Geno seems to be regressing

ivotuk

Reaction score
Those INTs he tossed to Ramsey were ridiculous! Lazy.

Is his age starting to show up in week 18?

This game has me leaning towards Station's new Golden Boy, CJ Stroud. Stroud showed something against Georgia no one has ever seen, mobility.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score

This game has me leaning towards Station's new Golden Boy, CJ Stroud. Stroud showed something against Georgia no one has ever seen, mobility.
This is the scary thing about Geno, at any point he can start to Geno. Sorry but theres a reason Geno has been a career backup. I honestly think the Hawks should draft a QB.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno does seem to benefit from some luck this year. I know he had 10 turnover worthy throws in a 4 game stretch and that was before the past 3 games were he's only added to that number. His INT numbers could easily be much higher. But he also makes some unbelievable passes at times too. I think he's good enough that you don't have to force a QB early but I'd still be leaning QB for sure if the right guy falls. I don't think a guy who is 33 with 1 great half and 1 average have of a season in year 10 is enough for me to say we don't need a QB of the future. I like Stroud a lot too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Regressing? No.

Revealing some of his erratic under pressure decision making? Absolutely.

But outside of the top 3-4 QB's in the entire league, that sums up the other top 10-15 QB's. Stats don't lie, Geno's had a phenomenal year and has led the team to the playoffs with a very suspect defense and sporadic run game to support him.

Again, no different than the other top 10-15 QB's outside of the elite like Mahomes, Allen, etc.

So no, not regressing. Just revealing that Geno needs what most good QB's need, a productive run game and above average defense so he doesn't have to press to make plays.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Hope we don't overpay for Geno out of desperation this offseason. He made a comment in the presser last night that he too has to make a "business decision". If there is huge bidding war we can just draft Will Levis or someone late like Jaren Hall.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hope we don't overpay for Geno out of desperation this offseason. He made a comment in the presser last night that he too has to make a "business decision". If there is huge bidding war we can just draft Will Levis or someone late like Jaren Hall.

If there's one thing Pete and John have been very adamant about with free agents and even their own player extensions, they're perfectly willing to let players walk if the contract is more than they think the player's worth.

So sure, maybe another team will get stupid with Geno. But I doubt it. I think most of the league views Geno the same way we do, he's a great story and a great fit for Seattle and how Pete's developed him.

A GM would be REALLY sticking his neck out to break the bank for Geno with only a one year sample size and thinking that'll translate to their team.

Russell only helps this notion. Once he left Pete, he stunk.

willyrobt

Reaction score

Bryce and Willis look good also.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This is the scary thing about Geno, at any point he can start to Geno. Sorry but theres a reason Geno has been a career backup. I honestly think the Hawks should draft a QB.
Geno should be a 2 year solution. No point throwing a rookie out there with this OL and defense. We have the draft capital to grab a few defensive studs, of which we have scant few.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score

The first INT was quite bad, the near pick was just a guy sitting in a good spot to be overlooked, third was just trying too hard with the pressure in his face. Laziness, however, seemed to play no part in any of them.

As for age... did you miss all the drives Geno kept alive with his legs? This was actually one of his best games in terms of making good decisions on when to run it.

Fox0r

Reaction score
That’s why you trade up.
And who do they trade up with? Too expensive to move to 1. 2 Hou will take a QB. 3 Ari won't trade with us so we can get a franchise QB. 4 Indy takes a QB. Only hope is that one of the two teams is enamored with Levis over Stroud. IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The first INT was quite bad, the near pick was just a guy sitting in a good spot to be overlooked, third was just trying too hard with the pressure in his face. Laziness, however, seemed to play no part in any of them.

As for age... did you miss all the drives Geno kept alive with his legs? This was actually one of his best games in terms of making good decisions on when to run it.

Geno's been a backup for a decade, he has the least mileage of any 32 year old in the history of modern NFL football.

Age is not a factor whatsoever with extending Geno, especially if it's in the 2-3 year rumored range.........and Geno proved this year health isn't a factor by taking every single snap.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't see us or anyone else breaking the bank for an older QB without a consistent track record coming off one good season. He's a gamble and not a long-term solution.

3 years 95m with maybe half of that guaranteed? Puts him just above the franchise tag, keeps him happy, gives you a consistent QB you're familiar with for a few years while you find a guy to be next in line - but not tied to forever. Not a huge price to pay to keep your offense intact with a guy who's been here for a while now. You're already with 3 rookies starting on offense this season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a rookie center and/or guard starting next year.

Might wanna see if there is a way to rework Tyler's deal, he's a pretty big cap hit for a guy that while putting up good numbers this year is obviously in the "please dont murder my body" mode of his career.

That being said, his (geno) performance hasn't been as remarkable lately so a lot of that probably depends on how he looks against SF. If he continues to turn the ball over, I'd be wary about giving him 30m+ a year.

chrispy

Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick says Geno's contract will be 19-22m. It's easy to find others that predict 30+. There are about 5 winning vet FA QBs available this off-season. I'd guess Rogers and Brady get more than 30 and Jimmy and Baker get less ... but all (and other FAQBs) will start in 23.

Geno's contract will have widespread impact on all areas of the Seahawks roster. I think it's impossible to predict whether there will be a competitive bidding war for Geno or where that number will end up. Heck, Saturday's game could move the dial multiple million in either direction.

JS has said many times that it's a GMs job to add to the QB position every year. Best case is Geno gets his payday but stays a Seahawk -and- JS brings in his favorite rookie -and- a third FA competes and ends up on Practice squad. There's no reason at this point to think this can't happen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Might wanna see if there is a way to rework Tyler's deal, he's a pretty big cap hit for a guy that while putting up good numbers this year is obviously in the "please dont murder my body" mode of his career.

I'd have ABSOLUTELY no hesitation in giving Tyler another year or two to alleviate some cap.

Another 1,000 yards and is arguably the most underrated receiver in the entire league, and I assume would love to finish out his career in Seattle.

DK gets all the attention, but as we saw the one game Tyler was out he's the most important receiver on this offense.

StoneCold

Reaction score
If there's one thing Pete and John have been very adamant about with free agents and even their own player extensions, they're perfectly willing to let players walk if the contract is more than they think the player's worth.

So sure, maybe another team will get stupid with Geno. But I doubt it. I think most of the league views Geno the same way we do, he's a great story and a great fit for Seattle and how Pete's developed him.

A GM would be REALLY sticking his neck out to break the bank for Geno with only a one year sample size and thinking that'll translate to their team.

Russell only helps this notion. Once he left Pete, he stunk.
What are the chances Geno and the Oline get better next year? Some of Geno's later season regression seems due to pressure. Even Aaron looked like shite with pressure. I realize he's been playign for 10 years, but a season of starting has to teach you some things.

Jville

Reaction score

Nice!

Also ....... Receivers, and the precision with which they run patterns, are an important factor for an error free passing game. Steve Raible commented during the broadcast that Geno and Dk appeared to him to be out of sync.

Coverage and pass rush are also outcome factors.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Regressing? No.

Revealing some of his erratic under pressure decision making? Absolutely.

But outside of the top 3-4 QB's in the entire league, that sums up the other top 10-15 QB's. Stats don't lie, Geno's had a phenomenal year and has led the team to the playoffs with a very suspect defense and sporadic run game to support him.

Again, no different than the other top 10-15 QB's outside of the elite like Mahomes, Allen, etc.

So no, not regressing. Just revealing that Geno needs what most good QB's need, a productive run game and above average defense so he doesn't have to press to make plays.
The only answer anyone should listen to.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Yeah, the difference between #4 and #5 looks huge as of right now. A lot will change from now until draft day, and there are still a handful of guys who could end up making a jump into the top four with a good draft process. I wouldn't be shocked if Carter in particular ended up falling a bit further than people think right now as people start scrutinizing more closely.

Of course the big unknown will be how much the FO likes the QBs. If a QB is available at 5 that they love then they should draft them.

Latest posts