George Farmer

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1zq7l120 said:
Oops I goofed on tthe arm length on this guy, the SPARQ table had Devin Smith just above him and 31" is his arm length. Sorry for the mistake.

Farmer actuall has a 33" arm length not 31". This better qualifies him as a potential DB candidate for the Hawk DB scheme. Farmer's measureables then are right where the Hawks like them to be.

Thanks for the correction. That puts his arm length in line with some of the other boundary corners on our roster.

Still concerned about some of the other qualities I think may be lacking, but we will see.

Rocket

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3sqozhbc said:
hawknation2015":3sqozhbc said:
The reason he failed at WR was due to his lack of fluidity in space . . . hard to imagine it working out for him at DB.

Did you take a negativity pill this morning?

For example, one could ask if the negativity pill bottle needs refilling... makes the criticism less antagonistic. :th2thumbs:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rocket":2ec187ho said:
Kennedyin92":2ec187ho said:
hawknation2015":2ec187ho said:
The reason he failed at WR was due to his lack of fluidity in space . . . hard to imagine it working out for him at DB.

For example, one could ask if the negativity pill bottle needs refilling... makes the criticism less antagonistic. :th2thumbs:

LOL

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I think he is going to be on this seasons "Undrafted" series that shows on NFL Network.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rocket":1v4sm2oo said:
Kennedyin92":1v4sm2oo said:
hawknation2015":1v4sm2oo said:

Dang....I thought it was a keg??? I am taking the wrong thing apparently. I am willing to learn.....too. :mrgreen:

Pie Romania

Reaction score
I don't know that he'll ever become a decent corner, but I have to say I look forward to seeing what comes of this. One guy I really wanted to see in a Hawks uniform as a CB switching from WR was Brice Butler (now with the Raiders). Not too well-known as far as I know and I'm pretty sure I read something in the pre-draft articles about PC looking to convert him to corner if he were drafted by Seattle. If he ends up a free agent in the next couple of years, I'm curious if they decide to pursue him still for that reason. His measureables were phenomenal: 6'3.25" 214lbs, 4.37 40, 39" Vert, etc. I know, side-tracking, but figured I'd mention it. Farmer seems like a similar athlete, although shorter.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Overseasfan":14tv1p1l said:
We'll have 5-6 corners on the roster. So far we have Sherman, Williams, Simon, Blackmon, Burley, Seisay, McNeill, Shead and Williams all being worthy of being on the 53 man roster. Not to forget that Lane is a definite lock as well when he comes off the PUP list.

If he can make a case for himself it's always welcome but I don't think another CB is necessary at this point.

This is a developmental prospect. You won't see him on the active roster this year.

If he does pan out, it will be about the time some of our younger depth guys might be up for a bigger contract. Also, with those elite physical measurables, it's worth a shot.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3fco0k2r said:
hawknation2015":3fco0k2r said:

It's not negative to make that comment. DB's have to be quicker and more fluid; they are reacting to a WR's breaks and moves so you have to be able to react quickly.

Jville

Reaction score
ap_320267423615.jpg
“If you’re looking to see what a guy can do instead of what he can’t do, then it does leave you open to opportunities to see things like that,” Carroll said.

George Farmer is Just the Latest Position-Switching Project for the Seahawks >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/25/george-farmer-just-latest-position-switching-project-seahawks[/urltargetblank]