nd-and-2, 3rd-and-1. After this expansive passing offense, letting Wilson loose, what's the score? 21-3 Green Bay.

So spare me the bovine excrement about how we called too conservative a game in the first half. We called pass plays, and we only ran situationally, and the offense didn't get the job done.

People look at conservative as only run vs pass numbers but that's short sighted. It's what Pete pushes on Wilson and all his players early in games that's the cause of the slow starts. Don't take chances, live to see another day, don't turn the ball over etc. It causes Wilson to play somewhat scared/conservative and the offense can't get going. In the second half they often don't have a choice and Wilson takes more chances and unsurprisingly the offense does better. Pete coaches Wilson like he has garoppolo when he should be coaching him like he has Mahomes.
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happens. Pete goes up to him before every game "hey, if we call a dig route, we get the coverage we anticipated, and it's wide open, don't you dare throw that ball."

That's not what I said but carry on with your $h!t. Pete, Russ, Brock, Jake have all talked about this. They're all wrong but a dude on a message board is right. It's funny you complain about guys like Evan and Ben but then act in a similar fashion. I still remember you claiming Bortles was as good as Wilson. That was fun.
I said Bortles was as good as Wilson? You're making ish up.

Why is your go-to argument always what Brock Huard and Jake Heaps have to say? Since you don't know football, you just say "he's on the radio, he must be right!" Get it through your head. I do not care what anybody says. I watch my own football and form my own opinions. The day I have Brock Huard form my opinions for me is the day I jump off a freaking cliff. How can you be an NFL quarterback, host a chalk-talk 101 and mis-identify a basic coverage??!! But Tony Dungy said.....get the heck outta here.

If you want to dissect every thing Brock Huard and I have disagreed about, and you go back and re-live them and see who ended up being proven right, I guarantee you 100% that I will have been proven right far more often. Take it however you'd like compadre.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Ah the you don't know football approach you haven't changed at all. Its obvious what I'm doing. You claim to be the only expert on all of this when multiple people close to the team who've actually played disagree with you. You claiming Russ sucks against zone yet the numbers prove you're wrong is a prime example. When presented with evidence that doesn't support your stance you ignore it and claim no one knows football like you do. You're a clown yet talk to everyone else as if they are. Maybe stick with discord where you can tell the other 4 people you're right and everyone else is wrong?

I've also been very critical of Brock for years and rarely agree with him. I'm using it to troll you. You absolutely compared Bortles to Wilson in the past and I understand why you don't want to admit it, because it makes you look ridiculous.

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":2gvac4gn said:
Ah the you don't know football approach you haven't changed at all. Its obvious what I'm doing. You claim to be the only expert on all of this when multiple people close to the team who've actually played disagree with you. You claiming Russ sucks against zone yet the numbers prove you're wrong is a prime example. When presented with evidence that doesn't support your stance you ignore it and claim no one knows football like you do. You're a clown yet talk to everyone else as if they are. Maybe stick with discord where you can tell the other 4 people you're right and everyone else is wrong?

I've also been very critical of Brock for years and rarely agree with him. I'm using it to troll you. You absolutely compared Bortles to Wilson in the past and I understand why you don't want to admit it, because it makes you look ridiculous.
Sure I did. That's totally something I would do.

Russell has fantastic numbers against zone. He has fantastic numbers against everything. He's far better against man. You can tell that by watching a single game if you know football. Go ahead, ask anyone that watches tape (you won't.)

What evidence has ever been shown that doesn't support my stance? I'm a clown? A clown that has to create Twitter alts because nobody will talk to me.

You're using it to troll me? Hahahahah. Dude I can't. You should probably read what you wrote again. And I'm the clown. K.

Ozzy

Reaction score
lol twitter alts. Again I need to find this guy and the fact you guys think its me is absolutely hilarious. But you have no problem keeping up with Ben and Evan even though you say you hate their takes. Hypocrite.

You sort of prove my point though. You're critical of Ben for making a statement because you pick it a part and find an oppurtunity to show where he's wrong. Yet you make a blanket statement about Russ and Zone, and when it gets picked apart you get pissed....again, you're a hypocrite. This stuff is nuanced beyond belief.

So yes, you're a clown. My point stands.

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":3eus4978 said:
lol twitter alts. Again I need to find this guy and the fact you guys think its me is absolutely hilarious. But you have no problem keeping up with Ben and Evan even though you say you hate their takes. Hypocrite.

You sort of prove my point though. You're critical of Ben for making a statement because you pick it a part and find an oppurtunity to show where he's wrong. Yet you make a blanket statement about Russ and Zone, and when it gets picked apart you get pissed....again, you're a hypocrite. This stuff is nuanced beyond belief.

What gets picked apart? When did I get pissed? You have me confused with someone else?

Go make another alt bruv. I mean, I'm flattered, really. I didn't know I was worth creating an alt for. Just stop denying it and grow up. I do not want to interact with you on Twitter. It's bad enough to have you follow me around here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":75gfyez9 said:
austinslater25":75gfyez9 said:

What gets picked apart? When did I get pissed? You have me confused with someone else?

Go make another alt bruv. I mean, I'm flattered, really. I didn't know I was worth creating an alt for. Just stop denying it and grow up. I do not want to interact with you on Twitter. It's bad enough to have you follow me around here.

Follow you? You followed me in here. I bet you tweet at Ben constantly, am I right? You're a moron and delusional if you think I have an alt account for you. I can't be the first person who thinks you're a joke, I mean you get brought up in here all the time for your dumb takes. Figure it out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Also I did ask a respected film guy and he said anyone who says Wilson sucks against zone is wrong. There are too many variables to make a blanket statement like this. Are we talking MOFC? MOFO? Which zones? Does he struggle against certain elements of zones but excel against others? That was the point all along about Ben. He's right about some things, wrong about others just like every other person on twitter, .net or one of the 4 people at notnet. The numbers actually say he's better big picture against zone than he is against man. Yet you can't be wrong and everyone else is a moron. I'm off to find this twitter account that apparently wrecked you lol.

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":1lcu756w said:
Also I did ask a respected film guy and he said anyone who says Wilson sucks against zone is wrong. There are too many variables to make a blanket statement like this. Are we talking MOFC? MOFO? Which zones? Does he struggle against certain elements of zones but excel against others? That was the point all along about Ben. He's right about some things, wrong about others just like every other person on twitter, .net or one of the 4 people at notnet. The numbers actually say he's better big picture against zone than he is against man. Yet you can't be wrong and everyone else is a moron. I'm off to find this twitter account that apparently wrecked you lol.
Who was it? Re-phrase and ask if your "respected film guy" believes Russell Wilson has a problem diagnosing zones. No "Wilson sucks against zone" nonsense.

Dude, stop. We know it was you. I blocked one person on twitter...you. Your alt asked me "why do you always block everybody that disagrees with you on Twitter." I blocked one person. There is only one person that would ever know I blocked anybody. You. You can keep calling me names if it makes you feel better about yourself. You and I both know, and that's enough for me. I'm not taking your bait man, you can stop. Doesn't Jake Heaps have a podcast for you to listen to?

Latest posts