Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

knownone

Reaction score
If Geno needs everyone to be perfect around him in order to be “top 5” than he is not a top 5 QB. Geno is a top 12-18 QB.
Just for clarification. Who are the 12-18 QBs ahead of Geno?

NoGain

Reaction score
Not in any particular order
Prescott
Burrow
Herbert
MaHommes
Allen
Jackson
Tua
Lawrence
Hurts
Cousins
Stafford
purdy
Goff
Stroud(he’s a rookie with more yards, TDs and only 1 int.)
that puts Smith @15
I think I agree with that. I see Geno as a middle of the pack NFL QB as of now. My mind could be changed as the season progresses. I need to see a full season out of Geno when other teams have book on him.

knownone

Reaction score
Not in any particular order
Prescott
Burrow
Herbert
MaHommes
Allen
Jackson
Tua
Lawrence
Hurts
Cousins
Stafford
purdy
Goff
Stroud(he’s a rookie with more yards, TDs and only 1 int.)
that puts Smith @15
This clears up a bit.

All things equal, I don't think Tua, Purdy, Stroud, or Hurts are better QBs than Geno right now. And I'd put Geno somewhere in the Cousins, Burrow, Goff, Prescott, and Stafford range. So in order:

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Jackson
Lawrence
Burrow
Stafford
Goff
Geno
Prescott
Hurts
Cousins
Tua
(Stroud and Purdy would be somewhere near the 20s)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Geno needs everyone to be perfect around him in order to be “top 5” than he is not a top 5 QB. Geno is a top 12-18 QB.
Good thing that I didn't say that he's top 5, then. 12th would be fringe top 10, which is exactly what I said.

I actually find it seriously objectionable that you discarded what I actually said to frame it as if I claimed that Geno was a top 5 overall quarterback. What's your game here?

NoGain

Reaction score
I need to see more out of Geno's short/quick execution/ball control passing game, more third down conversions, more of his red zone performance. I'm not down on Geno, but I'm still iffy on him beyond this year until I see more. And I definitely think we need to do some heavy scouting on college QB's and take a shot on one, possibly even two next spring. We can't ignore our need to develop a young QB in our system.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Peyton Manning had one of the worst offensive lines in football both in Indy and Denver and yet he played like an all-pro.
Joe Burrow was getting sacked as if he had a local peewee league Oline blocking for him and he led the team to a Super Bowl.
Elite QBs don’t hold on to the ball longer then they need to. Elite QB have this unique gift of covering up a team’s flaws. Mannings colts were a 2-14 team without Manning.
You mean Peyton Manning, The Donko's most Prolific Quarterback in '2013'?, the guy that got so rattled that he could only conjure up 8 points against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl 48?
I mean 43 to 8 ain't Jack Squat for "Covering up a Teams Flaws", because SOMETIMES the Defenses (like the Seahawks did in that game) will MAKE YOU hang onto the ball longer because your targets are covered and you have NOWHERE to go with the ball, + Peyton Manning didn't have his Offensive Line all beat to hell for the '2013' Season either.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This clears up a bit.

All things equal, I don't think Tua, Purdy, Stroud, or Hurts are better QBs than Geno right now. And I'd put Geno somewhere in the Cousins, Burrow, Goff, Prescott, and Stafford range. So in order:

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Jackson
Lawrence
Burrow
Stafford
Goff
Geno
Prescott
Hurts
Cousins
Tua
(Stroud and Purdy would be somewhere near the 20s)
This is much more HONEST & realistic list. ^^

warden

Reaction score
Football is a team game. One player gets beat or blows assignment everything else is off. Today we are going to start our tenth different combination on the offensive line. Everybody with their 20/20 hind site keeps coming up with the should have, could have stuff. Just doesn’t work that way. The team will look at the film see where they need to improve do to get better. Pretty much every QB in the league will have rough patches playing behind make shift offensive lines. The future is the QB of this team, well like every position, come off season we evaluate where we need to improve and the realistic options of doing so

Xxx

Reaction score
QBR isn’t the be all end all of QB play, but Geno is ranked seasonally as the 11th best QB by QBR (as of posting.) Before this game, Seattle had a Top 10 offensive DVOA, which is not a be all end all stat, but it is informative.

He has been good, with flashes of bad and greatness. He’s extremely effective on early downs and outside of the red zone. He’s been bad on 3rd Down and in the Red Zone. A limited QB, but not terrible. Not being elite, is not the same as being terrible.
Geno has everything to be great, but critical moments it seems like the game speeds up on him and he crumbles. I used to play ping pong with my buddies and we were all good, but one kid always won. Once in awhile someone would get lucky and beat him, but most the time he would find a way to shut you down and wipe you out, like a killer instinct competitive spirit and will to win, no one else was gonna win for him kinda thing and geno don’t have that. It’s crazy cause I’m definitely glad the Russell Wilson era has moved on but I can’t deny that russel had that.