Geno deserves our respect

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno is a proxy for one of the dumbest debates among Seahawks fans. Was he good? No. But If you watched this game and thought Geno was the primary reason for the loss, you might want to get your eyes checked.

I get that people want to throw mud at each other when Geno does or doesn't perform, but the team was terrible today.

What was the primary reason?

Keyhawk

Reaction score
I’m really proud of how Geno played – For many seasons we had Wilson thinking only about himself and his stats but today Geno showed how you could really just work at being a QB.

No matter what the down and distances, if it wasn’t there, he took the check-down – Yes, he made a mistake when trying to get a first down and was intercepted but for the rest of the game after that, he just took whatever was open and didn’t try to challenge the defense.

No matter what was needed he focused on the safe plays and didn’t take risks like RW would have done trying to pad his stats by taking risky throws and expecting his receivers to bail him out.

This loss is really a step forward for the Hawks because it will enable them to bring more team-focused, realistic play from the QB position in the future.

We should thank Geno for that.
Can we just put in Drew lock please

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Can we just put in Drew lock please
They'll both likely get rotated this season after getting chances and being streaky. So don't you worry, you're probably going to get plenty of Lock.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete knows Lock is a turnover machine. Don't expect to see him until late Nov. / Early Dec.

Unless Geno gets hurt.

If Geno keeps shooting blanks for another 4 quarters that could speed things up, but I expect him to be okay against ATL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. That didn't age well. Luckily many of us were WRONG about Geno and this YOUNG TEAM. And about Pete.
And our Running game is damn good, especially in the 4th quarter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Were we not giving Geno respect? I'm confused.

Seems like the entire planet is giving Geno all the respect he deserves right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's from Sept. 18th. I think it was just bumped to see the comments back then vs. how things turned out etc.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The thing is that Geno was playing well, within the structure he was provided in those first two games. Anyone watching the guy could see it - but instead, most reverted to the same tired "but 6 quarters! 6 quarters!" crap instead of actually evaluating to see where the fault lied.

Doubting preseason Geno was understandable. The doubt here was just regurgitation of priors and misattributed blame based on those priors.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Schneider deserves to be called out for moving Bobby. I think we'd have a chance with him instead of Barton.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Schneider deserves to be called out for moving Bobby. I think we'd have a chance with him instead of Barton.
I think the fact that the D is such garbage with Bobby gone is more damning than moving him.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I agree Wagner is better than Barton but would we have made the play-off without the $16.6m cap space releasing him created. We probably wouldn't have been able to afford Nwoso for example (and that less than half the cap space created)