GEEEeeezzz... lose to them?...GB?

Ozzy

Reaction score
This shit is weird and you're delusional. Again there is a reason you're the butt of jokes around here and that's enough for me. The name calling didn't start until you threw them out, not me.

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":1lj0pt2f said:
This $h!t is weird and you're delusional. Again there is a reason you're the butt of jokes around here and that's enough for me. The name calling didn't start until you threw them out, not me.
I mean I'll be happy to post all the screenshots from our conversations here. We all had a pretty good laugh about them.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You mean the 4 of you in the discord? I think it's time to block you. You're weird.

John63

Reaction score
austinslater25":2im3h2l1 said:
You mean the 4 of you in the discord? I think it's time to block you. You're weird.

The 4 are all him with other names..

Tical21

Reaction score
LOL your buddy comin to help you out now. I'm dying...

Ozzy

Reaction score
Says the guy who runs to a discord group with 4 people to talk shit about someone who can't respond. Irony at it's best. You keep claiming you're too mature for this stuff Scott yet here we are. Aren't you like 60? Shouldn't you have better stuff to do?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3b3p64yo said:
Your argument ended the moment you excused 3 straight runs by Lynch on a drive.

It’s easy to paint propaganda and a narrative, if your only goal is to win an argument. Try seeking TRUTH instead, and maybe, even if we all disagree you won’t come across as stubborn. Let’s review the play by play:

The first 4 out of 7 plays were run. Off the bat, coming into Lambeau field with a gameplan that conservative is..weak. Use the pass to set up the run, especially if your 3 running backs were injured. Green Bay was already up by 7.

After those 3 straight runs, it was a 4th & 1. A “conservative” gameplan is not going for it. The Chiefs, Ravens, etc. go for it there.
Lynch runs on 1st down for 8 yards.

You have 2nd-and-2 and your RB just went for 8 yards. Is it rational or just conservative to run the ball there? I think it's rational. You're not out of your own end, so a deep pass isn't a great call, and your RB just ran for 8, and you want to slow down the pass rush. Running is a good call here.

Lynch gains 1 yard on 2nd-and-2

Ok, it's 3rd-and-1, and the ghost of past Super Bowls says when you need 1 yard and you have Lynch, you run the damn ball. Is it rational to run here, or just conservative? Running is a good call here. Even against a stacked box, Lynch can usually get one yard.

Lynch gets stuffed on 3rd-and-1

Ok, 4th-and-1, and you're on your own 42. Not a great place to turn the ball over, and you can count on Dickson to pin GB deep. You forced GB to a 3-and-out on their last possession. You could go for it, but Lynch just got nailed for no gain (GB has obviously been planning to stop Lynch), and 2/3 of the pass plays you've called thus far didn't work. You're only down 7, so you're not desperate. I think punting is completely justified.

In fact, I think the entire sequence of plays makes perfect sense, and I think most teams punt there.

I don't see how on one hand you complain that the run game wasn't working and Wilson was under immediate siege from the pass rush, and on the other hand figure a 4th down was a pretty sure thing.

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3p99bjow said:
Scorpion05":3p99bjow said:
Your argument ended the moment you excused 3 straight runs by Lynch on a drive.

It’s easy to paint propaganda and a narrative, if your only goal is to win an argument. Try seeking TRUTH instead, and maybe, even if we all disagree you won’t come across as stubborn. Let’s review the play by play:

The first 4 out of 7 plays were run. Off the bat, coming into Lambeau field with a gameplan that conservative is..weak. Use the pass to set up the run, especially if your 3 running backs were injured. Green Bay was already up by 7.

After those 3 straight runs, it was a 4th & 1. A “conservative” gameplan is not going for it. The Chiefs, Ravens, etc. go for it there.
Lynch runs on 1st down for 8 yards.

You have 2nd-and-2 and your RB just went for 8 yards. Is it rational or just conservative to run the ball there? I think it's rational. You're not out of your own end, so a deep pass isn't a great call, and your RB just ran for 8, and you want to slow down the pass rush. Running is a good call here.

Lynch gains 1 yard on 2nd-and-2

Ok, it's 3rd-and-1, and the ghost of past Super Bowls says when you need 1 yard and you have Lynch, you run the damn ball. Is it rational to run here, or just conservative? Running is a good call here. Even against a stacked box, Lynch can usually get one yard.

Lynch gets stuffed on 3rd-and-1

Ok, 4th-and-1, and you're on your own 42. Not a great place to turn the ball over, and you can count on Dickson to pin GB deep. You forced GB to a 3-and-out on their last possession. You could go for it, but Lynch just got nailed for no gain (GB has obviously been planning to stop Lynch), and 2/3 of the pass plays you've called thus far didn't work. You're only down 7, so you're not desperate. I think punting is completely justified.

In fact, I think the entire sequence of plays makes perfect sense, and I think most teams punt there.

I don't see how on one hand you complain that the run game wasn't working and Wilson was under immediate siege from the pass rush, and on the other hand figure a 4th down was a pretty sure thing.

MY issue with that series is to the 3 runs given what we go ton 1st down, but the types of run, anyone with common sense says they are stacking the middle so guy wide. especially after going straight on twice in a row. At the very least lets not wait till 3 seconds or less to snap it. But nope they rarely do anything else in the first half which gives the defense a huge advantage. The reality is that is conservative, it is designed to take time off the clock, while giving up any advantage we have. Where are in the first half, you want to do that in the 4th when we have a huge lead maybe, bit not in the first half. But this is what OC wants play it safe, close, and then turn it on when needed. Okay but it also leaves no margin for error and would not work without Wilson.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":1fyoh7zl said:
MY issue with that series is to the 3 runs given what we go ton 1st down, but the types of run, anyone with common sense says they are stacking the middle so guy wide. especially after going straight on twice in a row. At the very least lets not wait till 3 seconds or less to snap it. But nope they rarely do anything else in the first half which gives the defense a huge advantage. The reality is that is conservative, it is designed to take time off the clock, while giving up any advantage we have. Where are in the first half, you want to do that in the 4th when we have a huge lead maybe, bit not in the first half. But this is what OC wants play it safe, close, and then turn it on when needed. Okay but it also leaves no margin for error and would not work without Wilson.
We threw lots of passes in the first half, most of which were receptions over 10 yards or considered "deep" in the notation.

Sorry, but your alternate reality is coloured by your bias. Watch the actual game.

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":u9xmnwl7 said:
John63":u9xmnwl7 said:
We threw lots of passes in the first half, most of which were receptions over 10 yards or considered "deep" in the notation.

Sorry, but your alternate reality is coloured by your bias. Watch the actual game.

I guess you missed the part were I said that series were we ran 3 times that you referenced. Fyi thank you for admitting we played the same old same old in the first half, or run and throw long which is that is all you do is conservative. We are saying changing tempo quick passing. But hey let's not let the facts get in the way of your derangement.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":3qgxpau9 said:
KiwiHawk":3qgxpau9 said:
John63":3qgxpau9 said:

I guess you missed the part were I said that series were we ran 3 times that you referenced. Fyi thank you for admitting we played the same old same old in the first half, or run and throw long which is that is all you do is conservative. We are saying changing tempo quick passing. But hey let's not let the facts get in the way of your derangement.
I didn't miss that part; I assumed you simply didn't know that Lynch is at his best running between the tackles, so it wasn't worth responding to.

To be honest, I thought you were referring to our usual run, run, pass offense. I didn't consider deep passes - considered to be aggressive by pretty much everyone (https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#aggressiveness) to be conservative.

In that case, embrace conservatism, because Wilson is ALWAYS looking for the deep opportunity. It's his style, it's what has made his career, and it's why he was voted league MVP by PFF. If you want your style of aggressiveness, perhaps look into Pittsburgh. They have the lowest air yards per completion of any team - their QBs are #1 and #2. They also only won 8 games.

BASF

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33kdenhr said:
News flash: The Hawks D was SHREDDED, YET AGAIN in that game. But yeah, it's all on Russ :?

Shh. Don't tell them. It might interrupt their sewing circle.

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2uu4xet6 said:
John63":2uu4xet6 said:
KiwiHawk":2uu4xet6 said:
John63":2uu4xet6 said:

I didn't miss that part; I assumed you simply didn't know that Lynch is at his best running between the tackles, so it wasn't worth responding to.

To be honest, I thought you were referring to our usual run, run, pass offense. I didn't consider deep passes - considered to be aggressive by pretty much everyone (https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#aggressiveness) to be conservative.

In that case, embrace conservatism, because Wilson is ALWAYS looking for the deep opportunity. It's his style, it's what has made his career, and it's why he was voted league MVP by PFF. If you want your style of aggressiveness, perhaps look into Pittsburgh. They have the lowest air yards per completion of any team - their QBs are #1 and #2. They also only won 8 games.

And yet we still move the ball at will going uptempo, with a quick passing game with layered routea. Your problem is that you assume you still cant throw long with a quick passing game. You can is just means you also use the quick passing game to set it up. A few 5 yard passes move the sticks and forces safeties to come down and then you go deep, much like what you are trying to do with the run game when it works. But I understand your confused, I mean it only works everyone we do it, see almost every 2nd half.

BASF

Reaction score
John63":190ld79f said:
And yet we still move the ball at will going uptempo, with a quick passing game with layered routea. Your problem is that you assume you still cant throw long with a quick passing game. You can is just means you also use the quick passing game to set it up. A few 5 yard passes move the sticks and forces safeties to come down and then you go deep, much like what you are trying to do with the run game when it works. But I understand your confused, I mean it only works everyone we do it, see almost every 2nd half.

And yet, you never acknowledge that we are playing defenses that are playing soft since they have a big lead when we are being so successful with what you are describing.

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":dtf1xmjc said:
Jville":dtf1xmjc said:
RolandDeschain":dtf1xmjc said:
Somos doces":dtf1xmjc said:
Good post. I appreciate when people bring actual stats to the conversation.
There's a major problem with the assertion from his post, and yours backing it: you guys think passing is aggressive and running is conservative, by and large.

Which is, of course, not true...

Taking exception to a poster's choice of adjectives in no way deflects from the usefulness of actual drive summaries and run/pass counts provided.

Actual content matters ........ especially when it puts a spot light on suspect assertions or inferences.
How else can I put it? Run/pass counts is not indicative of much, and CERTAINLY not aggressiveness vs. conservatism on offense.
Preach!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":3vi4bb1l said:
KiwiHawk":3vi4bb1l said:
John63":3vi4bb1l said:
KiwiHawk":3vi4bb1l said:

I know, right? Especially late in the second half, when they play prevent defense ...

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":28snjvzu said:
John63":28snjvzu said:
KiwiHawk":28snjvzu said:
John63":28snjvzu said:

I know, right? Especially late in the second half, when they play prevent defense ...

Yeah and early in the 2nd when they are not, or late when that game is close and they are not playing prevent ornyje first drive against AZ last game were we moved and scored at will only to go back to SOSO. Nice try it failed.

Fade

Reaction score
In this thread I learned there are only 2 plays in the Seahawks playbook. Run or pass. :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They lost to GB, because the Seahawks came out flat once again to start a playoff game. Even in their playoff wins they start slow. Due to philosophy. It's just a question if the team can rally or not. So you actually can lose the game in the 1st quarter contrary to Pete's belief.

But The #1 reason in this specific instance they lost this game though was on Ken Norton. Due to having no plan for Davante Adams, GB's only real viable threat in the passing game. It was embarrassing and he should be fired. Especially given the context of the whole season where Kenny was roasted repeatedly by the same concepts, over and over again. He is the TT of defensive coordinators at this point.

You could have Shaq travel with him, or you could roll coverage, or you could put a safety over the top and bracket him. Their is a litany of things you could do. He did none of them. It's either arrogance, or incompetence. Either way he should not be the DC going forward. Pass rush can help sure, but there is clear evidence he is a liability and will be an element the Seahawks will have to overcome, while they also try beat quality teams.

I would have stuck Flowers on him, and put a Safety over the top. And had Shaq travel with the #2 WR 1 on 1 no safety help. By doing this Flowers would play more aggressive, knowing he has help, he plays like a coward when he has deep 3rd responsibility, panics, commits PI. But yeah, there were a lot of things they could've done that would be way better than let Davante Adams go where ever he pleases.

Remember when they played Tampa Bay and they had 0 people covering Mike Evans in the redzone? :shock:

The Rams.

They need to hire a guy off a staff that knows how to properly scheme for the Rams. That is the team that will be the difference in winning divisions, getting bye weeks, and more. It is pathetic that Pete just accepts he is going to get destroyed by the Rams every year, and is not being proactive and getting that fixed. He still can't stop that offense even though they took a massive step back. That is a huge red flag that Norton is not the man for the job.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The fact that they didn't have Griffin following Adams around is very telling. That's just plain horrible coaching.

Latest posts